Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Got a Noise Complaint

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 12:10 AM
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Woody

I talked the the city secretary and she told me that if a noise complaint is made that it is up to the police officer to decide if it is to loud. Also I looked at a map and if house is on the other side of the tracks then he is outside the city limits. If you talk to Mike tell him to bring the Suk and fly it. I want to see it fly.
Old 03-28-2003, 02:38 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Default Got a Noise Complaint

My dad and I fly at schools fairly frequently because the field is far away and sometimes the grass is to wet and the parking lot works great. Last august, we were refueling my trainer that I was using to teach my dad. A cop walked up to us and said they got a complaint. Just at that time a dog started going nuts over in the neighborhood where the complaint came from. We explained that they might be somewhat irritating but certainly no worse than a dog. She said we can have fun and keep flying, but she did have to come out. She just laughed at the guy who made the call. This March, first time warm enough to fly. Flying my ultra stick around. Some jerk off wearing tight, short SHORT SHORT shorts came over, telling us how sure he was that flying over his house was illegal. I was interested that now he owned the air 100 feet over his house. I was at an idle when I flew over there anyways. I guess some people just can't relax.
Old 03-28-2003, 03:10 AM
My Feedback: (2)

SKATE, I wouldn't appreciate anyone flying over my house under any circumstances. This guy is right, you shouldn't be doing that.
Old 03-28-2003, 03:12 AM

If you were flying over his house, then he has every right to complain
Old 03-28-2003, 04:01 AM

That's what flying fields are for.
Old 03-28-2003, 10:11 AM
My Feedback: (1)

i believe the rules are 500 feet from buildings.
Talking of jerks, we where at an impromptu field on the coast, a large flat grassed space with dunes surrounding it. The dunes reflect the sound back in, sounds great for us, and makes it quiet for surrounding areas. I've been on the beach and heard the tiny noise of a trainer flying on this field, just 5 mins lazy walk behind me.
Anyways, we're flying and this guy and his two kids kicking a football start walking across the field, it is public access to the beach, we land so theres no problem. It was getting dusk so we started to pack up. as he walked past he got a few feet away then turned back. suddenly he started shouting at one of us about flying our noisy $*** over his ****ing house and if we do it again he'll ****ing kill us blah blah blah, walked off, came back again with same stuff, by now he looks like a Pitbull. From the accent it was clear he was a tourist. Weird thing is, theres a little shack just behind a rise which yes we flew over, but it was clear this guy had been on the beach all day so noise couldn't have been a problem, and this was the first time we flew there in weeks.
Its a shame a certain club member wasn't with us, he wouldn't have been shouting after the first volley:boxing:
Old 03-28-2003, 04:13 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Default Models, Real F-16's and Golf

My parents spend their summers in Wyoming. Next to the retirement park is a flying field, which many of the park resident’s use. As a matter of fact the developer of the park built the field so the park residents would have the field and so he can sell more property. Well the field is on the north side of the park and to the west is a 18 hole golf course and about 1 mile to the north east is another golf course. Well one day when I was visiting my parents a guy visiting his parents was talking to us and was complaining about the noise when he was playing golf. I didn’t say a thing but my father piped up and asked him where he played golf and come to find out it was at the course over a mile away. My father then told the guy that he must not have much of a golf game if the models bothered him that far off. My father then told him he needed to play at a course in Phoenix AZ which was located at the end of the main run way at Luke Airforce base. Last fall I played at that course and it felt like you could hold your golf club in the air and hit the F-16’s during their landing approach.