Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Flight Log Software

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 06:08 AM
rcpollo
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flight Log Software

I've seen on the Internet a couple different freeware applications for keeping a flight log for planes. They seem to have the basic information, you set up a plane, engine, etc. and update with information on each flight. Has anyone had experience with any particular product good or bad?
Old 01-29-2009, 09:14 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Flight Log Software

[link]http://www.lammers.ca/FlightLog/[/link]

Take a look at this software. It's called Flight Log, and it's free. I've been using it myself for about 5 year now. It is a pretty powerful logging software. It not only logs you flights but it lets you do other tasks such as parts and tools inventory, battery charge logging, fuel usage, radio equipment logging, and many other features. Give it a look..

Ken
Old 01-29-2009, 01:08 PM
rcpollo

Thanks. I Googled RC Flight Software, and this product came up. Sounds pretty good. I'll give it a whirl.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:26 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So does the FAA permit use of modeling flight time for full scale ratings and upgrades? They don't count UAV flight time towards any full scale requirements and UAV companies do not count modeling flight hours towards their requirements. Modeling activities are not structured in a manner that really matters.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:10 PM
rcpollo

As a somewhat frequent passenger of full-scale commercial airlines, I am happy to know that the FAA does not consider modeling flight times towards a pilot's rating and hours
Old 01-29-2009, 08:24 PM
JPMacG
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have set up my own logging program using Microsoft Access. Acess gives me freedom to report my flights any way I choose... by aircraft, engine, flying field, weather conditions, or whatever. It's sort of handy. For example, I have moved my Saito 72 from model to model. I can print out a log listing every flight on that engine. Or I can print out a list of flights when there was a crosswind. Access it not hard to learn for simple things like this. I wouldn't try something too complicated myself.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:37 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

JPMacG,
The Flight Log software that I listed above is actually a MS Access based database. It will do the functions you listed as well as many others. I helped the author beta test the latest version of it, so I've got a lot of time with it. I have tried several different logging softwares before I found Flight Log and I really like this one.

Ken
Old 01-29-2009, 09:26 PM
JPMacG
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks RCKen. Sounds good. I'll check it out.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:28 PM
P-Y
My Feedback: (1)

Old 05-10-2010, 02:47 PM
HunkaJunk

I used Open Office Base for my flight log, I got tired of hauling my laptop out to the field now Don't even keep a flight log, I just record the setup in the radio, type of battery(s) in the plane and such.

http://www.openoffice.org/
Old 01-22-2016, 05:26 AM
lxfly

Well may be old stuff and this is not the only application, someone may find it useful others do not like it: Activity logging.

Nevertheless after keeping tracks for some years on Excel sheets, I consolidated all these in an new Access database that I want to share with the community.

What you may do:
- Inventory of models, batteries, other related stuff (transmitters, receivers), flight fields, events
- Track of flights, battery charges, todo tasks on models
- Keep the relation between model and flights, model and batteries, model and assets (used receiver, servos,...), model and todos(scheduled, due, done), battery and charges
- Add document and photo/video links to models and assets (manuals, other info)
- print reports

the database is made in the latest 2016 Edition, but should run on 2010. If you don' have Access, you may download a runtime version from Microsoft that enables you using the db.

You may find the links here