Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Flying in Abu Dhabi

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 04:31 AM
djay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flying in Abu Dhabi

Does anyone know of any model aircraft flying sites in Abu Dhabi?

I will be moving from Dubai to AD very soon, and as I fly every weekend in Dubai, would want to carry on flying and building new models.

Thanks

Darryl
Old 06-17-2009, 01:22 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Flying in Abu Dhabi

Maybe you can get permission to fly at the tennis court shown in slide 17,18,19,20 &21 of the vacation planner

vacationplanner.pps
Old 06-17-2009, 10:36 PM
djay

without looking, is it big enough for Jet turbines, large gasser planes and large scale planes, as that is what I fly?

Darryl
Old 06-18-2009, 12:17 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

You wouldn't have any trouble taking off. Landings could be a problem.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:54 AM
tommygun32

Hi djay,

I know there's a flying field in Al Ain, but am not aware of anything in Abu Dhabi. I'll ask around and see if I come up with anything.

Good luck.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:36 AM
djay

thanks Tommygun.

Looks like We will have to get one built then. A few words in the right ears are in order.

I know we have some people from AD fly at Nad al Sheba on Friday morning, I will ask them tomorow.

Darryl
Old 06-18-2009, 05:08 AM
tommygun32

Mates are telling me there is a field in a place called Mina in Abu Dhabi. Don't know if that's the Mina Port area or what. Best bet is to hit up a RC shop there and ask them. There is one on Mina Road that i know of. Mostly helis and cars but they also do some planes. Sure they'll know exact location for you.

Good luck
Old 06-26-2009, 12:47 AM
DGUY
My Feedback: (9)

Where is the flying field in Dubai?? I travel through there going home for R&R and I would like to check it out if I get stuck there waiting on flights I know where the hobby centre is on airport rd.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:01 AM
fadi

Hi, I lived in Dubai from 2004 till 2007 and used to go to Nad El Sheba every friday and saturday morning
Also I've been to Abu Dhabi to fly with some friends, and the club was effectively at the Mina port.

However, the runway in Dubai is much more professional, in Abu Dhabi you will be flying off sandliterally!
Also some times, the army blocked the runway for several weeks for some trainings they do nearby, so people drove all the way to Dubai to fly

I heard during the last months of my stay in Dubai, that both clubs were moving out; obviously I didn't follow up on the matter, but if you guys are still flying in Nad El Sheba next to the camels ranch, then this means nothing has changed yet.

The plan was to move out on the road to Al Ain, where there will be a professional club with memberships and regulations.
Some people used to fly on the unfinished extra large highways and internal roads that were being built in the New Dubai Area close to where the desert starts I am sure lots of things have changed since 2007.

Note though that we weren't allowed to fly tubine jets in neither clubs (DXB and AUH)

Cheers
Fadi
Old 06-26-2009, 05:36 AM
beepee

Fadi,

Where the desert starts? That's is at the beach, right?

Nad Al Sheba is still open (was the last time I was out). Nice field, nice flyers. The move out the Al Ain hi-way is still on, but some of the construction plans have been understandably delayed. I haven't been out there yet, but will eventually.

There is also a very nice field, complete RC facility, in Al Ain that would be more convenient from Abu Dhabi than going to Dubai.

I am all rigged up with a new plane in Dubai, just waiting on work interference and weather to cooperate.

Bedford
Old 06-26-2009, 06:43 AM
fadi

Haha yes at the beach that's true :P let me then specify, somewhere behind emirates road on the level of "Arabian Ranches"...
Old 06-29-2009, 03:18 AM
tommygun32

Yes, the Nad Al Sheba airport is still open and sees quite a few flyers there on the weekends. No jets though. Not since one crashed in or very close to the stables.

Here's a google earth of it. And the other one includes the Al Lasaili field, although Google Earth of that area hasn't been updated to include a picture of the field.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32866.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	1226717   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg15688.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	1226718  
Old 06-30-2009, 03:56 AM
beepee

Tommygun,

Thanks for posting the new Dubai site. It looks like you get there from th Al Ain hi-way, correct? Any directional clues?

Bedford
Old 06-30-2009, 04:32 AM
tommygun32

Just get on the Al Ain highway and head in-land (east). Driving at 120 or so from the Nad Al Sheba club you'll hit the new field in about 22 minutes or so.

When you pass the outlet mall.....keep going....when you pass the new Rugby 7's Club......keep going......then you start to see the fencing of the camel race track on your right. You'll pass a petrol station (Ennoc I think). Take the next exit (al lasaili). At the top of te eexit make a left and another left to go over the Al Ain Road. Across the bridge drive straight into the desert over the camel / cow grate. keep going straight and follow the road as it curves right. Take that to the end where you'll turn left into the gate. Keep going straight till you see the shading and there's the field.

GPS Co ordinates

N 24° 57' 4.88", E 55° 30' 34.65"

Good luck
Old 07-01-2009, 03:02 AM
beepee

Great. Thannks!

Maybe I will see you out at one of the two sometime.

Bedford
Old 07-01-2009, 06:52 AM
djay

Well it looks like I will be officially moving to Abu Dhabi, but not untill the end of the year.

I fly every Friday and Saturday morning at Nad Al Sheba, with the occasional visit to Al Lissali
My jet turbine model is broken at the moment and Nad Al Sheba is much closer to me so I fly there most of the time.

Friday mornings is a little crowded but not much flying going on, and Saturday mornings now summer is here, it is empty.

Most people turn up around 5 in the morning to escape the heat and are gone by 8.30.

Me being a mad Englishman, get there around 7 and leave around 10.30- 11.00.

Darryl
Old 08-22-2010, 05:37 AM
jrlingrel

I just got to Abu Dhabi in May, and it looks like I am going to have a lot of time on my hands (modeling time at least).  Anyone out there than can fill me in on regulations and requirements to fly here.  AMA?? Freq's, can you use the Spread Spectrum radios here.  I didn't bring anything with me, so there is a big order going to Tower in the near future, but want to make sure the radio is legal.  I only fly prop planes, no jets or helis.

Any help will be appreciated.

John
Old 08-22-2010, 06:51 AM
tommygun32

No AMA out here jrlingrel. And I recommend using Spectrum for its reliability.

Best bet is to find a LHS in Abu Dhabi and ask them where most everyone flies.

Good luck.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:59 AM
beepee

tommygun is right, no AMA or local equivalent. Spread Spectrum is a must. I like and use Tower, but over here, local purchase works very well and is not all that much more expensive. A lot let, if you are going to have to ship it on your own. Here in Dubai, we have a number of good LHSs. Especially if you are an ARFer. I am not, but that is what I fly here. Like you, I left everything behind, including my building tools. Flying here is fun and that is what ARFs are for.

I don't know Abu Dhabi, but I suspect there are some good fields there. Al Ain is not too far from you and they have a terrific field (though I have never been there).

You feel like coming over to Dubai, come join us!

Bedford
Old 11-28-2010, 02:08 PM
masss11

Guys,

I am a total newbie and i just moved to Abu Dhabi, can anybody guide me to any local shop or club?

Thanks much for your help
Old 12-02-2010, 07:34 PM
robinsonye
Banned

Good luck!
Old 12-03-2010, 03:04 AM
jlingrel

The only LHS I have found to date is above the Lambroghini dealer down near the bus stop in town. Still have not found a local flying site. If you need to talk, send me a PM and I will give you my phone number.

John
Old 12-03-2010, 03:23 AM
masss11

PM sent..
Old 12-07-2010, 06:38 AM
seedo

Hi guys i live in Abu Dhabi , I fly Electric RC Jets EDF and 1 time i tried flying my cute mirage 2000 in the mina area and it was a mistake
anyway can u help me by telling me where i can fly in Abu Dhabi?
Old 12-07-2010, 06:48 AM
masss11

Seems we are all looking for some place to meet..
lets organize something..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.