RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   Screwed by HobbyKing (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/11185350-screwed-hobbyking.html)

Adam184 08-08-2012 04:57 AM

Screwed by HobbyKing

A WARNING

In early June I purchased '<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(26, 26, 26, 0.296875); -webkit-composition-fill-color: rgba(175, 192, 227, 0.230469); -webkit-composition-frame-color: rgba(77, 128, 180, 0.230469); -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; ">The Turnigy 1/16th Mini Rally Extreme' car.

This was for my sons birthday on July 4. This was to be his second car and he was after something a little faster than the 540 motored buggy he currently has.

Im not new to RC. The specs list and price looked good as I still don't want to spend big dollars on a car a 7yr old will probably smash at some point.

This was my first order from HobbyKing. The whole order was in stock in Sydney and still took a week to get to me. I have had orders from Hong Kong and the US come much faster.

Before my son even had a go of the car(I was setting steering trim) the steering servo failed. I understand that these things happen.

What happened when I contacted HobbyKing was nothing short of absurd.
At first they wanted me to send the whole car back to them at my expense. After I complained they said I could just send the servo back. Again at my expense($5.60). It had taken almost 2 weeks to get to this point. After more chasing they said they lost the item in the post (sent registered Post) then after they got it it took another week and 1/2 for them too examin the part. (that should take 10 seconds)

They now tell me it will take 'some time' before they even have the replacement.
So hey have screwed around for a month over a part they sell for $8.<br type="_moz" /></span>
I will never order anything from them again and you shouldn't either.
I hope you have better luck in the market place than me<br type="_moz" />

topspin 08-08-2012 08:41 AM

RE: Screwed by HobbyKing

Adam184, I am sorry to hear about your trouble with Hobby King. There are dozens of stories similar to yours posted on various RC sites every week and you would think people would wise up but they keep buying from these crooks till they get burned. Just be glad you didn't post your complaint on the Hobby King forum, the shills would immediately begin verbally abusing you until the moderator has enough at which point in the interest of fairness, he would ban you for complaining and delete the thread.

For what it's worth, LowpriceRC and Leaders Hobby are two very good Hong Kong RC stores that actually have customer service and prices every bit as good as Hobby King. Anyway I hope your son is not too disappointed and I hope you get the problem sorted out with those crooks soon. Any reputable seller would have replaced the car at their cost, asking you to pay is just dirty.

countilaw 08-08-2012 09:56 AM

Topspin, your are so right. There are literally thousands of these posts over the internet of people getting ripped off by Hobby King. The prices are so tempting people sucumb to them and usually spend more than the equipment or parts are worth. The headache that accompanies the act of getting at least some customer service is just not worth it.

And lord help the shafted customer when the shills attack. They are merciless in their bashing and proclaiming their thousands of dollars of purchases and hundreds of orders where they never, ever have a problem with customer service because they never have received a bad product and the shipping arrived three days before they even ordered it. OK, the arrival of three days before it was ordered is a joke, but they seem to receive their orders within days of of placing the order.

Adam, sorry for your inconvenience and I hoped your son had a happy birthday anyway.

Frank

Mpizpilot 08-08-2012 11:05 AM

I used to be one of the guys that had good luck with HK. Not so much anymore. I've ordered probably 40 servos from the over a year or so, I've had 8 go bad, either right out of the box or during setup. I almost burned up my TF mustang when a corona mini servo burned up when i put power to it, not even hooked up to a surface!

Never mind the rcg 50cc engine that had a sparkplug hole that wasn't even threaded! I won't even go into the runaround they gave me with their so called customer service. Lesson was learned for sure.

I've had much better luck with sdshobby, but their prices are definitely higher.

acerc 08-08-2012 01:47 PM

There is cheap and then there is toss your money away. Pitty so many people can't distinguish the difference. Especially when very little researh would provide the answer.

ira d 08-08-2012 03:32 PM

What is really sad is that many people feel that customers should notexpect better from HKbecause of their low prices.

topspin 08-08-2012 03:49 PM

ORIGINAL: ira d

What is really sad is that many people feel that customers should not expect better from HK because of their low prices.

Not only sad but stupid as well. There are half a dozen hooby distributors in Hong Kong that sell just as cheap as Hobby King and in most cases the same products exactly. They provide good customer service. The shill always say "oh Hobby King would not be so cheap if they had to provide customer service" to which I sat BS. The other guys do and even have a phone number that you can call. They don't hide who or where they are unlike Hobby King. The excuse that low prices is synonomous with poor service is just ignorant.

topspin 08-08-2012 04:16 PM

ORIGINAL: topspin

ORIGINAL: ira d

What is really sad is that many people feel that customers should not expect better from HK because of their low prices.

Not only sad but stupid as well. There are half a dozen hooby distributors in Hong Kong that sell just as cheap as Hobby King and in most cases the same products exactly. They provide good customer service. The shills always say ''oh Hobby King would not be so cheap if they had to provide customer service'' to which I say BS. The other guys do and even have a phone number that you can call. They don't hide who or where they are unlike Hobby King. The excuse that low prices is synonomous with poor service is just ignorant.

acerc 08-08-2012 04:48 PM

One should not expect better when it is not offered. Or even willing. Hobby King does not care. When sale's drop then maybe. But for now it's a 50/50 keeper or throw away. At their price's that's still a bargain.

flyinwalenda 08-08-2012 05:47 PM

That's HK's customer service MO along with a few other companies" .....keep stringing the customer along with promises and delivery dates that come and go and then ignore them and soon enough they will get fed up and go away. That's what they want when you have a problem is to just buy more "stuff" and if you complain they just want you to go away.

outdoorhunting 08-08-2012 05:50 PM

One SHOULD expect better !!!! People out there think they're immune to the rip offs apparently. Who was it said, " there's a sucker born every minute ??" Well the internet lets them get hooked up with Hobby King &amp; others. After ALL the warnings that we've seen on RCU &amp; all the other rc related blogs, I don't feel a bit sorry for them when they get ripped off !!!!!!!!! Proves a point ... YA CAN'T FIX STUPID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dirtybird 08-08-2012 07:25 PM

Their plastic covering is great. I think its better than monocoat and its 1/2 the price.

countilaw 08-08-2012 08:25 PM

ORIGINAL: dirtybird

Their plastic covering is great. I think its better than monocoat and its 1/2 the price.

what?? http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...n/confused.gif

Did I miss something? http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f.../msn/72_72.gif

the pope 08-08-2012 08:35 PM

Welcome to the world of R.C. Its not just H.K. whoes service sucks . I had a recent experience with world models and will never buy there 2nd rate crap again. I had the unfortunate luck to buy a 40 size superstunt . When put together one wing had a twist that chubby checker would be proud of . What to do , I know twist it in the other direction and hit it with the heat gun . Good idea until the whole wing section basically collapapsed . Spend 1/2 a day fixing it ( no glue , ribs not square and no shear webs wear there should have been ) spend 3hrs on the road $30 in petrol and 2x rolls of covering . Great ! Thought Id have a bit of a whinge to the Aus. importer and their respones , ignore every email . Bugger them go higher up and see if I can get another wing , What a joke the best they can do is give me a pathetic discount on a different plane . Me says why would I want another one of your p.o.s. ? Thanks for bugger all and I promise to spread the word about your lousy stuff and great customer service ( so hear I am ). Just wait a tick things dont get any better. Try to fly the thing , 2 flights nearly 2 crashes .1st flight aleirons no good , fly it home with the rudder . Check stuff out cant find nothing wrong . Go home change receiver and wiring and give it another shot . Same thing happens and it turns out alerions to bendy and anything over 1/2 throt they just bend back in the breeze , remove from wing and able to twist them 180* without even hearing a crack , good stuff . Spend more valuable time sandwhiching them with .8 ply . Ive had better luck withe seagull and Phoenix arfs whoes quality I cant fault ! If your toaster gives up the ghost you take it back and get your $ back but if your rc stuff is faultly bad luck bend over . At least with H.K there cheap and if you know what to order you can get some bargins . Would i buy a car from them ? Probably not , I dont know if they carry spares and if its for your youngster youll need em as will most others . Cheers the pope

Adam184 08-08-2012 11:54 PM

thanks for all the replies.

i made the mistake of researching the model and not the company.
i found mostly favorable reviews so as i mentioned in original post i wasnt to concerned about the little fella breaking it for the price.
I didnt expect something with quality and performance to match the big brands but i did expect them to back the product.

thanks topspin ill look at the sites you sugggested as i dont have the money to blow on high end cars particulary if my sons interest dosnt hold.

in the mean time ill spend a little bit of time starting similar threads across the net.
<br type="_moz" />

the pope 08-09-2012 12:36 AM

Thats the spirit spread the word and hopefully shame them into making a product thats fit for its intended use. If we all keep quite things wont change . Its not so much things going wrong as that can happen with anything its what happens next thats important . Rc and weddings charge 10x the price . Cheers the pope

pmerritt 08-09-2012 12:49 AM

Ya gotta love the aroma of a fresh bottle of CA! DOH.

[email protected] 08-09-2012 05:23 AM

never buy from hk

dirtybird 08-09-2012 05:31 AM

ORIGINAL: pmerritt

Ya gotta love the aroma of a fresh bottle of CA! DOH.

Have you tried it? Its good stuff.

dirtybird 08-09-2012 05:33 AM

ORIGINAL: countilaw

what? ? [img][/img]

Did I miss something? [img][/img]

You have missed something if you haven't tried it.

gade600sdi 08-09-2012 06:52 AM

I laugh when I read these posts all the time, and see guys at my field with stuff that doesnt work all the time from this supplier. As stated above, never buy from Hobby King, some guys just never learn.

bigstick60 08-09-2012 07:13 AM

on all these forums on certain bad r/c companies, if you like and had no problem with them you are labled a shill for the company, then why?? when someone complains about this company are they not labled a shill against the company. in my way of thinking your all shills!!!!! why am i suppose to accept only one side of the story, or one party. just because you!!!!! said so. what i am trying to say here is these post are imho worthless and a lot o BS. look around before you jump and ask questions, SEARCH the internet that is what it is here for. and the final decision is yours, there is no right or wrong here, do what you want and if it does not work out it is called life, live and learn.

JohnVH 08-09-2012 07:34 AM

1: They should have sent you a replacement servo
2: What do you expect from HK anyway, knowing how cheap the stuff is, it can fail
3: Ive been buying stuff from them for many years, and have spent alot of money there, and have only had a cheap gyro fail, so I bought another, its still going.
4: When you realized they were giving you the run around you should have taken the $8 your complaining about and went and bought another servo and been over it.

Its the chance you take, some people have sent stuff back and had awesome customer service, some have not, its hit or miss, luckily for me everything works great, and Im going to keep giving them money! I love hobby king!

topspin 08-09-2012 07:50 AM

ORIGINAL: bigstick60

on all these forums on certain bad r/c companies, if you like and had no problem with them you are labled a shill for the company, then why?? when someone complains about this company are they not labled a shill against the company. in my way of thinking your all shills!!!!! why am i suppose to accept only one side of the story, or one party. just because you!!!!! said so. what i am trying to say here is these post are imho worthless and a lot o BS. look around before you jump and ask questions, SEARCH the internet that is what it is here for. and the final decision is yours, there is no right or wrong here, do what you want and if it does not work out it is called life, live and learn.

Because they actually advertised to hire paid shills. So that's why everyone casts a suspicious eye on anyone who overtly praises them even when they clearly have done nothing to help a customer or took someones hard earned money and then ignore them when they have a problem.

As for anti company shills, there may be some out there but I'm betting the overwhelming majority of the complaints are just from people like me who got ripped off by them and want others to know that they might get ripped off as well. I have seen dozens of people post stories that they were satisfied customers with many orders until one day they got ripped off.

edh13 08-09-2012 07:57 AM

I apply my 3 “Harbor Freight Tool rules” when buying from HK:
1) Okay to buy consumables – Glue, sandpaper, rags, tape etc.
2) Okay to buy tools with no moving parts – Hammers, chisels, punch, scrapers etc.
3) Be prepared to throw it away without regret.

countilaw 08-09-2012 08:03 AM

So if all the posts that complain about bad treatment, bad product and other inconsistancies are all BS, Then what makes your claim anything other than BS. I've heard and seen more complaints than compliments of Hobby Krap.

There is no such thing as a shill against a company. A shill is a person that portrays that they are JUST a happy customer, when in fact they are compensated in some manner for promoting said company.

You posted, "look around before you jump and ask questions, SEARCH the internet that is what it is here for" Well, thanks to these posters, when people SEARCH the internet, they will get the information they need, before dealing with Hobby Krap.

So how do you get compensated by complaining against the company?

Face the facts proven over and over again - - - Hobby Krap is just that krap inferior products, inferior customer service and inferior shipping services.

I am just so thankful that they don't advertise here and run this site as it does the other RC site.

guver 08-09-2012 08:06 AM

ORIGINAL: edh13

2) Okay to buy tools with no moving parts – Hammers, chisels, punch, scrapers etc.
Pretty good. We know what we are getting when we buy. My last go-around with HK was just "ok" where they bagged and sent me wrong props. After some painfull dialog they made it right by giving me bonus points equal to the cost of the props. Almost fair inmop.

JohnVH 08-09-2012 08:12 AM

Maybe we have more luck in my part of the world, a few friends have harbor freight generators, they work great! I have bought a few saws (radial arm saw, sawsall, etc) from HF, all work great! I love that store too. Maybe its more user error coming to play here.

jquid 08-09-2012 08:40 AM

ORIGINAL: gade600sdi

I laugh when I read these posts all the time, and see guys at my field with stuff that doesnt work all the time from this supplier. As stated above, never buy from Hobby King, some guys just never learn.
I think part of the problem is their ads in trusted publications. If they are so bad why would XYZ magazine that has been around for so many years allow ads from a company that performs like this? I think that is why people are trusting of them, and others like them.

Just my .o2

Luchnia 08-09-2012 08:45 AM

ORIGINAL: JohnVH

Maybe we have more luck in my part of the world, a few friends have harbor freight generators, they work great! I have bought a few saws (radial arm saw, sawsall, etc) from HF, all work great! I love that store too. Maybe its more user error coming to play here.
Buyers have to be smart, educate themselves, and research the items they buy. I have bought some things from HK and so far, so good, however there are certain items I do NOT buy from them. To me it is wise to buy what you are willing to dump if it is crap. If you are looking for service, pay more somewhere else.

The math is simple and the Harbor Freight Tool rules are good guidelines. HF is another store full of junk crap, however if you only need certain things to use on a rare occasion it fits the bill perfectly and you aren't paying an arm and leg. If you need quality for day-to-day go somewhere else and buy something that will last.

We, as consumers, can get the shaft if the lot falls on us. I buy more from US companies and I have still gotten shafted a time or two. Most of the time all is good. I do find that quality from stuff shipped for foreign suppliers can be less than worthy. I deal with, but don't always like it. Go to Advance Auto and buy you a couple of light bulbs and look at where they are made...yep, China. [X(]

One thing to consider, the products are MUCH better than they used to 30-40 years ago!

bigstick60 08-09-2012 08:54 AM

So if all the posts that complain about bad treatment, bad product and other inconsistancies are all BS, Then what makes your claim anything other than BS. I've heard and seen more complaints than compliments of Hobby Krap.

There is no such thing as a shill against a company. A shill is a person that portrays that they are JUST a happy customer, when in fact they are compensated in some manner for promoting said company.

You posted, ''look around before you jump and ask questions, SEARCH the internet that is what it is here for'' Well, thanks to these posters, when people SEARCH the internet, they will get the information they need, before dealing with Hobby Krap.

Face the facts proven over and over again - - - Hobby Krap is just that krap inferior products, inferior customer service and inferior shipping services.

I am just so thankful that they don't advertise here and run this site as it does the other RC site.

so in your way of thinking if i post i like a product or company i am a shill, but if i complain, it is all fact and i have no vendetta of any sort, or maybe just a china hater? and how is it proven all is crap? how about abuse, or lack of knowledge it is only hear say. i have seen a lot of products that are supposed to be crap but turn out to be good in the right hands. there has not been and never will be a reputable survey on percentage of satisfied customers to disatisfied customers period. it is always easier to complain than compliment. again this is all hear say and no facts

topspin 08-09-2012 12:49 PM

You posted, ''look around before you jump and ask questions, SEARCH the internet that is what it is here for'' Well, thanks to these posters, when people SEARCH the internet, they will get the information they need, before dealing with Hobby Krap.

so in your way of thinking if i post i like a product or company i am a shill, but if i complain, it is all fact and i have no vendetta of any sort, or maybe just a china hater? and how is it proven all is crap? how about abuse, or lack of knowledge it is only hear say. i have seen a lot of products that are supposed to be crap but turn out to be good in the right hands. there has not been and never will be a reputable survey on percentage of satisfied customers to disatisfied customers period. it is always easier to complain than compliment. again this is all hear say and no facts

No one said that you are a shill, only you would know that and if you were you wouldn't tell anyone since it is illegal. Like I already explained, Hobby King advertised for paid shills to promote (spin that word any way you like) them on RC chat boards like this one. I have never seen another company do that, have you? So when 20 people say they stink and along comes someone telling all of the complainers they are nuts and need tin foil hats, etc. It just looks suspicious that's all. If you have had a good run with them then fine. I calmly await the time when they rip you off and you will be among the complainers. Till then, support them all you like but almost everyone who is serious about this hobby already knows to avoid them.

Tony Iannucelli 08-09-2012 01:41 PM

I've found the following products from Hobby King to be really nice, functional, inexpensive and top quality:
1. Blue sticky velcro (there is none better anywhere and at a giveaway price)
2. Any of their heat shrink tubing
3. 3.5mm connectors
4. JR type extensions
5. Turnigy motors (both the gold and the newer design)
6. Turnigy batteries (I use 40C in all sizes. Can't vouch for the lower C ratings)
7. Their gold colored connectors, the ones you solder yourself
8. Orange receivers and satellites (I have 18 of them, and they all work well in EDF jets and other electrics including an Evader, a Shoestring, and a Cosmic Wind among others)
9. Light sets ($7, full complement)
10. Their Stinger jet and their 70mm Sport jet, among others
11. All sizes of wheels, including aluminum hubs
12. Electric retracts (the $7-8 ones, work every time, no failures, H9 Spitfire, TF AT-6, Century A109 helicopter, and others)
13. Almost forgot Turnigy 30, 40, 55, and 60 size ESCs
14. There's a lot more, honest.

I fly at Manatee R/C in Florida. I'm not a shill, I'm a modeler who's "serious about the hobby". I have never received any money or products from Hobby King or any other hobby supplier. I have 85 orders and counting with Hobby King. I'd be happy to send you via email copies of some of the orders I've sent them. I'll also be happy to talk to you if you doubt what I'm saying. By the way, we have an electric club nearby with several members with MANY more orders than I have with Hobby King. We all fly the orange receivers. As far as I know, everyone is happy,
although I don't know all the guys and all their opinions. You should also know I buy a lot of stuff (a lot) from Tower, Hangar 9, and other suppliers. Seems to me most or all of what I get from them is from China, also good quality, fast shipping, and great service. And it does cost more. Just my two cents added to the discussion. No need to persecute me, I'm just reporting my experiences over the past several years. 40 years in the hobby, by the way, so again, I'm a "serious modeler".

keyman 08-09-2012 02:24 PM

Sorry you are having a problem, I did a google search and saw these threads and alot of youtube videos' maybe 1 of them will be helpfull and and help you get it going, I just ordered some Solar servo's from HP and they seem nice for the $, It looks like alot of fun if your into cars and seems pretty popular from all the youtube videos.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/f...TID=26997&PN=1
http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=146998
http://www.rcparts.eu/parts-and-tuni...rally-car.html

As far as shills, If there is undercover shills operating here that are not doing reviews and just promoting wouldn't they commend each others posts multiple times and rate their threads increasing their member score?, but it would be easy to spot, If you look at a RC god like Passport1 (Chip Hyde?) and he has a member score of 100 and he may be the goat of rc (greatest of all time) or Tonyf with a score or 103 and alot of other gods here who only have a member score of 100 and have been here a long time. I am not saying a member who has 100+ is not legit, I am just stating what I see as undercover promoting. (Spin that).

gliderpros 08-09-2012 03:13 PM

I to have many orders with HK, no problems what so ever. They carry a wide margin of products from cheap no names to name branded, at discount prices. And yes 95% of hobby merchandise comes from China, any American company that tries to make a high priced quality product won't succeed, because people aren't willing to pony up the extra cash, with a few exceptions of course.

countilaw 08-09-2012 09:32 PM

It's one thing to use HK products in your toy styrofoam airplane, or a car, but not in a $800 pattern or $2000. + scale plane. I don't think anyone would trust a orange receiver in one.

Sure there are some parts that will work and are cheap. But spending just $50 on something, and then not getting the what you ordered or getting it delivered damaged and then having to deal with the lack of customer service is a BIG problem.

Is it fair for HK to hold your whole order while they wait for a part that is on back order. (when it wasn't on back order when you placed the order)?

Is it fair for HK to hold your money while they wait for the back order to come in? (just try to cancel the order and get your money)

Is it right for HK to send defective product, and then give a nice little discount on the next order? (Mean while your're stuck with a defective part)

BUT HEY !!! THEIR STUFF IS CHEAP ! ! ! AND WITH A DEAD ON ARRIVAL RATE OF 1 OUT OF 3 WHAT A BARGAIN ! ! ! http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...spinnyeyes.gif

the pope 08-10-2012 12:09 AM

It's one thing to use HK products in your toy styrofoam airplane, or a car, but not in a $800 pattern or $2000. + scale plane. I don't think anyone would trust a orange receiver in one.

Sure there are some parts that will work and are cheap. But spending just $50 on something, and then not getting the what you ordered or getting it delivered damaged and then having to deal with the lack of customer service is a BIG problem.

Is it fair for HK to hold your whole order while they wait for a part that is on back order. (when it wasn't on back order when you placed the order)?

Is it fair for HK to hold your money while they wait for the back order to come in? (just try to cancel the order and get your money)

Is it right for HK to send defective product, and then give a nice little discount on the next order? (Mean while your're stuck with a defective part)

BUT HEY !!! THEIR STUFF IS CHEAP ! ! ! AND WITH A DEAD ON ARRIVAL RATE OF 1 OUT OF 3 WHAT A BARGAIN ! ! ! [img][/img]

I must be in the minority because all my orders were here in Aus most times in about a week ( not bad me thinks ) . And all of my stuff is of reasonable quality . If its not alright for them to give a nice little discount on the next order while your stuck with a defective part what does that say about a company leader ( L.O.L. ) like world models ? Dont order stuff on backorder I dont and the only time I needed service it was handled well in a day or two . If you know how to play the game its a lot easier . They must sell a humungus amount of gear so theres going to be more issues. I two wouldnt put a orange receiver in a high dollar plane but I would sure use their glue etc init . Look how cheap their asp glow engines are . From the unpaid shrill the pope.

Psully 08-10-2012 03:31 AM

3) Be prepared to throw it away without regret. <span class="info"> </span>
Exactly!

dirtybird 08-10-2012 03:49 AM

HK sells a brand of engines called RCG. It seems that it is made by a factory named RCGF. Now they sell their own engine called RCGF and have a couple of distributors in the US.
The RCG engine sells for quite a bit less than the RCGF. Apparently the RCG is made from RCGF rejected parts and have no serial number.
I bought an RCGF that seized on its first run. I contacted the factory and they demanded I produce the serial no before they would talk to me. When I produced the number they supplied a replacement engine thru their US distributor.
You could buy an RCG from HK and have trouble with it, you could get replacement parts from the RCGF distributor. Of course you would have to buy them.

Tony Iannucelli 08-10-2012 04:32 AM

When I order from Hobby King I know immediately if an item is out of stock. I don't order it unless they have it. I order only what's in stock. They reserve it for you, but you need to put the order in. You can't wait several days. Their goods sell fast, especially the good stuff.

They weigh my order and tell me the weight so I will know shipping costs. It's not flat rate. The shipping gram weight is given for every item they sell, which includes whatever complexity is required to get it to you... like bigger boxes, for example. I have taken to ordering a few items at a time to keep shipping to either $2.99 or $6.99, the two break points of the gram weight for my zip code. You can get a lot of small items for those prices, very fair costs if you ask me, to get stuff from the other side of the world.

If you have ordered from them, they keep a record for you of all your orders, when, how much, with totals. Great accounting.

I don't use the orange receivers in my expensive planes either. I would never use them in a gasser or carbon framed plane. Just common sense. They do work well however for their applications, which include most electrics, EDFs, etc. More sophisticated radio equipment should be used with more sophisticated airframes, servos, and engines. No need to imply the orange receivers don't work however, they definitely do, and work well. I had one with satellite at over 1,000 feet (tower permission) in a StrykerQ. Eagle Tree altimeter, purchased at Hobby King by the way.

If you don't like to buy off-shore, BECAUSE it's off-shore, I understand. We all know the money for the goods ends up back in China or somewhere in the far east or Germany, regardless of which supplier you buy from. Personally, I'd love to get this stuff locally or somewhere in the USA at equivalent prices and selection. I just haven't found that place yet.