Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

RCU One Year Anniversary

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2002, 11:39 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCU One Year Anniversary

With RCU's one year anniversary right around the corner, what is planned to celebrate this momentous event?
Old 11-03-2002, 11:55 PM
Forgues Research
My Feedback: (7)

You mean RCU has been on for only one year, talk about a success story.
Old 11-04-2002, 01:01 AM
ramcharger

In less than 1 year you forced RCWatch to turn the lights out. Say bye-bye.
Old 11-04-2002, 02:13 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I "lit another candle" for RCU this weekend. Our 2nd server just came online to keep the speed as good as it was from day one. It will take a few more days for me to finish up the load balancing for full effect but some increase in speed should be noticeable already.
Old 11-04-2002, 11:33 AM
Geistware

I noticed when it died and when it came up it was faster, I thought it was a problem on my end!

I want to thank you and your team for a great board.
Old 11-04-2002, 12:50 PM
Groundforce-RCU
My Feedback: (20)

Ditto that......Thankyou for a great forum!
Old 11-04-2002, 05:07 PM
Texas 3D

without RCU, this hobby wouldn't be the same anymore. RCU became as important to this Hobby as my real flying time. It was a missing puzzle piece in this wonderful hobby. Great topics, nice people, helpful hints and tips, awesome deals on used and new items. All around a excellent site. I really really love being part of this group.

Happy Birthday RC Universe.
Old 11-04-2002, 11:32 PM
68v
My Feedback: (5)

Only one year old and just getting better!!! Just think what it will be like by next year!!!!!

68v
Old 11-05-2002, 12:38 AM
KCFlyBoy
My Feedback: (12)

I have very much enjoyed RCU since I found it in May. Happy Anniversary!
Old 11-05-2002, 02:00 AM
perdo
My Feedback: (61)

Default Hello Ramcharger

Hate to tell ya but I just left RCwatch. They are a little slow but they are still pluggin along.

As long as we don't ever have to put up with what happen to the old RCO.

Happy 1st to RCU.

And yes we all can get along....

Don/// :rainfro:
Old 11-05-2002, 02:14 AM
GrnBrt

And yes we all can get along....

Well according to a select few over there this will never happen and it's sad. We seem to be the evil empire to most of them, but RCW does serve a purpose just as RCU does, just wish everyone would get over their animosity.
Old 11-05-2002, 02:50 AM
mvigod
Banned

We often dislike those we don't understand or those who threaten us. Many of the holdouts over at these other sites feel that RCU has stolen away their home. All we really did was provide the users an environment to discuss RC in a generally friendly atmosphere. A simple formula to give users what they want and they beat a path to your door.

RCU begins as a bunch of scripts on a fast server. The thing that makes it what it truly is are the moderators and the users. It's like any society that has rules and police. The laws/rules are there for the greater good so everybody can enjoy their life and the police take care of those who's intentions are to disturb the innocent people trying to just have fun and live their life. The users here create the content or as I call it "magic" everyday and the moderators (police) keep the bad guys from ruining it for everyone. Other sites have perished by not realizing what it's really like being a user at one of these sites. I myself am a user just like the rest of you so I know what it looks like peering in from that vantage point.

We'll continue to stick to this vision and expand the site with all sorts of services that the members decide they want. I've considered things like a large buying group setup where RCU members can make quantity purchases for better deals (group buying power), RCU online store, RC Auction site with fees 1/2 of what ebays are, RCU Magazine which is already in place and expanding plus a whole lot more. Whatever will benefit the users and add value to this site for them we will be doing. It just takes a little time to get everything in place. I like to focus on one thing, get it running well and on cruise control and then expand.

I only wish I could see what the 5 year anniversary of this site will look like?
Old 11-05-2002, 05:26 AM
AKMac
My Feedback: (1)

This place is only one year old? Thats amazing. Thanks for all the info you guys have provided me with. Do you have any stock that I can buy?
Old 11-05-2002, 05:41 AM
mvigod
Banned

Stock...now that's an interesting question. I know you said it half jokingly but I honestly wonder how many users would be interested in purchasing stock in RCU?

Some of the expansion plans I mention will require manpower and capital. The RC industry is over 500 million dollars annually by some quick math. RCU could actually go public to raise funds for expansion by selling off 25% to 49% of it to the hobbyists themselves or investors. I used to be a stockbroker for a few months when I was a younger lad so I am familiar with how it could potentially work.

The possibilities with a magazine (both online or possibly print down the line), auction with 50% of the ebay fees, classifieds listings, online store or group buying club, value to advertisers and so on make the possibilities almost endless. Also all parties in the equation would win. The users, advertisers, buyers, sellers, readers, vendors, stockholders and so on...

Now 3 or 4 years ago this would be a done deal in a heartbeat during internet mania days but these days it is a tougher sell but I still believe it's not really too far off the charts as the industry is big and RCU can continue to add value to the RC "circle of life". Any investment bankers out there in RCU land
Old 11-05-2002, 11:35 AM
Geistware

What I have found on other boards is that their is a cliche that if you don't fit into, then you don't fit in. Here either their is so many cliche that it doesn't matter, or everyone functions within the spirit of the environment and we all get along. I have had my hand slapped a couple of times for posting in inappropriate areas. "I didn't read the rules" When the moderators explained it to me, I didn't do it again. I didn't go off and sulk and complain about the board.
Old 11-09-2002, 08:17 AM
deka14353
My Feedback: (45)

Hi about the stock thing i don't know zip but i like the sound of it can you tell me more? thanks
Old 11-09-2002, 08:18 AM
deka14353

by the way this site is the best yet i ever join thanks rcu and keep the good work
!happy birth day!
Old 11-09-2002, 02:02 PM
mvigod
Banned

Thanks - I'll let you know more on the stock thing as it develops. I'm meeting with a few people in the next few weeks to discuss various possibilities.
Old 11-09-2002, 04:19 PM
deka14353

Default thanks

thanks
Old 11-09-2002, 05:08 PM
GrnBrt

Originally posted by RCadmin
Thanks - I'll let you know more on the stock thing as it develops. I'm meeting with a few people in the next few weeks to discuss various possibilities.
If this idea works does it mean we get a pay raise????
Old 11-09-2002, 11:42 PM
mvigod
Banned

Art - maybe some stock options
Old 11-10-2002, 12:50 AM
Geistware

If you start with the stock options for the board, I am interested in understanding what the offering will be.
Old 11-10-2002, 01:33 AM
Russ Verbael

Default Happy Birthday, RCU !!!!

You folks have created what some of the other sites used to be like....but bigger, better, faster, more inclusive.

Sorta leads us to the old discussion of why the Greek empire or the Roman Empire collapsed.

My best wishes for the next 99 years!!
Old 11-10-2002, 03:44 AM
maverick
My Feedback: (12)

Originally posted by RCadmin
Art - maybe some stock options
You should look to the member's userid number to determine when they started supporting RC Universe so that people who have been with you from the start get some sort of reward!
Old 11-10-2002, 04:32 AM
mvigod
Banned

My userid is "1"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.