Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Control Lines
 Looking for Profile Shoestring plans >

Looking for Profile Shoestring plans

Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Looking for Profile Shoestring plans

Old 09-11-2007, 03:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Profile Shoestring plans

I have two Shoestring models in my hanger. One was built by my father in the '50s, the other built by my brother and I. A friend at work and I were talking today about profile planes and he saw the picture I have of one of my "Shoes". He asked me if I had plans for the plane. He said he might like to built one larger for R/C. Does anyone have a copy of the plans for the Shoestring with the built up wing and profile fuselage? Or does anyone know where I can download a set on a PDF maybe? Hope you can help. Thanks
Old 09-11-2007, 02:44 PM
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Looking for Profile Shoestring plans

You can buy a set from Brodak Mfg. It is probably not listed on their web site but a phone call will get you a set.
Dennis
Old 09-12-2007, 03:43 AM

Thanks Dennis, I'll give it a shot. Ever try to convert a control line plane to R/C? I'm thinking about doing that with a Oriental or an Aries. Any thoughts?
Old 09-12-2007, 07:29 PM

I'd like to see someone try a converted Bosta in R/C combat. The Bosta was the rocking'est fast combat rig I ever flew.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:04 AM

Called Brodak, no go on the shoestring plans. They don't have the rights to build kits of the shoestring. Ideas???
Old 09-14-2007, 08:47 AM
gcb

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

John Pond used to sell a Carl Goldberg Shoestring Stunter plan (#81C2). AMA took over his plans and have it listed as plan #31142 for $30. At that price, perhaps they had to pay for the rights to sell the plan.

George
Old 10-14-2007, 05:28 PM

Over_The_Edge,

did you ever find your Shoestring plans? I recently bought a set of Buster plans from a seller on Ebay. He seems to have them on a regular basis for the Shoestring and Buster. I was not overly impressed with the plans as he said you could build from the plans. You could but I prefer to have templates of all of the parts to do it with! The only template was of the wing ribs, elevator, and rudder. The ribs were on a photocopied page (that chopped off the top of one of the ribs) that someone sent him that had a kit. There was no fuselage template and looked mostly like the Carl Goldberg plan but redrawn somewhat. I was not overly impressed with them but they are usable. He also sent a shrunken copy of the original Carl Goldberg assembly plan but that was on 4 regular 8-1/2"x11" sheets that you had to tape together to get the page.

I also just contacted Hobbico/Great Planes about obtaining the plans from their Goldberg Skylane 62 RC kit and you might try the same thing for the Shoestring plans since Great Planes and Hobbico just bought Carl Goldberg. It sounded like they might have them but no idea what they are charging for them (assuming they do still have them).

Good luck.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:35 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is strange.. It's on the web site. BP-1464-clp-64

http://www.brodak.com/shop_search.ph...tsearch=clp-64

They also sell the SIG .. CL-13

http://www.brodak.com/shop_search.ph...ctsearch=cl-13