Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

IM a new pilot

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2002, 11:29 AM
bkf
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: IM a new pilot

Originally posted by Lil'Pilot566
Im a pilot and its really fun I live in scottsbluff, NE and my dad is teaching me on a gentle lady he bought for me. Its a real run sport and I love it. I used to be on a telemaster but I was a little shaky on it. so well ill gues ill be talking to you later
Have a good time there LP566
Old 08-05-2002, 07:01 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default IM a new pilot

I really think you are learning the BEST way - by flying a glider you are learning how to fly on the wing, not by pulling a lot of horse power to save you!

Congrats...and keep us informed on your progress...

Jerry
Old 08-28-2002, 09:03 AM
FHHuber
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IM a new pilot

I took my sailplane out to the field Sun... caught a thermal and went buzzard chasing. Its not hard to impress people that are used to needing an engine to keep thier plane in the air.

Dead air launches with High start, about 1 min 30 sec Thermal catching... 20 min + No fuel mess (no slope near here. )

People that have always flown powered planes seem to have problems with the slow floaters... they don't understand them. Its a different, and relaxing type of flying that I love to do, even though I like the high performance planes too.

And... I've never failed to have a student solo a glider in one day. Easy and fun... can't beat it.