Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Need a new home

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 12:21 AM
jmayle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a new home

Hello,

I will soon be moving to Hinesville GA and I would like to know if there are and R/C clubs in the area? The only hobby stores I could find are in Savannah so I am not sure if they would be able to tell me about a club 40 miles away. If I have to, I will drive those 40 miles to go fly each weekend. My wife told me to find a club now so that when we get there, we can go look for a house.

Bob Mayle
Instructor
Combat pilot
IMAA member
Spad lover
builder and master rekitter
Old 06-20-2003, 10:25 AM
RCaeroguy
My Feedback: (4)

Default Need a new home

CHeck the AMA's site for the club locator. www.modelaircraft.org
Old 06-20-2003, 01:12 PM
RedWing

Default Need a new home

The problem with the AMA club locater is the address they give you is for the contact person at the club not the location of the club itself. The address may be 20 miles from the club and you have no way of knowing. So now you have to search the club name on the web hoping to find a club web site.
Why can' t the AMA site provide a better indication of where the club really is? I think the locater it basically useless. If I were to start searching a club in GA. I would have no idea which clubs were close to me. They need some type of map that would put locations on it that you click and get the information on the club. Now that would be useful. That would give a visual reference to where the club is located. It would not be that much work. Or at least give the major cross roads of the club not the address of the contact person. Then you could search Yahoo maps for the cross roads. This would also get you in the area.

Ok. Done ranting. (Frustrated web programmer)

So Bob, I hope someone helps you out on your search for a club.

Bill
Old 06-20-2003, 01:17 PM
bearmech
My Feedback: (1)

Default Need a new home

A lot of club info on the AMA site includes the address to the clubs web site. Then depending on the club, you may find a map at the clubs site. Or call the club contact and ask him.
Old 06-20-2003, 01:29 PM
RedWing

Default Need a new home

I guess I should have not assumed all the address info was the contact info. But every time I have searched for a club that I know of, the address info has been the contact info.

Bill
Old 06-20-2003, 02:02 PM
Borzak
My Feedback: (2)

Default Need a new home

Our local club in fact shows up with the contact person address and he actually lives closer to another flying site than the one affiliated with the club.

If no one responds here call the local hobby shop they can usually point you to the right contact person, which club more suits your style etc.... even which one is really closer to where your moving etc...