Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Stolen Planes

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 11:57 AM
Kaos Rulz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stolen Planes

Now we're talking!! [>:]

I'll bet we can pull an M.I.III on em.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Paul88880000

HI again mainer jim,
I could tell you a hundred bad things to do, but the dogs are not at fault here.

Easyest way to deal with a bad dog Is to noose them and tie them to their own fence one at a time,
one long broom handle six foot of steel rope(one rope for each dog),you know how to make a noose don't ya.

Attatch the steel rope to the broom handle with masking tape so when the dog pulls back It rips the tape and snares itself.
Once you've noosed them pull them tight up to the fence and tie the noose off so It can't come undone and tie them off,leaving them with about four foot of running around room,drop them a piece of meat each to keep them quiet whilst you go In and do what you have to.

If you have only one dog to deal with,tape several newspapers around your left arm and just jump In at the opposite end of the yard,
as the thing runs at you offer up your left arm and as It jumps up to take It,
boot the animal as hard as you can In the privates then just tie It up and drop It a piece of meat.

I hope this helps.

Paul.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:56 AM
BankYank
My Feedback: (63)

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Wait until she is gone. Put some meat by the gate and leave it open so the dog's go out for a run down the street. Go kick the door down and grab your stuff. When your there grab a few extra things and tossem in the garbage someplace. I think it could be done in under 5 minutes. Quick and easy and i doubt thy would call anyone to report there stolen planes were stolen.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:06 AM
psiturbo

Its insane, people steal RC stuff like if it was gold.

I never thought it was so serious until seen numerous incidents posted on RCUNIVERSE.

Man, good luck; besides taking what is not theirs, invasion of privacy.

I hope you find them.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:29 AM
rainedave
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much do private detectives charge? More or less than the $2000 reward you're thinking about? In other words, pay someone else to do the trespassing, dog baiting and video taping.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:18 AM
PacificNWSkyPilot
My Feedback: (19)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm presently exploring the area to find out what ATV (4-wheeler 4X4 ATV) trails are in the immediate area. maine is honeycombed with trails and there night be something very close to the rear of their property. I'd love to take a solid week off and concentrate on just this, but life just doesn't go that way. I have to do what I can, when I can. I do like the idea about the dogs and the meat. I have to say, though, the cable...unless I had a bunch of that around, that could be traced if I went out and bought it and used it and left it there. I like that idea, though.

Jim
Old 05-13-2007, 08:32 AM
BUDMAN27

I wonder if the local news paper might be interested in your story. Might help speed things up with the cops if they look bad in the press for not helping a tax paying citasin.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:39 AM
Trollmaster

Just get the dogs drunk and take advantage of em. Dress em up in stupid outfits. Tie a sign around their necks saying, "Next time this could be you!"
Old 05-13-2007, 10:54 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be carefull with the newspaper idea. That could leave you open to a libel lawsuit. No matter how absurd and wrong that sounds. If the police wont back it would be a nightmare in court.
Edwin
Old 05-13-2007, 12:32 PM
Trollmaster

Just put their house up for sale in the paper. It's really funny and the phone calls never end. Or sell their cars. You can be a real pain in the ***** if you want to.

Several years a go before computer tech an the privacy act took off, this guy was causing me grief so I had his electricity and phone shut off.

Magazine subsriptions work very well too and the best is if you kow their phone number, get to some automatic fax machines like radio stations who fax junk all the time, That damn phone will be ringing all day long and all night. They'll pick it up an eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh[>:][>:][>:][>:][>:][>:]
Old 05-13-2007, 12:43 PM
Trollmaster

Old 05-13-2007, 12:44 PM
Trollmaster

Old 05-13-2007, 04:30 PM
BUDMAN27

Trollmaster you should (if not allready) get a job as a Pro. comedyen. You really do come up with some funny stuff.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:46 PM
Live Wire

Getting interesting. I bought an estate from a lady hear in NE Colo. and when she went to get some gear out of her late husbands trailer it was empty[:@] Some one took every thing and I am out a set of H9 1/4 J3 wing and a bunch of field gear[:@] and there is no chance of getting anything back.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:48 AM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: BUDMAN27

I wonder if the local news paper might be interested in your story. Might help speed things up with the cops if they look bad in the press for not helping a tax paying citasin.
Mainer Jim,

If you do most of the things that have been suggested here, I can promise you that the local media (probably national as well) will become interested. Probably not in the manner hoped for, but reporting how you have been arrested and are being prosecuted for taking the law into your own hands. You would be better served to hire a professional private detective (or an off duty police officer) to ascertain whether the people who you suspect took your planes actually did, in fact, do this. Once the evidence has been gained, it becomes a simple matter of swearing out a warrant for their arrest. Then the local law enforcement officers get to do their jobs, and you are not liable for any misconduct on your part. I know that it would give you personal pleasure to be able to go and get your own stuff, but the law would turn on you, and you would become the bad guy, and lose out all around. Don't listen to these guys.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1
Old 05-14-2007, 06:57 AM
BUDMAN27

This guy sounds like he knows what he is talking about. I,d listin to him if I were you.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:45 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot

Bill's got a 4-Digit AMA number, he's been around for a while! I always say that we should listen to the folks with the experience. And Bill, I agree with you about everything you said. Can't fault me for wanting the guys dead, though!

Jim
Old 05-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: Mainer_Jim

Bill's got a 4-Digit AMA number, he's been around for a while! I always say that we should listen to the folks with the experience. And Bill, I agree with you about everything you said. Can't fault me for wanting the guys dead, though!

Jim
And herein lies the reason we have creeps like those that stole Jim's models. They pretty well know they can get away with it in today's society of perpetual concern over criminals will zero regard for the victims. How much do honest people have to take? [:@]

Red S AMA 951.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:25 PM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Red Scholefield

And herein lies the reason we have creeps like those that stole Jim's models. They pretty well know they can get away with it in today's society of perpetual concern over criminals will zero regard for the victims. How much do honest people have to take? [:@]

Red S AMA 951.
Red,

I agree with you 100%. The problem lies in the fact that the law has nothing to do with what's right, or with common sense. True, criminals do often get away with the crime, but sadly, if we try to take the law into our own hands, the law will come down on us without remorse. We become the bad guys, while those who did the original crime will probably only receive a token sentence (if any) due to mitigating circumstances (they couldn't afford toy airplanes as children, and the desire was so strong that they could not deny the urge). Poor mistreated brats. Phooey [:'(]

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1

What does a 4 digit AMA number have to do with it?????
Old 05-15-2007, 05:25 AM
PacificNWSkyPilot

hehe...Just saying that the 4-digit AMA number means you've been in the hobby longer than most of us. However, that's kind of a moot point now that Red showed up. I only know one other person other than Red who has a 3-digit number. If one has been around that long, one has had the time to acquire the wisdom in these circumstances...typically. As opposed to those of us with 5 digits who store our planes in a place where they can be stolen from. Ergh.

Jim
Old 05-15-2007, 05:28 AM
PacificNWSkyPilot

RCOutlaw, the Colorado case sounds like somebody who knew what was in that trailer. I shouldn't be surprised if some of the stuff starts showing up at local fields and stores.

Jim
Old 05-15-2007, 01:39 PM
Live Wire

M J
That was my thought to and started covering the bases. The lady that I delt with has no idea what is gone or if any thing else is gone from the farm. I am the only one that reallynew what he had by the emty boxes that I got when I unpacked the larger boxes.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:11 AM
jcflysrc
My Feedback: (50)

It's tough man. I really feel for ya. Low lifes for sure. One thing you must do is keep yourself above the level of those who took your stuff. It would suck to be the one who gets on the bad side of the law, after being the first victim in this thing. You might get your stuff back, and then again...who knows? I hope you do. Main thing is just don't let it happen again, but you knew that.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:50 AM
llilly
My Feedback: (23)

This is an interesting story - happened a long time ago. So what happened in the end? What has happened since then? Did you get your stuff back?
Old 05-16-2007, 10:52 AM
llilly
My Feedback: (23)

Oh sorry, guess it didn't happen a long time ago - misread the 2007 for 2002. I'm curious as to the outcome of this story - I hope that the good guys prevail in the end.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.