Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Kondor Model Products -KMP Be careful

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Kondor Model Products -KMP Be careful

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2003, 02:23 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kondor Model Products -KMP Be careful

www.kmp.ca

Good friend of mine got some brochure on this and gave me the webpage. These planes looked very familiar.

There Corsair looks identical to the GSP with higher price. i beleive it is because they force you to use there retracts that are included.

The Peashooter is the same also.

Their AT 6 Texan seems to be identical to the Kyosho which I just bought. Dimensions, Fiberglass fuselage and the whole thing but that price is close to Towers.

Need to be carful these days.

Also Jamara has some interesting planes too. Not to badmouth here but it may save you some money to look around
Old 01-01-2003, 04:10 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

You ought to do a LITTLE research before posting something saying "watch out!" There is plenty of info here already about KMP/GSP/AMD/Flair and you ought to look it up before accusing...
Old 01-01-2003, 05:05 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

I am only pointing out the fact their seems to be alot ofplanes coming out which appear to be identical to those already on the market by other companys.
If you wish to purchase the Corsair for $400 when you can buy it for $300, have at it. Kondor's T6 is $209 and elsewhere sells for $165. You may enjoy sitting on your fat wallet but I encourage others to look around first.
The only accusation made was by you! :stupid:

I am not stupid enough to buy the first thing i see. KMP/AMD/GSP/Do Re me? who cares. Customer service is where its at. Remember when the Hangar 9 Edge 54o had wing problems and how good they took care of it. And now the H9 P-51 with the Cowling/Paint thing. They sent me a new one with no questions.
How many of you think any of those KMP/AMD/GSP will do the same? I have found that whatever happens in model aviation, the distributors beleive it is pilot error.
AKondor states though they may look the same and be darn close to the same size, their not. Well it is close enough for me to look around even if they are from China
Old 01-01-2003, 06:04 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Take it easy, we are both on the same side, here.
Look around, and see what the deal is. There are several different companies selling the same airplanes, and yeah, the pricing is very different.
KMP, though, according to several posts by them, are coming from a different, new factory, and the planes are somewhat different, even if they are using the same pics. And they have some new ones like the P38 that nobody else has.
If you want rock bottom prices on the GSP stuff, check ebay, there is a place called leo models there that sells them lower than anybody else I have found.
They also have a couple of gee bees that nobody else has.
I do not think the Kyosho one is the same at all, as kyosho has always had their own exclusive designs, far as I have seen...
Happy flying!
Old 01-02-2003, 06:28 PM
Tailgunner-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Before deciding to order a KMP Gee Bee I had several communications with the company. My questions were always answered quickly and they seem to want to provide a good product.

For whatever reason I have a good feeling about this company and I have ordered a Gee Bee. How it works out..............time will tell.

Cyclic Hardover's "warning" has a tone to it, perhaps "attitude" is a better description. If you just said "Be careful what you buy" or had seen a KMP product (or better yet flown one) your comments would make more sense.

How do you know that KMP will not support this product ?

Or that finding a plane that "LOOKS SIMILAR", but costs less is still built the same way?
Old 01-02-2003, 08:27 PM
TOMMYSTA
My Feedback: (15)

Default CORSAIR INFO

Guys this may indeed two different planes. GSP advertised their Corsair wingspan at 75.5" and if I remember correctly Kondor advertises it at 71". I could be wrong (it wont be the first or last time!!!) but these may be two different planes.
Tom
Old 03-17-2003, 03:00 PM
AKondor

Hi guys:

Just for the record....my kits are not from the same factory as GSP and the others.

I agree that people should shop around and be well informed about kits before you buy them. Any good manufacturer will 100% guarantee their product as I do stating that I will fully refund the purchase price of the aircraft if you do not like what you see when you receive it.

Customer service is everything in this business!

Any questions about our kits??....call me personally toll free
888-968-7251 between 11:00 and 6:00 eastern

Andrew Kondor
KMP
Old 04-26-2003, 04:02 PM
blacksheep
My Feedback: (1)

Default seem like responsible people

I just spoke with Andrew Kondor and he did everything possible to answer my questions about the Corsair... which is out of stock until June...

The model is at Top Gun (don't know if entered or just showing) and Andrew is getting the phone number of someone who is reviewing the kit so that I can call and get first hand details.

Andrew says it is not from the same manufacturer as any other Corsair kit.

The kit includes Spring Air retracts.

Glad to let anyone know what I hear next week.
Old 04-26-2003, 05:23 PM
Sport Flyer
My Feedback: (10)

You know I'd really hate for a company to lose a sale because someone does a quick search and browses the subject heading reading:
"KMP - Be Careful" ; and the warning is only because its scale models look like those from another manufacturer. I might be only a sport flier, but I'm pretty sure one scale Corsair should look like another scale Corsair. The question is, are the specs the same, and even if the dimensions are similar, is the construction the same?

I read this thread only because of the "Be careful" tag. Well, be careful of accusatory internet threads.
Old 04-27-2003, 07:20 AM
AKondor

Hi:

If anyone wishes to compare my Corsair to the others, the wingspan is 71.3" and the length is 52"

I hope it helps,

Andrew Kondor
KMP - 888-968-7251
Old 04-27-2003, 10:13 AM
hkorczak
My Feedback: (5)

KMP had a booth at this year's Toledo show and I met with Andrew and talked to him at length about his products. Having seen a friends GSP Corsair a few months and the KMP Corsair at Toledo, they are not the same kit. He also had the new P-38 on display and it's a beauty. Much nicer than the VQ P-38, IMO. KMP is also releasing a Sea Fury ARF with a 71" span. I don't see GSP or any other company that has this one. You never get a second chance to make a first impression, and Andrew made a very good impression!

See Ya!
Old 04-28-2003, 01:18 PM
crashNburnin

yea I agree , thats a silly way to start a thread, almost sounds like they did you wrong or sumthin. I've seen their corsair....awesome!
Old 04-28-2003, 01:24 PM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Thread title has been changed to remove the warning label.