Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Sepulveda Basin

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 11:56 AM
Spaceclam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sepulveda Basin

i knew you were not trying to insult me. i just wanted to mention that it was not my intention at all to say that inexperianced flyers are not friendly or intelligent.
Old 07-01-2004, 06:06 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Spaceclam

what is the dawn patrol?
The morning crowd.
Old 07-01-2004, 06:14 PM
t_burley
My Feedback: (59)

ORIGINAL: BasinBum
It did a lot better than the other giant scale warbird with the 50cc 3W that augered in hard.

Dooh!! that musta been Vic's Spitfire!
I just talked to him an hour ago[X(]
Old 07-02-2004, 02:13 AM
OUHOZER
My Feedback: (11)

Daivd,
How big is that Fuel Tank in Your plane?
The I 10 is about 15 to 20 miles
from the Basin.
Old 07-02-2004, 07:59 AM
David Cutler

ORIGINAL: OUHOZER

Daivd,
How big is that Fuel Tank in Your plane?
The I 10 is about 15 to 20 miles
from the Basin.
. . and the Eastern end of the I-10 in Florida where Bill pits must be about 3000 miles away, so my fuel tank must be huge!

-David C.
Old 07-03-2004, 03:28 PM
Spaceclam

well, decent day today. lots of entertainment (crashes and boo-boos) but not too many people. not crowded for the basin but there were 4 people on my frequency, (me and three others) and that is pretty unheard of. i am on 22. the whole weekend gang was there. ari brought his big plane (i want to say pt-17 but it was a monoplane. same era though). some good times. i really did not want to try and wring out my yak because there were a couple guys that did not seem to have any sense of direction and i would not have any control in a spin or a hard maneuver so i pretty much just flew around and hung it on the prop once or twice and did some tumbles, knife edges and snap rolls, but that was about it. david got his new plane up and running too. step up from a trainer.
Old 07-04-2004, 01:57 AM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

Everyone,
Check out [link=http://forum.jasonairracing.com/index.php]Jason Air Racing[/link] Somes website that now has a forum. Go ahead and register and give Jason some crap or ask questions about the races or whatever floats your boat. The first 100 people to register get a free ride in the Pitts, moderator status and you get to share Jason's hotel room at Reno this year (sleep with one eye open).

BTW, Micheal mid aired the Kingcat yesterday (total loss) and I crashed my profile when the elevator flew off today (total loss).

Hey Mariani, Just cause you don't own a computer doesn't mean you can't read this forum on someone elses.
Old 07-04-2004, 09:02 AM
GoeKeli
My Feedback: (18)

Sleep in the same room as this guy?

Sorry about the model losses!*~(.
Happy 4th you guys!

Joe
Old 07-04-2004, 02:19 PM
David Cutler

Happy 4th you guys!
Why? What happened on the 4th?

-David C.
Old 07-04-2004, 02:38 PM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: David Cutler

Why? What happened on the 4th?

-David C.
the entebbe raid...how could you forget that!!

i remember (i was 3 or 4) being at an american bicentennial celebration in jerusalem when we were interrupted by a massive flyover of iaf jets. nobody knew what was going on until we turned the radio on....

dave
Old 07-04-2004, 02:49 PM
David Cutler

Also both John Adams and Thomas Jefferson (the 2nd and 3rd Presidents of the USA) died on 4th July 1826.

Also, in 1831, James Monroe (the 5th President) died on 4th July.

It makes you wonder to what extent the presidents celebrate the 4th!

-David C.
Old 07-04-2004, 02:54 PM
Spaceclam

?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us52518.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	150193  
Old 07-04-2004, 02:54 PM
ZAGNUT

and when the 4th comes around it always reminds me that i forgot my ex's birthday on the 1st

dave
Old 07-04-2004, 02:56 PM
ZAGNUT

clam, pics of yourself should go in the "who are you?" thread

dave
Old 07-04-2004, 03:00 PM
Spaceclam

!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75941.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	150195   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej13492.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	150196  
Attached Images  
Old 07-04-2004, 07:34 PM
David Cutler

Argh!

That last one with the word 'Accidentes' on it stares at you from the back of most of the buses round here!

-David C.
Old 07-05-2004, 12:15 AM
Spaceclam

i know it. i have always had thoughts run through my mind about drawing a nice, big bullet hole between his eyes on one of the busses or an arow going through his head but my common sense gets the better of me every time. remember, i am from los angales too. i want to see if i can get his face in the cockpit of my yak. immagine. i have seen buzz light-year, those little trolls, jack in the box and stuff and it is all great, but if i could just get a Juan j dominguez doll in my cockpit that would definatly rock. pretty original.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:57 PM
BasinBum

OK, enough nonsense you thread killers, back to our regularly schedualed programing....

How come there has been no mention of the fire at the Basin? Rex called me yesterday and said he heard through the grapevine about a fire with water dropping helis and the whole nine yards. Appearently they closed off access and turned on the flood warning lights and coned off the street so you could'nt get in. Wasn't anyone there to report what happened? Does Bob read this stuff cause you know he had to be there, so what up dude?

Now the only reason I know that the road was closed off is because I just spoke to Depfife-Eric (the RCU moderator) who is in town and just happened to pick that time to try and come by for a visit. I told him it was either A) Caused by a turbine crash although it was early in the morning for most of the turbine guys. B) Homeless people cooking some roadkill for lunch. or C) German Peter trying to clear the brush so he could find the warbird he lost out there last August.

Now the above is purely speculation on my part and if anyone has some actual information on what and how big I'm sure others would be interested to hear about it.

Speaking of Depfife, I plan on meeting up with him on Saturday at the field (barring any natural disasters of course). So, if you'd like to meet him or if he deleted one of your posts and you have a bone to pick with him, Saturday around lunch will be your chance.

Paul, if you read this in time I'd like to get two more cans of 20-20 on Saturday.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:19 AM
Spaceclam

i have some factual information about the fire. in fact it relates to several other basin fires as well.
a source of ignition (heat) had an effect on a nearby shrub, weed, model airplane, or a dead corpse (and/or his clothes), causing it to reach it's critical tempurature and subsequently, burst into flames greating a decent source of ignition for other things of the like. This, most likely continued on until the fire was large enough for smoke to be seen through the tangles mess of shredded balsa that usually bumbles about in the air overhanging the basin and the smoke cought somebodies attention, who in turn allerted the fire dept. In the time between the alerting of the fire department and the time they arrived at the enterance to the basin, the fire had progressed to a point where it was a threat to the basin, the surrounding area, the homeless guys cooking the roadkill, the roadkill itself and possibly a small insect or two and the firemen attempted to douse the fire with their fire gear. The fire overwhelmed them, and they called for assistance. in the time between calling for assistance and the arrival of the assistance (heli drops and what not) the fire had further progressed and most likely killed the homeless guys, (the roadkill was already dead) and several other bugs and small animals. meanwhile the smoke from the fire had alerted the innocent residents living nearby of the impending doom. if they did not take the clue from the smoke and people dying left and right, i am sure the rucus of the helicopters flying overhead accomplished that with a large degree of sucess.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:12 AM
BasinBum

Clam,
If you are just going to post nonsense while you're on summer vacation go back to the Extreme Flight Yak thread. Leave the Basin humor to the profesionals (me) and stick with what you know for fact. Trolls, goofy pictures and fantastical ramblings are not going to encourage others to post.

The Management
Old 07-08-2004, 01:17 AM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey Bum!

Don't you know how to spell "Mangle-ment?"

Haw.

Bill.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:22 AM
BasinBum

I can spell, I just can't type.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:01 AM
GoeKeli
My Feedback: (18)

Thanks for the info BB. I heard something at work yesterday about it. I hope all is well with our home. I'd like to meet Eric saturday too. What time you going out? I can't even describe the withdrawl I am going through. Sorry to hear about your sledge. Can it be fixed?

Joe
Old 07-08-2004, 09:39 AM
Spaceclam

i aint on summer break anymore. summer school. (no, i did not flunk any classes, the school requires it) so i dont actually have much free time. that was mostly factual though. (keyword mostly)
Old 07-08-2004, 12:00 PM
rare_bear

richard,

i won't be out theer on sat as i have to help some folks move - [:@]

i can look for you on friday perhaps and load you up then.
as before, the $ can come later.
i will be there on sunday morning tho.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.