Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Profile Trainer plans??

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Profile Trainer plans??

Does anyone have any full size plans for the old profile trainer kits? I really enjoyed flying these old bricks years ago but haven't seen any for sale, so thought I might whip up soem copies.

Can't remember whether the original plans were full size or not, but I could scan them into autocad and upscale them to the right size and then plot full size for any of the wing spans.

Probably the hardest part would be creating the knives for my shaper to mold the wings but should not be that bad, especially if I could print the profile full size.

[email protected]
Old 11-13-2003, 10:47 PM
Jim Thomerson

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Profile Trainer plans??

I have Gullow's # 2 and # 3 Trainers. I could take dimensions and email you pictures. They are pretty simple, as you said.

Jim
Old 09-18-2007, 10:27 PM
David Ingham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Profile Trainer plans??

I have a Xerox of Though Guy, from probably Aeromodeller, at least 20 years ago. I can scan and post it if you like. It has a soft balsa chin instead of wheels, and very heavy construction with spruce reinforcing the thick slabs of balsa. It says that two of them taught (I think) six kids to fly CL, with the only serious damage when one got caught under the trunk lid of a car. I might make one if I meat a kid (or adult) careless enough to destroy my two slab wing profile 1/2A kit trainers.
Generally, the smaller and lighter the more crashes they can stand, but in CL, especially if you use thread instead of wire which seem necessary with kids around, too light makes the lines go slack in a soft breeze, unless you hug the ground.