Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Moving to AZ

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2002, 04:47 AM
brc007
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Moving to AZ

Well we are moving to Cave Creek, Arizona [half hour from Phoenix] on 14th but I have to pack up my computer tonight ,so I will be offline for about a week until I get my computer set up again. I am looking forward to moving, as it is very cold around here this time of year. The Sun Valley Flyers club is 5 miles from where we will be living!
See ya soon
Old 01-13-2002, 04:09 PM
Roadrunner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to Arizona

Brian, Here's an advance welcome to Arizona. The SV Flyers have an excellent field and a great club. I exchange newsletters with their NL editor, Bob Purdy. I am in Sedona. When you get settled, come up and pay of a visit. Bring your plane, we have a great field. I go up to your country to my little summer place in Hope (near Sandpoint) every summer for three months. Sometimes fly at Farragut.
Old 01-14-2002, 04:43 PM
Dugster

Default Welcome

Welcome to the valley of the sun. You're gonna like it here.

I fly at the East Valley Aviators field in Apache Junction. Yesterday (Sunday) I flew from 8:00am to 3:00pm. The conditions: Sunny, not a cloud in the sky, low 70's for the temp and not even a hint of a breeze. Lots of flight time, much gas used and brought the plane home intact. It just doesn't get any better than this!

Come visit us when you get settled.

Doug
Old 01-14-2002, 07:09 PM
Steve Campbell2

Default Moving to AZ

Roadrunner,

I've still got that info you provided me. I'm coming; but it looks like the wife has at least seven more years before she can retire where we want her to be at; so it will be later than I thought.

Still dreaming, though. I have HAD it with Lousyana... the latest "deal" to use state money to keep a freaking pro football team in New Orleans, while many state employees are are at bare subsistence salary levels, was the final straw.

Boy, how I wish I'd never come back here after getting out of the army...

Steve
Old 01-14-2002, 08:39 PM
Roadrunner

Default Moving to Arizona

Hang in there Steve. I Gaurantee the sun will be shining in Arizona seven years from now.