Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Zurich Sun Glasses

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 07:52 PM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Zurich Sun Glasses

I was pretty happy to see and read the review on Zurich Sun Glasses this evening. The reason is that I have a pair and bought a pair for my girlfriend, Julie. I bought my pair at the WRAM show three years ago and still have and use them. I bought Julie's for her when I was on vacation in Florida. She wanted a good pair of sun glasses and I immediately thought about my Zurich's.

My glasses go over my prescription glasses, where hers are regular sun glasses. But, we both feel the same about them. They are pretty much the best sun glasses I have ever owned.

I bought mine because of the glare from the sun at our field. In the spring and summer months, the morning sun is right smack in the middle of the flying area. So. we either have to wait to fly or have some eye protection that we can depend on to help with our flying.

For Julie, we were down in Florida and I called Zurich about the glasses. They were headed out to a show and did not have much time to talk to me. But, what they did was send me a pair of glasses on the promise that I would pay for them. I mailed them a check at the same time they sent me the glasses. But, not only did they send the glasses to me, but they sent them via overnight mail which they did not charge me for. I was impressed with that service and how nice the people at Zurich were about that. Julie loved the glasses, and still has them and depends on them.

So, in case any of you are looking for a great pair of sun glasses, well, the Zurich's are well worth the investment. They offer absolutely great eye protection and come in the wrap around versions to go over your regular glasses (not clip on.. they fit over them ) and they offer regular glasses. They also have several tints available.

DS.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:58 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Zurich Sun Glasses

CGretired,
I was the one that did that review of these sunglasses, [link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/article_display.cfm?article_id=855[/link] , and all I can say is that I am now a convert to them. I'll never be without a pair again in my life. I met Bruce Holden (the owner of Zurich) at the Toledo show this year and he is absolutely passionate about his product, he honestly believes that he has the best product on the market. After using them for a couple of flying days I would have to agree. I love em!!!!

Ken
Old 05-15-2007, 09:04 PM
Kaos1964
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Ken -

Might wanna edit "not a convert" to "now a convert" which is what I think u meant - threw me off there man!

B
Old 05-15-2007, 09:10 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

That's for catching that Kaos

Ken
Old 05-15-2007, 09:59 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Zurich is the best. I have had a set for years and will not go to the field without them. Good Luck, Dave
Old 05-15-2007, 11:16 PM
Zombie

I bought them to wear over my prescription glasses.

... but the temples are too short. If I straighten them enough to reach my ears, then there isn't enough left to bend down behind my ears. Consequently, they keep slipping off my face when I look down - like when I'm working on planes in the pits. So, I constantly have to push them back up on my nose - and often get fuel on the lens from my fingers. PIA. [:@]

I've sent Zurich several emails asking about longer temples but never have received a reply. Think I'll give them a call about it but I'm not too hopeful. If they had longer temples I figure they probably would have replied to my emails about it. I'll be selling mine off if I can't figure a solution.

Absolutely love the lens, but the temples make them useless to me.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:09 AM
BUDMAN27

Had my pair for some time now. Wouldn,t sell or trade them for nothing.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:48 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I want to point out that there are a lot of cheap knock-offs out there that LOOK like Zurichs, but they are not even CLOSE when it comes down to how good they WORK!
Old 07-06-2007, 03:24 PM
Waco
My Feedback: (265)

I have owned 3 pair and the only complaint I have is after a year of use the outside coating starts to peal off and it gets worse every month once it starts. I clean them just like they say and am careful how I treat them and still they peal.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:35 PM
Joe Nagy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Everyone:

Mega-dittos on all of the above. My wife Shirley and I have been wearing our Zurichs' for many years now, living in both Arizona and Florida, really can appreciate the excellence of these sunglasses, wouldn't eave home without them, best regards from the very hot 'Valley of the Sun',

Joe Nagy.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:55 PM
JPMacG
My Feedback: (2)

Is it possible to get Zurichs made to a prescription? I don't like to wear sunglasses on top of glasses.