Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

R/C Srobe lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2003, 01:49 AM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R/C Srobe lights

im looking for some police srobe light red/blue for my r/c plane its a large 1/3 scale with police decals and a strobe light in the canopy would be awsome. something more brighter than led so you can see during the day.. please advise if you have any ideas
thanx
Old 01-19-2003, 07:49 AM
My Feedback: (33)

Default R/C Srobe lights

Some bicycle shops have personal protection devices that are small enough to clip on. They are high intensity strobe lights that use a 9 volt or 3 aa batteries, some have changeable lenses in yellow or blue maybe red? they are bright even in daylight. I think wall mart had them too, they would be small and light.

I have a single lense 3 lamp strobe that I use to clip on My belt while working the fog line at night. its about 3" across, I got it at a wrecker supply and cost $60+ but it only has a amber lense.
Sirens" no clue

Dan Z.
Old 01-19-2003, 11:38 AM

Default Strobes?

Keith . . . the most brilliant ( and as of this past year the most popular) lighting systems for R/C are being made in CA by Electrotek R/C. Even some of the Heli Mfg's that have their own line are using Electrotek's Heli-Lites systems. They're mil spec quality and available in any configuration you can dream up. The Red/Blue Police-Lites will even strobe alternately, if you like. FWIW, we are the mfg that designed for the military the night lighting / monitoring systems used for RPV night ops. These systems exceed the military's minimum night visibility of 3 clicks ( 3,000 yards ) The lights are all low power / long life / no heat 'State of the Art' LED technology and come with scale like Lens Caps and chromed Reflectors. Our new ( DEC 2002 ) Reds are now 9900 mcd 5mm which is better than 3 X more brilliant than an R/Shack UltraBrite Red and 260% brighter than our previous Red. Our new Green LEDs are a staggering 17,000 mcd compared to our previous 10,000 and the Whites are now as brilliant, size for size, as a Xenon strobe. Daylight visibility is awesome and now well better than 500 ft for all of our LED colors.
One small master control module is prewired to do it all including independant and seperate On/Off control for Landing Lights [which have 50+ ft beams] and Nav lights. The Red Marz-Lite ( beacon ) can ramp up to intensity and fade like a real rotating beacon or flash like a xenon strobe , both with twin adjustments for variable rate and duty-cycles. Single sequencing Anti-Collision strobe(s) can be built-in or use one of the 3 accessory ports to plug in multi-sequencing A/C strobes that you can set to flash 2 - 5 times per pulse sequence, both also have twin adjustments for variety. And . . you don't need to program it with a computer, it's completely 'User Friendly'. Even customed wired for practically 'drop in and play' operation.

For more info you can call toll free 9 to 9 daily / weekends at . . . . . 888 567-2862. Ask for 'Tech Support'

For off the shelf systems we can recommend well known heli dealers or for customed units you can deal direct.