Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Made in China

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 06:48 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Made in China

Grampaw:

A most gracious post, sir.

I still have seveal K&B engines, all still running very well. But the new owners...

I have had a crankshaft, reverse rotation for the 4011 engine, on order for more than two years. They keep saying "Real soon, now..."

MECOA has themselves spread pretty thin with the lines they manufacture, and then there are the Fuji engines they import. a lot of plates to keep balanced.

And yes, it's all in fun. Or supposed to be.

Bill.
Old 03-28-2003, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Made in China

Hmmm....

So many mixed reviews. Now I'm a tad confused. Are my views biased against chinese engines. Could it be that I possibly had an engine from a 'monday morning' batch. Are Chinese engines as good as any other?

My gut feel is still that I am cautious of Chinese made products. When compared to the O.S. its in a different league. OS is ultra smooth, powerful and starts on half a flick. The Chinese engine needed an electric starter everytime. Smoothness is not in its vocabulary.

I will put the SC180 into a 28% CAP for now and monitor it very closely. I'm wondering if I should'nt replace the bearings with good stuff before its initial start.

Hmmmm...confused

Hedley
Old 03-28-2003, 04:10 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Made in China

Hedley:

My Red Chinese engines have all been Magnum, and I haven't had a bad one. Others in my club have Magnum, no body has anything bad to say about them, except the ones who don't have any.

There are also some ASP engines in the club, just yeaterday the club president told me he would like to get another, but of course he can't, now.

I have one of the new OS 46FX engines on my Magic, and except for the sign on the side it is identical with my new Magnum 46XLS engines for a new twin - all the parts will probably interchange.

And so far my Magnum engines have lasted every bit as well as the OS engines.

I really see no reason to pick the OS over the Magnum.

Unless you just want the name, pay the lower price for the "Same" engine.

Bill.