Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Dave Patrick Models

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2003, 08:39 AM
DeadSticker
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dave Patrick Models

OMG!!!! Alright, how many people have had a good experience with DP? How many have had bad? I myself have had a bad...It is kinda small but still!! I ordered a tailwheel assembly from them just because the chrome looks awesome and the tailwheel that came with my GP PW 1/4 scale Extra is crap! I ordered it on Feb 16th!! I know it doesn't take 3 weeks to process an order, especially for a tailwheel! I could have made my own my now! I am soooo irritated! They haven't answered the emails I have sent, try to call it busy. This is the last time I do ANYTHING with them. I am going to cancel my order and get a CF one if they would answer their phone or emails.

Ok...I'm done venting now
Old 03-07-2003, 10:10 PM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

I needed a tailwheel assembly for my small DP Ultimate ARF (didn't like the looks of the one supplied), and decided to try the DP small assembly.

I got out the CC, picked up the phone, spoke with Sandy who informed me that my order would ship on the next day *and* that I had just gotten the last small black tailwheel they had in-stock.

Five days later the tailwheel arrived. She also threw in one of the spring brackets that you bolt to the bottom of the rudder. Slick little piece.

This was a couple of months back.
Old 03-08-2003, 12:09 AM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

Dead',

Go ahead and order the CF one, then refuse the DP package. That will make THEM call YOU.

Mike
Old 03-08-2003, 02:14 AM
pa_28r_200
My Feedback: (3)

Not once, but TWICE I subjected myself to the poor customer service skills of these folks. I figured everybody was entitled to treating their PAYING customers like crizap when they had a bad week....but three months had passed.

Dave !! dude, you design great model aircraft BUT...get Sandy some Xanex and some counseling and hire somebody else to run your office....You won't be seeing any more capital from this guy..........

Bruce
Old 03-08-2003, 04:15 AM
DeadSticker

Originally posted by pa_28r_200
Dave !! dude, you design great model aircraft BUT...get Sandy some Xanex and some counseling and hire somebody else to run your office....You won't be seeing any more capital from this guy..........

Bruce
ROFLMAO HAHAHAHA!!! That is a good one.....
Old 03-08-2003, 08:35 PM
Matt-RCU

Ditto. I emailed DP several times trying to get some basic dimensions from the wing for his new Edge.......not a single reply. He must just sit at his computer and delete every email that does not make him $$$ dollars. Lousey way to do business.
Old 03-14-2003, 05:05 PM
DeadSticker

Well after 2 weeks of trying to get ahold of them, i finally did this morning. Guess what....the tailwheel was on back order. Would have been nice to know that. And email...call...or something. Anyway, I canceled my order and called Troy Built Models and ordered a carbon fiber tail wheel and it is gonna ship monday. So as far as I am concerned, DPM can eat a _______...you fill in the blank!
Old 03-14-2003, 09:22 PM
rcpilot-ajaxrc

I will vent with the others. I will admit, my first email inquiry about the utimate was answered. I'm in Toronto, Canada and didn't want to pay huge shipping and duty costs, so I ordered one through my LHS. Almost every month, the delivery was due in about 3 weeks. Well, 9 months later it arrived.

I ordered the upgraded tailwheel by phone and was told it was in stock and it would be shipped the next day. I asked for email confirmation if it couldn't ship because I was close to the test flight. Well, it took about 6 weeks to get. Emails weren't returned and when I called them on it. Reply was something to the effect that they went out of town and didn't get to it.

The plane flies great, but the service is below par. I sent an email to them explaining that if I ran my business like they run theirs, then I would be out of business. :thumbdown :thumbdown
Old 03-15-2003, 03:40 AM
CaMike

I will DEFINATELY stay away from DP...though I do like the Ultimate...If I decide to get one I'll go through a third party that has one ON HAND!!

Mike
Old 03-15-2003, 04:10 AM
DeadSticker

Hey Mike...Long time no talk!! How ya been...hey lets go flying next weekend!! Give me a call...Aaron
Old 03-15-2003, 04:23 AM
CaMike

Cool...We will be flying next weekend!! Later-
Mike