Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.
View Poll Results: A poll
100.00%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 09:27 PM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .

Old 07-30-2010, 10:55 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts
Default RE: .

Ha ha, you want cheesy, rerun Knight Rider too,, a talking car,, that can't ever,,,, o wait that did happen,,, never mind
Old 07-31-2010, 12:42 AM
alltumbs

You want strange , for Christmas my wife found the perfect gift for the guy who has everything. That's right Skippy ......... "The complete Flash Gordon collection". What was I thinking as a kid ???????
Old 07-31-2010, 08:41 AM
KW_Counter

In 1970 "Easy Rider" was the greatest flick ever.
In 2000 the only good thing about it was a very young Jack Nicholson.
Yes, we change.
Good Luck,
KW_Counter
Old 07-31-2010, 10:21 AM
outdoorhunting

Two words.!! OLD YELLER !!!!!! I watched it the other night & I still tear-up at the end .
Old 07-31-2010, 12:29 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

One afternoon a couple years back I was building with the TV news going in the background, the news apparently ended and I start hearing all this intense machine gun fire, shouting etc., I thought a gangster movie came on. I look up and it was a Batman cartoon,, I couldn't believe my eyes and ears, more violent that Scarface and the Dirty Harry series put together

Three stooges and little rascals served us fine as kids,, I watch my kids shows these days and it gives me a headache
Old 08-01-2010, 01:53 AM
tommygun32

Reliving my childhood "Airwolf" memories with this little piece of fun...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34573.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	1476298  
Old 08-01-2010, 01:54 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

If you want an eye opening (pun intended) experience some time, just turn away or close your eyes and LISTEN to some of your favorite programs. I promise you, there are some you will never watch again if you do. The incessant screaming in some of them is especially annoying to the point of being infuriating. And, sad to say, you don't even notice it if you're watching.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Airwolf, Knight Rider, Black Sheep Squadron, and A-Team all on in the same day...Life was good
Old 08-02-2010, 12:55 AM
tommygun32

Black Sheep Squadron, RAT Patrol, MASH and the original Twilight Zone....followed by Eddie's Father, Partridge Family, Little House on the Prairy, Sanford and Son and The Bradey Bunch....those were the days!!
Old 08-02-2010, 04:12 PM
50+AirYears

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Progression of TV and Movies: Then, Low tech filming and transmission, decent stories and sometimes mediocre acting, and now High tech recording and transmission,, mediocre stories, and often mediocre overacting. Then there's "Reality TV". A whole new genre of intellectual garbage. Most is garbage, just glorified game show, while a few, like "Ice Road Truckers" and "Deadliest Catch", that group, at least have some basis in fact. When somebody dies on those, they're not coming back as someone else on another show. No miracles bring them back to life. I've had the opportunity to do test driving under various load and speed conditions including on frozen lakes with real trucks. Some of IRT is real, some is hype. Sometimes something is kind of overstated to build suspense, while some real potential problems get shuffled off to the side.

I was already in my 40s when Airwolf was on air. Interesting sometimes, but really, a supersonic helicopter?