Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Radio repair (old World Engines)??

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Radio repair (old World Engines)??

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 05:14 PM
Airshark
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio repair (old World Engines)??

Hey, anyone know anything about getting an old World Engines radio repaired?? I have one (the first radio I ever bought) back in 1992 I think....I know its gold sticker approved(one of the first....I remember the box had the gold star on it with the words 1992 APPROVED!!, its an FM 7 channel with some good mixing capabilities and was allways a good radio, but finely started to "chatter" the servos, and would work some times and some times it wouldnt...(I also tryed it with another reciever to make sure it was the TX)( I'm at work now and can't get it or I'd list the exect model #). But I hung it up in my utility room and just forgot about it...saw it the other day and was just wondering if it would be worth the effort to try and get it fixed?? I know I gave over $200 dollars for it in 1992... Do they still make radios? Repair them? OR is there a repair warehouse somewhere that can repair any brand of radio for a price that would make it worth looking into???? I would also need to get another receiver for it also , because the old one has been lost for years...lol...its a channel 28. I think I can get one from the LHS and just match the chrystal, if I could get the TX fixed? Well ....any suggestions would be appriciated.... its just sitting there collecting dust...and I have many fond memories of the times I spent with it on my first trainer....And I have another Trainer right now that I would like to put it in to teach my sons to fly with.....thanks for any help....
Old 01-21-2003, 06:51 PM
WORNBOOTS
My Feedback: (33)

Airshark

Welcome to RCUniverse"

Try this link, They may be able to help with system.
http://www.radiosouthrc.com/

Happy Flyin
Dan Z
Old 01-22-2003, 07:01 PM
Airshark
My Feedback: (2)

Thanks for the link Wornboots...I've contacted them about the radio and there supposed to get back to me by e-mail....very helpful thanks!!!
Old 01-23-2003, 02:03 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yep, Tony and the guys are straight shooters....and if you go to the Perry Show next month, they will be there!

Jerry
Old 01-23-2003, 03:25 PM
xp8103
My Feedback: (16)

Wesley,
I had one of those World Expert sets as well. Silver and black tx. I think Aristocraft made them? It was a great radio and served me well from 1990 to 1998. I don't think in all that time I had it serviced once.