Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Idiots On The Flying Field

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Idiots On The Flying Field

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 03:07 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts
Default RE: Idiots On The Flying Field

Public land being leased to a club is one thing,, an open to the Public flying park is another
Old 09-15-2010, 03:26 PM
vicarh
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: scale only 4 me
Public land being leased to a club is one thing,, an open to the Public flying park is another
That is correct, my club is on leased public land and we have the right enact rules and to evict anyone not following them. There is another club, actually three clubs, that fly on a public park north of here. They depend on the park rangers to enforce the rules. My limited understanding of their situation is that the only rules with bite are the AMA safety rules. The individual clubs cannot establish individual or common rules.

Some people do not want rules because they do not want to follow them, that is why they fly on open public land... If someone joins a club, they should be responsible enough to follow their rules. Joining was voluntary, so if they do not like the rules or their enforcement, all they have to do is move on... find another club or buy some property and establish one without rules.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:03 PM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

I want a place where I can do as I please and everybody has to follow my rules.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:42 PM
hugger-4641
My Feedback: (6)

Better fly in your yard then. I do that myself sometimes. I can buzz the cars, terrorize the animals, and fly any pattern I want to.