Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Am I right or wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2003, 03:41 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I right or wrong?

Here are the pictures!

Smooth cut

Rudder with hinges cut.

Fuselage tail slot

Old 03-08-2003, 04:10 AM
My Feedback: (19)

That's pretty bad. It'll take some work to fix that properly. You ought to send those pictures to the Ebay staff if you haven't done so already. I would push for a refund.
Old 03-08-2003, 04:55 AM

Sorry for the raw deal dirtdummy. If you think about it , the plane that the seller cut the tail off of was your property as you had paid him in full prior to his shipping it. He should have asked you if you minded him chopping off the tail of YOUR plane, or if you'd rather receive it whole.
I've done my share of trading over ebay...mostly guitars.....and it's been my experience that about 20 percent of the purchases are as advertised. Mostly what gets sold are items that don't pass muster or can't pass a buyers scrutiny. The attitude I've adopted is not to spend more for an item than I would be willing to wad- up and throw in the trash.
As for the things you should have done or could have done: You really ought to be able to expect that the party you are dealing with is treating you honestly, without the buyer (you) having to guess what the seller might possibly do to cheat you.
Sorry for your troubles, I know it can really grate on your nerves, being jerked around that way. Ddubya
Old 03-08-2003, 05:03 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Dirt thx for the pic's, I sent you a PM
Old 03-08-2003, 05:13 AM

Dirtdummy,
If you think about it, the seller whacked the tail off of a plane which belonged to you as you had paid in full for the item. You would think he would have the courtesy to contact you and ask if you minde him chopping the plane into or would you rather have it whole.
I've bought my share of stuff over ebay..mostly guitars, some model items. Been my experience that about 20% fo the deals are as advertised. I've adopted a policy of not bidding more for an item than I would be willing to wad-up and throw in the trash. It seems to work best that way. The items offered are often items that won't pass buyer scrutiny, so they end-up on ebay, where the buyer only gets to inspect the merchandise after his money has been paid.
Sorry for your trouble, I know that getting ripped can really grate on ones nerves!
Old 03-08-2003, 11:02 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Default LOL

Originally posted by CAP232CM

It's just as much as dirtdummys fault as it is the guy he bought the plane from. It should have been discussed before he bid on the airplane.

That is hilarious...You actually believe that the seller using a smaller than needed box is the buyers fault? Perhaps I misunderstand...

If you buy a computer from me and I take it apart (motherboard, CPU, memory, video card neatly packed in separate baggies, of course...but I also take the video chips off of the card, since they won't fit otherwise...) before I put it in a box, since the box I have isn't the right one, that is your fault? I don't think so...

To the original poster: Please use the feedback system at Ebay. You can do so for up to 90 days following the close of the sale. I'd also look into small claims court....

Unless this is a troll....
Old 03-09-2003, 03:30 AM

Default Re: LOL

Originally posted by edge_fanatic

That is hilarious...You actually believe that the seller using a smaller than needed box is the buyers fault? Perhaps I misunderstand...

If you buy a computer from me and I take it apart (motherboard, CPU, memory, video card neatly packed in separate baggies, of course...but I also take the video chips off of the card, since they won't fit otherwise...) before I put it in a box, since the box I have isn't the right one, that is your fault? I don't think so...

To the original poster: Please use the feedback system at Ebay. You can do so for up to 90 days following the close of the sale. I'd also look into small claims court....

If you took the time to read the post and clicked on the link to the item, you would see that I gave him neg feedback. Small claims court is a little further than I want to go. After reading all the replies I decide to report him to ebay,In hopes that he might think before he does something like this again.

Old 03-09-2003, 05:19 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by CAP232CM

sideshow: Do you want to know what a ridiculous statement is? That is to say "Would it have been OK if the seller had chopped the fuse just behind the firewall?" This obviously has no bearing on the subject because we are not talking about the firewall, duh. Why the hell would he cut it there?
Why the hell would he cut the tail off? Both actions will make it fit into a smaller box. Like you said....duh.

You keep telling everyone to reread your posts, is it possible they are not very coherent, or is it that you are trying to defend an indefensible position? The seller was just plain wrong....and lazy for not getting the right size container.

Before I bid on an airplane on ebay, I will, as you suggest, ask whether or not the seller is going to take a hacksaw to a part of the airplane, be it firewall or tail, so that it will fit into the box that his kid's new saxophone came in....because that's something everyone should ask. You should not expect to get the item you bid on in one piece. The seller says "I'll ship it UPS"...you should definitely ask "How many pieces are you going to cut it into to make it fit into the box you have?" :tired:
Old 03-09-2003, 11:26 AM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dirt dummy- if you really want to get this guys brain fixed i would look into filing fraud charges on him. in my opinion showing/advertising a completed plane (or one that a reasonable person would expect to be complete) and than hacking it up like this would be an easy case to prove. guys like this should be prosecuted. of course it might cost more than the plane to do this. stuff like this is why these laws were passed.

it is totally unreasonable for you to be responsible for asking whether he was going to hack up the plane for shipping. hey- maybe if he stomped it some it would be even easier to ship eh?

ed
Old 03-09-2003, 03:05 PM

Dirtdummy,
Not laughing at your expense, but some of the logic expressed here has got to make you laugh. Like maybe just to cover your bases you should check with the guy to see if he intends to back over your plane with his car. Or maybe burn it so that it will ship in a mayonase jar! Boy, the possibilitys are endless. Guess you are suppose to check them ALL before bidding on the plane to absolve yourself of any responsibility.
Old 03-09-2003, 03:24 PM

Default Re: Re: LOL

Originally posted by dirt dummy

Dude, I was talking about the guy responding to you (cap232cm)....But you probably know that by reading my post.

As for the ebay feedback, cool...! Sorry for intruding. It seems like you feel it is well in hand.
Old 03-10-2003, 01:12 PM

Default Re: Re: Re: LOL

Dude, I was talking about the guy responding to you (cap232cm)....But you probably know that by reading my post.

As for the ebay feedback, cool...! Sorry for intruding. It seems like you feel it is well in hand.
Sorry dude I thought The troll statement was directed at me!

Old 03-10-2003, 01:26 PM

Here is a email I received from the seller today.

Ill send you 87.00 in the mail, i need your address. You will ship the plane
once you get the money?

Thanks to all you guy's. I think what he read here changed his mind! Should I cut it into 6 peices to save on shipping?
Old 03-10-2003, 08:46 PM
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't even joke about it. Hope it happens as he wrote! and you do get your money.
Old 03-10-2003, 09:33 PM

Ill send you 87.00 in the mail, i need your address. You will ship the plane
Make sure its mailed receipt required
Old 03-11-2003, 01:29 AM

Originally posted by Crashem

Make sure its mailed receipt required
Thanks thats a great idea!

4*60 I was just kidding about cutting it up. He will get it back the way I received it. In fact I even removed the cut ca hinges.
Old 03-13-2003, 01:29 AM
My Feedback: (8)

Default Re: LOL

I said nothing and I me NOTHING ABOUT THE SELLER USING A SMALLER BOX TO SHIP THE PLANE!!!!! You could say that you misunderstood but you obviously did not read my whole post and now your adding your own words that I DID NOT SAY!!!!! Get your facts STRAIGHT before you judge!!!

I said it was as much Dirtdummys fault as it was the sellers because he did not ask how the plane was to be shipped. They did not discuss anything about shipping methods. EBAY CLEARLY STATES TO EMAIL THE SELLER IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS BEFORE YOU BID. That is my point, dirtdummy did NOT DO THIS!!!

That is all I'm trying to say. Do you understand NOW???

Looks like he's got everything worked out now and I'm happy for him.
Old 03-13-2003, 02:02 AM

Default Not sure...

I'm not sure what my status as a mod has to do with it. I'm expressing an opinion as a user, just as you expressed yours....Too bad you also needed to do a bit of namecalling....

If I didn't correlate the info properly...oh well...I have been wrong, and this won't be the last time...

I still disagree with you. Ebay may say to email the seller if you have questions. My opinion is that it should be assumed that an item will arrive intact, unless the seller says it won't.

Simple as that...

--Sean