Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

USPS - Canada Post - Not Impressed

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

USPS - Canada Post - Not Impressed

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 11:23 PM
Jim_Purcha
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default USPS - Canada Post - Not Impressed

I just received a Hobbico Superstar Ep on Tuesday April 10, 2007., it came USPS Airmail Priority from Minneapolis,MN to Winnipeg, MB Canada. It left the USA on March 26th, was registered with Canada Customs on April 8th, 2007. Airmail priority - 10 business days for two citites which are only 8 hours apart. I could have drove and got this package faster by Greyhound Bus than by USPS Air Priority. And it cost me $20.00 to get it in 17 days. [:'(][:-]
Old 04-15-2007, 08:40 AM
Dr1Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: USPS - Canada Post - Not Impressed

Next time, buy it from your LHS in Canada.

Dr.1
Old 04-15-2007, 08:59 AM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: Jim_Purcha

Airmail priority - 10 business days for two citites which are only 8 hours apart.
Are they still using Curtiss Jenny's to fly the mail up there?
Old 04-15-2007, 09:26 AM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

Still might have taken your customs that long to register it. Here in the states I have never had delays like that. Living as close to Canada as I do I can be sure the problem could be shared, as most any goverment run program is prone to problems at any time.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:18 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Don't blame the USPS as the problem is on the other end. I've shipped items to Canada several times and for addresses only about 200 miles away, it's taken 10 days. I shipped an engine to Germany much faster!
Old 04-15-2007, 10:55 AM
Dr1Driver

Dogsleds?

Dr.1
Old 04-15-2007, 11:09 AM
donkey doctor

Hello; You don't want to order from Australia then; I ordered an Enya 25SSD from Modelflight on Dec 13, I still haven't recieved it. When I ordered it they said that I'd have it by christmas. After three angry Emails, they admitted that they didn't have one in stock, but would send it along when they got it.

I'm presently waiting on an
Enya 25SS from Ohio, it was put into the mail on Mar 28, I still am waiting.

Mail service from Canada to Canada isn't much better; I just recieved a 2100 lipo pack from Ottawa that was mailed on the 24 Mar.

I find that items ordered from Hong Kong are about the fastest, usually just 5 days.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:21 PM
Joe Nagy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Jim;

Greetings from cool, windy and rainy Florida.

I sympathize with your problem, and can speak from experience myself. I am a former Canadian, we moved to the US 27 yrs ago, and still have most of our Families still living in Canada. Canadian Mails, sent to us in the US usually takes 5>7 days, sometimes only 3 days for cards and letters. BUT, for US Mails to reach the recipients in Canada always takes a minimum of 9 days, most of the time more. Why you/we ask.

Well, many years ago, I got aggravated about this long delivery time thing, and finally went to speak to some top executive type people in Phoenix, [Head Postmaster, Main terminal], and he stated that virtually all Foreign Mails, Especially to Canada, were out of the USA within 24>48 hours, as the US system would simply overload if not, but that the time delay esperienced by Canadian recipients was due to the Canadian Postal System itself, mainly due to their extremely powerful and very militant Canadian Postal Workers Union. I lived in Canada for my first 36 years and remember with fond aggravation the many, many Postal Worker Union strikes, wherein you received no mails for weeks or months on end, and seeing on the CBC National News, Canadian Postal WOrkers at X-Mas time playing Hockey with Postal Packages marked [Glass_Fragile, etc.,], and I am sure that you have seen these same images yourself. So, I conclude, that the biggest part of this US>Canada Mailing problem lies within Canada itself.

Here in the US, [& I purchase and have shipped to me a lot of kits, have almost 600 now, with eBay and all]. USPS Priority Mail is virtually fool proof, no damages at all, with or without Insurance; USPS Parcel Post- OK but no cigar: UPS/Fedexonly fair, they break stuff, and you have little or no recourse, UPS simply will not pay with or without Insurance. So I simply use USPS Priority Mail, and request anyone shipping a kit to me to use same, and will pay extra for that privilege. That's all I got, best regards from Goosebump Beach, [no Bikinis or Thongs today], Manasota Key, Englewood Florida.

Joe Nagy.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:24 PM
Jim_Purcha

Actually ordered my first one from the LHS. I was going to repair the fuselage until I saw this great deal on ebay.

ORIGINAL: Dr1Driver

Next time, buy it from your LHS in Canada.

Dr.1
Old 04-15-2007, 02:28 PM
Jim_Purcha

That would probably be an improvement. Even though I did receive two sets of plans from the AMA by USPS Global in less than a week.
ORIGINAL: khodges

ORIGINAL: Jim_Purcha

Airmail priority - 10 business days for two citites which are only 8 hours apart.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:47 PM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

Nope, it's our side. And our customs agent take their time too.. and charge you accordingly for it..
Old 04-16-2007, 02:53 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I sell a lot stuff on E-bay and ship all over the world. Items to Canada and Australia seem to take most time to arrive, based on the
"where's my item?" emails I receive.