RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   RC Report Website? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/8264136-rc-report-website.html)

Scar 12-20-2008 09:53 AM

RC Report Website?

My saved link, and the Google links that my search brought up, do not take me to RC Report Magazine's website. Anybody have a link?

Thanks,
Dave Olson

MinnFlyer 12-20-2008 10:02 AM

RE: RC Report Website?

Maybe the site is just down.

BarracudaHockey 12-20-2008 10:04 AM

It's http://www.rcreport.ws

It looks like its down.

RCKen 12-20-2008 10:04 AM

hmmmm, interesting.

Ken

RCKen 12-20-2008 10:12 AM

I just looked at it and it is indeed down. The server is there, but the website isn't responding on that server. Hopefully it's just temporary and they'll get it worked out and back up soon.

Ken

Chris Moon 12-20-2008 11:25 AM

This was posted on an email list from one of the writers for RC Report.

"I just got word from RC REPORT Owner and editor Gordon Banks that the March 2009 issue of RC REPORT will be its final issue. Due to the huge amount of advertiser cut-backs, they just couldn’t continue.
I have enjoyed writing for them, and I am sure that many of you will hate to hear about their demise. RC MODELER, and now RC REPORT"

mogman 12-20-2008 11:28 AM

I just started a subscription to RC Report. Funny, nothing was said about shutting down..I think an e-mail is in order.

Kmot 12-20-2008 11:33 AM

If true, this is a major bummer! [:o][:o][:o]

Red Scholefield 12-20-2008 12:14 PM

Maybe Gordon can work out a deal with RCU to publish it on line. Otherwise it leave a very big hole in the modeling community.

Stickbuilder 12-20-2008 12:17 PM

ORIGINAL: ual767

This was posted on an email list from one of the writers for RC Report.

"I just got word from RC REPORT Owner and editor Gordon Banks that the March 2009 issue of RC REPORT will be its final issue. Due to the huge amount of advertiser cut-backs, they just couldn’t continue.
I have enjoyed writing for them, and I am sure that many of you will hate to hear about their demise. RC MODELER, and now RC REPORT"

How about a link to that e-mail
Bill, AMA 4720

Red Scholefield 12-20-2008 12:30 PM

It was posted on [email protected] post # 5993

To subscribe send e-mail to [email protected]

dirtybird 12-21-2008 12:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Red Scholefield

Maybe Gordon can work out a deal with RCU to publish it on line. Otherwise it leave a very big hole in the modeling community.
Why do they need RCU? Why don't they just do it themselves?

carrellh 12-21-2008 02:43 PM

ORIGINAL: dirtybird
Why do they need RCU? Why don't they just do it themselves?
This sentence should explain why they do not just do it themselves.

Due to the huge amount of advertiser cut-backs, they just couldn’t continue.
Whether printed, or online, it costs money to produce a magazine.

BillyGoat 12-21-2008 07:03 PM

Is their a name attached to this post? I’d like to get official word from somebody like Dick Pettit before I start crying.

Maybe Gordon can get a federal bailout?

flatspinjim 12-21-2008 07:22 PM

Wow, that would be devastating. It's my fav mag for sure!

Red Scholefield 12-21-2008 07:39 PM

ORIGINAL: BillyGoat

Is their a name attached to this post? I’d like to get official word from somebody like Dick Pettit before I start crying.

Maybe Gordon can get a federal bailout?
It came from the AMA District V VP, Tony Stillman who has a column in the magazine. I have seen communication from Gordon since then that confirms it.

mogman 12-21-2008 08:19 PM

I e-mailed Gordon and he confirmed March 2009 is the last issue.

Nathan_L 12-21-2008 11:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Red Scholefield

Not likely. Half the stuff that's printed in RC Report would get a user banned/edited/censored on RCU for telling it like it is. Rc Report is like the anti-RCU.

Most of the other mags are just advertising catalogs. Nothing more. I guess companies feel they get their moneys worth out of them.....

Kmot 12-21-2008 11:30 PM

This really sucks! [:@]

pettit 12-22-2008 08:52 AM

OK, y'all can start crying now

It's official. It wasn't supposed to be made public for a while but Gordon passed the word to one of the advertisers who promptly set out to tell everyone she could think of.

Personally, I already had conversations with several other media representatives, including RCU, and I'm open to any suggestions.

There are a few that i WILL NOT write for, but RCU is not one of them.

You know who I'm talking about.

Thanks for all th enice comments over the years and if I can find another place to do some writing, you'll be seeing even more ugly shirts!

Merry Christmas, y'all.

P-51B 12-22-2008 09:21 AM

This is not good news. [:'(]

Sad to see the magazine go. I had multiple years left on my subscription, I don't know how to fill the upcoming void.[:o]

Scar 12-22-2008 10:28 AM

Dick Pettit,

Thanks for commenting. I'll read your columns wherever they are (but about those shirts... seriously... )

I will miss Gordon's column and reviews.

Dave Olson

RCPAUL 12-22-2008 10:33 AM

I too regret the future passing of RC Report. I had hoped that Gordon could keep it going. Was a price increase, for some reason, not a solution?

Paul

Craig Seay 12-22-2008 10:39 AM

What a shame! I'd personally be willing to up the subscription payments. I'll surely miss Gordo's editorials.

sad day for sure

Kmot 12-22-2008 01:58 PM

I'd gladly pay more for a subscription to RCR. Heck, I would pay retail, $60 a year it is that good of a magazine!