Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Vintage Engine Help?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 09:00 PM
boogie1
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vintage Engine Help?

Hello, Just inherited several old control line motors. I can't seem to find information on several of the engines. I was hoping by my discriptions someone could help me. The first engine has the name HOPE 19 . The second one just says atom on the motor. The third one says spirtzy with the number 6 on it. The fourth one says nothing on it but has a indian with a head dress on it. Looks to be about 30 to 40 size. I also have a vivell 35. Anyway, the engine with the indian really interest me because there is no name. thanks craig
Old 11-09-2012, 01:32 AM
controlliner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Vintage Engine Help?

The one with the Indian head on it is an OK Cub "Mohawk .29" OK also made a .35.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:26 AM
greggles47

Sounds like a good group of motors, what condition are they in?

Do you plan to run them?

Greg
Old 11-09-2012, 02:27 AM
qazimoto
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: boogie1

Hello, Just inherited several old control line motors. I can't seem to find information on several of the engines. I was hoping by my discriptions someone could help me. The first engine has the name HOPE 19 . The second one just says atom on the motor. The third one says spirtzy with the number 6 on it. The fourth one says nothing on it but has a indian with a head dress on it. Looks to be about 30 to 40 size. I also have a vivell 35. Anyway, the engine with the indian really interest me because there is no name. thanks craig
What you want is the "engine finder" pages on the Model Engine News website.

See: http://www.modelenginenews.org/ad/hope_p4.html

for the Hope 19 engines.

Ray
Old 11-09-2012, 08:04 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Does your "Spirtzy" engine look like these two? They are Anderson Spitzy .045's. The one with the spinner was My first model engine that I purchased in the early fifties.

Hmm the Hope engine I certainly never heard of but it is a Lovely engine in the link posted by qazimoto.

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11134.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	226.5 KB
ID:	1818829   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw70895.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	224.5 KB
ID:	1818830  
Old 11-09-2012, 08:32 AM
paw080

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: boogie1

Hello Craig, I just googled each of those engine names and got plenty of info

including photos. Next time, try Google; it can be berry berry good to you!

Tony
Old 11-09-2012, 12:56 PM
boogie1
My Feedback: (31)

Thanks Guys, The engines are all in good shape with nothing missing. Ive flown RC for years. I had several cox and testors control line planes when i was younger. Now i see them selling for crazy prices on ebay. Anyway, If i will try to post some pics later of the engines.Craig
Old 11-09-2012, 02:05 PM
downunder

And possibly this for the Atom.
http://modelenginenews.org/cardfile/atom.html
http://www.rojobcn.com/technic/avion...SCO3732mod.jpg
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...m#post22259206 (a really nice one ).
Old 12-20-2012, 10:05 AM
Dan Vincent

Those Spitzy's were nice little engines.

John Brodbeck, president of K&B engines once told me that K&B made some of the Spitzy engines for Mel Anderson.

He said there was a fire in the Spitfire factory and Mel brought him the moulds and parts needed to make them. John said K&B had a much simpler backplate than the original machined type Mel used and he thought they made the tank a little longer.

John also said it puzzled him when he saw different numbers on the front of each tank/engine casting and asked Mel why?

Mel said it was to confuse the competition so they couldn't tell how many batches of engines he had made.