Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

RC Report Online!! For Real!!

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

RC Report Online!! For Real!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 01:18 PM
hpiguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Report Online!! For Real!!

ORIGINAL: RCadmin

After the fallout many of the RCR writers contacted us and are now writing for RC Universe. We will have upcoming reviews and articles in the very near future from these recent additions to our writing team here at RCUniverse.com

Marc
Is there a way to be added to an email list so that we can be notified when an ex-RCR writer has done a review or article here?
Old 01-16-2009, 01:28 PM
jkhorvath
My Feedback: (1)

I would be really looking forward to being able to continue reading a number of the existing columnists writings. Especially Gordon's and the Winch's; these were always my favorites. The ARF's reviews have been good honest reading as well.

I think that moving toward a downloadable PDF for the future of the publication for whom-ever wants to read the publication has great cost-cutting benefits. No mailing list to support, no postage, no printing costs, no printing issues (like paper and ink problems), maybe no subscriber list to support, and maybe even more advantages. I am all for moving toward a downloadble PDF. One could keep track of the number of downloads and feed that number to advertisers to raise money for salaries. Remember that a PDF version of the publication also offers its readers the ability to archive and search through the publication electronically. Heck, I may even print it every now and then.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:25 PM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Tony,
Im SOOO glad to hear that you are willing to pick up where the paper version left off.
Lets see,... huhm... I wouldnt change anything about the original format of RCR, Gordon had it down pat pretty darned good with all the talented editors doing their thing. I'd say just sorta pick it up online some kind of way when the paper version goes down.
And many many thanks to Gordon Banks and all of his staff, (editors,authors, office staff) for producing such a fine magazine all these years . Just think, if it were not for RCR, how many folks out there would have been taken down the wrong path, then gotten frustrated as they were starting out in this great hobby, then to have quit doing the things that are so much fun !!
And we cant forget to mention about Dick "Bad Shirt" Pettit. He needs to be commended for his wonderful reviews and making us get " The Big Picture." Now, lets think..., how can we all make fun of his shirts while he's doing an online article? LOL Keep on keeping on Dick!
Keep us all posted Tony, and thanks again!
John
Old 01-16-2009, 02:35 PM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Access to past reviews. Might be awhile but there is a wealth of info there.
Edwin
Old 01-16-2009, 04:16 PM
sparky925

I will add anyone who wants onto our email list and send updates as we get them..

Ill also continue to post here the information
Tony
Old 01-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: sparky925

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

Ii did notice that you were interested in keeping the electric columns in place. What about the Scale columns? I noticed that You did not mention the Watz or Winch column.

Bill, AMA 4720
I havent forgotten about scale columns.
I can only talk about folks that i have had contact with...
i hope that everyone (all columnists) will be willing to come to RCR Online, but i cant speak for them until i have contact!
Hell, son! You have been talking to one. Holy Smoke! Don't you know who has been writing columns for the Magazine?

Bill Hurt
AMA 4720
WACO Brother #1
Old 01-16-2009, 04:54 PM
Birman

One thing that might be nice to see would be videos of the product test report flights. That's one thing that couldn't be done with the hard copy.

Birman
Old 01-16-2009, 05:00 PM
sparky925

Sorry Bill....i didnt see the name....

I was refrring to responces to emails i have sent out...

OK...I assume that your in then??
T
Old 01-16-2009, 06:19 PM
SKYHI1

Please don't forget Ed Mooreman's column. I always read his column first. He knows his stuff very well!

Thank you
Frank
Old 01-16-2009, 06:48 PM
ISGUNN

Like a lot of the folks,the reviews and columns are essential.Being on line would be a great opportunity to include more photos in the reviews,articles and columns. I also would hope that Gordon would continue with his editorials,even if only bimonthly.If this works,I would certainly have no problem with the new site becoming a subscription site either.
Lets make it happen.
Ian Gunn
MAAC 25307
Old 01-16-2009, 07:09 PM
Stickbuilder

Tony,

Yep, I'm in, and Dick is even up for an occasional column. He's just not sure about keeping up with deadlines right now.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brother #1
Old 01-16-2009, 07:16 PM
sparky925

Thats Great to hear...

Keep me up on what Dick wants to do!

You can alternate months or whatever if you want too.

Tony
Old 01-16-2009, 08:06 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"[color=#0000FF]My question is what do you want to see on the RC Report website?[/color] "

Scale!! Scale plans reviews, scale kit reviews, scale product reviews. Scale building articles. 3-views, Walkarounds, etc.
Less ARF, sport plane and schoolyard stuff. There is enough of that stuff already out there.
Oh yeah, some scale would nice too.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:29 PM
Beagle RC Air

As a subscriber to RCR I am going to miss the paper version. Only magazine in this sport worth the time to read other than the AMA magazine. I would hope the clinics and tech issues would be high profile in the online version. The best reviews of products are what set this magazine so for out in front of the others. Hope this can continue!
Beagle
Old 01-16-2009, 08:37 PM
WMB

THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!

Ed Moorman is my favorite also. But I do read and enjoy the whole rag. I like the how to stuff and techie stuff. Don't care for the park flier arf stuff to much unless it is unique. Great cover on the 02/09 issue.

I do like the give it to us straight attitude.

One thing I would LOVE to see is new reviews of current kits that have been out awhile. Who cares if a review has already been done by someone. Ex: Sig King Kobra, Hog Bipe, electrified Hummer. Great Planes P51, Corsair, Tracer. How about a Bridi plane?
It doesn't have to be a new product to be fun to fly. When I brought my then new Kobra to the field, one our members commented that it was popular back in the day. Still fun to fly in this day.

Anything plan built is cool. How about an auto-gyro build and review.

Done rambling, thanks and good luck!
Old 01-16-2009, 08:41 PM
hpiguy

ORIGINAL: TLH101

Less ARF, sport plane and schoolyard stuff. There is enough of that stuff already out there.

Now now, if they just focus on one thing or neglect something, they'll lose out on customers.

Many of us enjoy ALL aspects of r/c. From RTFs, to ARFs to Kits and Super Scale and Large Scale. I for one enjoy it all and own things from all sides. I read all the RCR articles, even if I wasn't into that type of plane. You never know what you'dmiss or learn something you can use on another model.

Now on other mags, I skipped the articles on models I wasn't interested in because they were/are cookie cutter articles written in the same format for each plane and rarely actually teach you anything. But RCR was/is different.

Don't knock the ARFs and the RTFs, the sales of those high profit models keep companies afloat and lets them have the spare cash and time to produce more costly models like scaleor large scale that they make less money on and that very few sell of.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:56 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

RCR is just fine the way it is. Put it online and it will fly. Just keep a good mix of everything as it has been and most of us should be happy.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:58 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bigger Type so I don't ahve to get new glasses or sit so close to the screen. lol ENJOY !!! RED
Old 01-16-2009, 09:17 PM
Disarray

ORIGINAL: red head

Bigger Type so I don't ahve to get new glasses or sit so close to the screen. lol ENJOY !!! RED

Hold control and roll your mouse wheel, problem solved.

I too enjoy the truthful reviews of products. Also, pointers on how to solve different problems with planes. Always good to read something that can be stored away for a rainy day.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:20 PM
Stickbuilder

Tony,

Dick and I were talking tonight. I told him about what is happening, and he is interested. I would reccomend contacting him if I were you. You can get him at: [email protected]

We were talking about doing an alternating column, or maybe even a kind of Two Guys column where we work and play off each other.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brother #1
Old 01-16-2009, 09:33 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!-I will have to put my laptop in the private reading room with the porcelin chair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2009, 09:40 PM
Stickbuilder

ORIGINAL: PLANE JIM

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!-I will have to put my laptop in the private reading room with the porcelin chair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just remember to disable your webcam

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brother #1
Old 01-16-2009, 10:29 PM
sparky925

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

Tony,

Dick and I were talking tonight. I told him about what is happening, and he is interested. I would reccomend contacting him if I were you. You can get him at: [email protected]

We were talking about doing an alternating column, or maybe even a kind of Two Guys column where we work and play off each other.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brother #1
Thanks for the email address..
ill email him asap....

anyone have an aditional address for Ed moorman?
i only have the old Rcreport.ws email...

Tony
Old 01-16-2009, 11:09 PM
sparky925

Anyone who wants to subscribe to a newsletter/information email please email [email protected] and ill add you to the list.
Please use your perferred email address and we will be set.
I expect to produce a newsletter in the next 2 weeks or so.

i expect to include a columnist roster and perhaps a beta release site date!

Tony
Old 01-17-2009, 06:48 AM
thestik
My Feedback: (8)

I don't care anything about airplanes, just don't do away with the smileys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.