RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/)
-   -   What is my responsibility? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/8685974-what-my-responsibility.html)

flyathome 04-15-2009 11:39 PM

What is my responsibility?

I recently sold an engine here on RCU. I am the origianl owner. I represented the engine honestly
and sold it in good faith. Now, I find the same engine listed again on RCU. The seller is mis-representing
the engine. The engine is a good engine and a buyer would not get hurt, but what he is saying about the
engine just isn't true! What, if any, responsibility do I have here? I would be very interested in your
thoughts.

Thanks

ira d 04-15-2009 11:48 PM

RE: What is my responsibility?

Well you could contact the seller and see if they would be willing to change their add other than that you could contact RCU but that might open up a can
of worms. As far as your responsiblty that hard to say with out knowing specifics

Crash Campbell 04-16-2009 12:38 AM

Hi flyathome,

Arr ethics 101?;).

I don't believe you have any legal responsibility. I think in your position I would follow the first point raised by ira d and contact the seller and state that you are not happy with his description of the engine. You never know he may have ported the crankshaft and balanced the needle valve???

Cheers,

Colin

MinnFlyer 04-16-2009 05:34 AM

At the bottom of the ad (just above the "Make an Offer" area) is a place you can make a post. Why not post what your objections are?

KW_Counter 04-16-2009 09:44 AM

How can you be so sure it is the engine you sold and not another one he got somewhere else?
I understand and applaud your concern.
However, relying on pictures may be putting you on a slippery slope.
Be very careful how you word your comments.
Something to the effect of "If this is the same engine I sold to someone then the properties are ......"
Your ethics are to be commended.
Good Luck,
KW_Counter

flyathome 04-16-2009 12:07 PM

I am fairly certain it is the same engine because he is using the same picture I posted in my ad and also about
half of the wording is exactly what I wrote.

DadsToysBG 04-16-2009 01:21 PM

I would use the PM. Don't flame a add in public. The real question is "are you your brothers keeper". Dennis

trioval00 04-18-2009 08:00 AM

There is very little you can do, you sold the engine, and he is now the owner. He can do what ever he likes with it, it is NOT yours anymore..... it is a shame that there are some people who are not honest when selling items, but if the item is not owned by you you have no control......

that just how I see it....

Mark

Gravityisnotmyfriend 04-20-2009 09:36 AM

I'd actually like to hear the fully story here. You've only sold two items in the MarketPlace, Flyathome. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out what item you are talking about.

So, was there more time on the engine than he stated? Maybe he was honestly mistaken and didn't purposefully misrepresent the engine? Or, maybe he did purposefully misrepresent it, in which case I'd rather not deal with him - ever.

I think your responsibility is to confront him and get the truth about the whole situation. He's already sold the engine, so the point is moot. But, I would like to hear his side of the story before making my judgement.