Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

License to fly ?

Old 09-26-2003, 05:58 PM
brazil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default License to fly ?

I'm planning to buy a helicopter or a plane and so I would like to know if do I need some license to fly a helicopter or a plane ?
Old 09-26-2003, 06:14 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: License to fly ?

Brasil:

A government issued license is not required to fly toy planes or helicopters. Toy being defined as the models we fly for recreation.

An AMA "License" is required to fly in almost all contests, and also required to fly at most club fields. This AMA membership is required by the operating organizations.

If you have a "Homeowner's" insurance policy and do not fly at AMA fields, you are probably safe. Safe from financial damage to your person and estate from liabilities if a plane gets away from you and damages some person or property. The AMA membership includes liability insurance, within limits, in addition to your homeowner's insurance. If you do not have homeowner's insurance, or it will not cover your modelling activity you should either add this to your existing insurance, or join the AMA. Preferably both.

Bill.