Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Trade a few older engines....?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Trade a few older engines....?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 05:24 AM
AlphaWhisky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trade a few older engines....?

Not quite sure where to post this - none of the engine forums or buy/sell seem to be relevant .....

I recent acquired several older and/or unusual model aircraft engines. These were some of a collection and while I don`t suggest many of them are rare or highly valuable, most of them are no longer in production. Most of them seem to be of British origin and there is a mix of both diesel and glow engines. Some are complete with boxes and paperwork - some unrun - others may have had a brief bench-run, but not many have been flown. These are from a bona fide deceased estate and I know the background to most of them. I am generally a model plane builder and flier rather than engine collector and would consider trading some of these for some current engines that I am more likely to use in the pursuit of this hobby.

How would I go about obtaining a clue as to the value of these as a trade? Is there an organisation or any individuals out there I could turn to?

I don`t wish to list these on Ebay or similar and try to screw the last cent out of them rather make contact with someone with a genuine interest and maybe come to some mutual arrangement.

In these days of dog-eat-dog am I being a little naive in this?

At this stage I don`t wish to publish a list, rather invite ideas, either here or via P/M.

Thankyou,

Alan W

Old 07-09-2007, 10:42 AM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Trade a few older engines....?

Probably get a good response if you post this in the "Vintage Airplanes" forum where all the old geezers hang out.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:54 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

There is MECA, model Engine Collectors Association http://www.modelengine.org/

and SAM Society of Antique Modelers http://www.antiquemodeler.org/

and VRCS, Vintage Radio Control Association http://www.vintagercsociety.org/

all might be interested.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:45 AM
AlphaWhisky

Thank`s for that info, Red, I`ll follow up with those.

Alan W