Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Radical RC

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2003, 03:50 PM
Gastronom-RCU
Banned
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radical RC

Anyone know these people? I sent them money two days ago and received an email yesterday saying that they didn't have time to fill my order for at least another week. Something about the WRAM show.

So what's up with this? anyone??

Nothing upsets me more then when people accept my money and hold my product until they are ready to send it...!!!

So lemme know your opinion about this.
Should I:
Suck it up and wait on this company or go ahead and file a grevance against them with paypal and have my money returned to me???

These days people just don't have any idea as to how to take care of the consumer. Grrrrr...
Old 02-20-2003, 03:59 PM
SMALLFLY-
My Feedback: (19)

Default Radical RC

prices are good
products are good
sometimes service is slow
It is a very small operation and you just have to be patient when they have a show schedule
I have used them many times and I am happy with them, but occasionally it takes a while to get the product
you learn when dealing with them to plan ahead a bit
Old 02-20-2003, 04:02 PM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Default Radical RC..

It's just him and his wife, I think. He used to have a calander on his website telling when he would be gone to a show.

I've ordered a lot of stuff from Dave...I just don't ever wait until I need it.

You seem to have singularly bad experiences with companies I like to do business with (Just Engines comes to mind).
Old 02-20-2003, 04:03 PM
xp8103
My Feedback: (16)

Default Radical RC

You should be patient. Dave is a good guy and has a great product and good service. But like so many in our hobby, his is a cottage business. He's going to be at the WRAM show and probably taking his employee with him - himself.
At least he had the decency to let you know that there would a be a little delay and gave you a valid reason.

Be patient.
Old 02-20-2003, 04:20 PM
Gastronom-RCU
Banned

Default Thanx Guys

I have decided to wait, didn't have a clue that it was a single couple's operation.
I really appreciate your opinions on this matter. I tend to get antsy when my money is out and I have to wait on any company to send out my products. I've been round 'n' round and up a wall with TH..
Old 02-20-2003, 04:32 PM
Mike Bogh
My Feedback: (14)

Default Radical RC

Just another opinion, but Thacker's a stand up guy who'll go out of his way to help you...I've "known" him for 6 years or so...He's done what we would all like to do...somehow make our "hobby" pay the bills...I wish I could fer sure...
Old 02-20-2003, 04:52 PM
Texas 3D

Default Radical RC

Great to hear that you decided to stay cool about this issue and wait (it's just a week anyway)

All my batteries come from Thacker, and I have nothing but good to say about his products and service. Met him at Top Gun last year, and he is a very nice guy. I always place my order ahead of time, just in case he has to go out for a show, or has some batteries back ordered. That could happen too (has to me before), and also to a lot of other companies who wouldn't even tell you about it.
Old 02-20-2003, 05:03 PM
KevinSheen

Default Radical RC

I've ordered from Radical 3 or 4 times. The very last time, he was short of one of the packs that I ordered. He kept me informed about the delay and I got the products as expected, just a bit later than usual.

His stuff is a great value and the thing I love is, he doesn't rip you a new one in the shipping department.

Kevin
Old 02-20-2003, 06:17 PM
mpj220

Default Radical RC

No longer support RCU
Old 02-20-2003, 08:30 PM
cloudhopper
My Feedback: (1)

Default Radical RC

Been flying electrics for a couple of years and have gotten most of my batteries from Dave.He has always been very helpfull and the packs are always great quality.I have learned to ask him what day he will ship because sometimes it can take a couple of weeks to get an order.Great guy IMHO.

steve
Old 02-20-2003, 09:49 PM
Joss Stick
My Feedback: (1)

Default Radical RC

He comes to our fly-in every year and there's always a crowd around his booth. I've bought stuff from him at the show, in Toledo, and via the internet. No problems what so ever.

His shop is one room in his house.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:36 PM
OnTheEdge

Default Radical RC

Great company to deal with. Good pruducts, good prices and quite knowledgable. The WRAM show is a very important trade show to guys in our hobby, if you tried to call most of the popular RC companies they're all out of town on the way to the WRAM show.

Oh...one more great thing. EVERYTHING is $2.00 shipping and handling
Old 02-20-2003, 11:39 PM
onewasp

Default Radical RC

Radical RC and Dave Thacker has my vote.

He goes out of his way to make everything right. I FAXed him a question (not an order mind you) about "Could you do this----He called me to discuss it. Needless to say he got an order and he will get my next as well.

The batteries were absolutely right. I didn't wait long, but to get good products at good prices from someone who cares is very unusual today. I can't think of where else you can begin to do better. Radio South is another outfit which does it right.
Old 02-20-2003, 11:50 PM
GrnBrt

Default Radical RC

It can be really hard when you're a basic one man operation like he is and like I am. I also work out of a small room and always try and ship within 2 days of an order, always happen??? No, but I sure do try. I agree that places do hit you hard on shipping and make some profit, me, well I figure what the container costs and postage and that's what I charge, but do make about $.30, will get rich there for sure. I have had dealings with Dave and see him here at our Expo and he and his Wife are really good people, easy to talk and deal with.
Old 02-21-2003, 12:19 AM
Mike Bogh
My Feedback: (14)

Default Radical RC

Art works out of a small room allright..A padded room!!
Old 02-21-2003, 01:05 AM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Default Radical RC

Dave's a great guy... he makes good batteries!
Old 02-21-2003, 02:12 AM
krs

Default Radical RC

Gastronom, Dave (Radical RC) my be a little slow but, I have always had great service and products. Super nice guy.

Kevin
Old 02-21-2003, 02:51 AM
GrnBrt

Default Radical RC

Originally posted by Mike Bogh
Art works out of a small room allright..A padded room!!
Well with friends like you is it any wonder??????
Old 02-21-2003, 03:14 AM
AJF--2
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Radical RC

I too do business with. I find it best to catch him at Joe Nall and buy a years worth at a time. His show prices are unbeatable.
Old 02-22-2003, 12:30 AM
Geistware

Default Radical RC

I have met him in Georgia and Indiana in shows. He is probably at the show in Muncie this weekend (I think).

He is a great guy who will treat you right!
Old 02-25-2003, 07:47 PM
Gastronom-RCU
Banned

Default Well

I guess he finally made contact with me and has refunded my money. Maybe later, great support for this guy here though. thanx allot..
Old 04-14-2003, 01:44 AM
Seimberg
My Feedback: (8)

Default phone #

I put in an order with Dave and haven't heard anything from him for quite a while. I'm being patient, but I wanted to call and find out approximately when it would come, and if something is out of stock, I'd be willing to substitute, etc. I realize he was just at Toledo, and like Dave's business. I tried calling the phone # on the old website and it turned out to be some place called Shady Meadows or something. Wrong number. Anybody know his current # where I can contact him? Thanks. -Eric-
Old 04-14-2003, 03:21 PM
Seimberg
My Feedback: (8)

Default Radical RC

Nevermind, I tried the phone number on the old site again and it worked. I must have dialed the wrong number the first time. Thanks.
Old 04-14-2003, 06:55 PM
Backwing
My Feedback: (3)

Default Radical RC

I just got my first set of batteries from Dave today. He does state that orders are on a first-com-first-serve basis. Communication was good.

Just a question now. I thought I read that he cycles the batteries and then ships them with a full charge?
Can anyone confirm this?
Old 04-14-2003, 07:47 PM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Default Radical RC

Well... I can't confirm that but, when I got my 1650 4.8V NiHm pack it showed 4.8V.... i put it on my plane for a quick test and it died a few minutes later. I use my wall wart charger and gave it a 22.4 hour charge at 100mah. Then i ran it down to dead. And recharged it, he states to cycle the pack a good 3 times before using a quick charger to charge it...

go to the bottom of the page where it says charging nihm (www.radicalrc.com)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.