Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
 CHATTANOOGA OR KNOXVILLE, TENNESSEE HOBBY SHOPS????? >

CHATTANOOGA OR KNOXVILLE, TENNESSEE HOBBY SHOPS?????

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

CHATTANOOGA OR KNOXVILLE, TENNESSEE HOBBY SHOPS?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 12:29 PM
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CHATTANOOGA OR KNOXVILLE, TENNESSEE HOBBY SHOPS?????

I am looking for hobby shops in the chattanooga or knoxville, Tennessee area? I know if Hobby Town USA. They really are not much help to me, they never have what you want! Well I get my nitro there, thats about it. I was wondering where and if there are any good REAL hobby shops around these 2 areas???? If so please let me know!! I know I can order anything and everything off of the net but it is nice to be able to go grab stuff when you need it also!!! Thanks
Old 08-03-2009, 12:56 PM
My Feedback: (15)

Default RE: CHATTANOOGA OR KNOXVILLE, TENNESSEE HOBBY SHOPS?????

If a 2-2.5 hr drive is within reason for the occasional trip, let me know. I can point you toward an LHS up this way that's absolutely worth the effort.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:46 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll bite. Give me directions from Crossville, TN.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:33 AM

*heh*

PAC RC at 215 South Lowry in Smyrna, TN

They do cars, planes and heli's. They have a full service shop in the back where they can do assembly or repair.

Owners are Mike and Maureen Dunphy. They've been involved in this hobby for decades, having owned shops in MS and now TN. Mike and their son Scott have laid up fuselages and built wings for, and flown against or judged some of the best in the world. They do it right, and know their stuff.

Even better, it's got a real "local shop" thing going on. There's a pretty sizable gang that hangs out for an hour or so every day, shooting the breeze, having a soda, ratcheting up the BS on the sim, whatever. Definitely a healthy dose of 'you can't get THIS online" going on.

Finally, their commitment to treating their customers right is second to nobody I've ever met. Just as importantly, they're just genuinely good people. I'm proud to call the whole family friends.

They're open 10-6 Mon-Fri, 10-4 on Sat, closed on Sunday. (Mike's gotta fly SOMEtime *heh*)

If you're looking for something specific, I recommend calling them first (615-220-0655) and making sure the item's in stock. They're a decent sized shop, but can't, of course, carry everything...and some of the popular stuff flies off the shelves as fast as they can stock it.

On Wednesday afternoons, a big chunk of the "gang" from up there heads out to the club site in Murfreesboro for an evening of instructing, hangar flying, and a spirited session of "First liar doesn't stand a chance". If y'all come in around 2-ish or so on a Wed, bring a plane (or at least some better lies than the first guy) and come join us.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:27 AM
My Feedback: (20)

Man sounds like you guys got a good thing going!! I really wish I had something like that a little closer to home!! Thanks for the info!!!
Old 08-04-2009, 10:14 AM

Indeed we do...they're an awesome group of folks.

That's why I make a habit of shopping there, even when, at times, I mgiht be able to get something for a bit less online...it's worth the occasional few extra bucks to keep a place like that around, imo.