Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

cox control line

Old 07-02-2008, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cox control line

Hi I just flew a control line for the first time in about 20 years. What a blast that was! It took a pretty hard nose dive and broke the plastic post that the screw goes into. I tried to epoxy it back together but it didnt hold. There are 4 screws that hold the 2 halfs of the plane together, the one that broke is by the engine. Any repair tips out there? Also since cox went out and I cant find a tank kit or buy a 049 with the tank attatched how do you configure the .049 with a seperate tank to mount to profile plane? If I have made spelling mistakes its because Im still dizzy from spinning around

thanks, Mike
Old 07-02-2008, 05:32 PM

Default RE: cox control line

Epoxy and CA's aren't too good with plastics. You could try drilling the posts out side to side and use a long thin bolt to hold the whole thing together.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry bud. I'm not getting the picture. If ya post one, it will be easier for us to help out. May also want to post similar in the 1/2 a forum under COX engine fix. Many very knowledgeable folks there in love with the Cox engines, and will be willing to help out.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:05 AM
gcb

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mike,

If I understand your problem correctly, many Cox RTF's use a moulded engine mount that is part of the plane. With the screw not working, there is nothing to hold the engine in place.

I used a couple of rubber bands to hold one together once. Seemed to work. Replace the oily rubber bands frequently, they deteriorate fast.

Some people use a small baloon or a film canister as a tank for profiles. Small wedge tanks are available from Brodak.

Good luck.

George
Old 07-03-2008, 09:01 AM

Thanks for your replies. Sorry for the lack of pictures. I figured out a fix that I think will work well. Ill post some before and after shots when I get done. Thanks, Mike
Old 07-04-2008, 01:07 AM

I've noticed a lot of messages on this forum (and others) from people unable to obtain Cox .049 engine spares and fittings, go on to eBay and search the online shops for "XENALOOK" they carry a large range of new Cox spares.
They are a Canadian company but ship worldwide, I have had excellent service from them, they don't have every spare obviously, but their stock varies regularly and the odds are that sooner or later you will find what you need. Or contact them and ask if they have what you are looking for.

Old 07-04-2008, 07:16 AM

Thanks, Nice store lots of parts!
Old 07-08-2008, 03:58 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Welcone back to this great hobby! I just got back into it recently after being out for a few years. Check out some of the 1/2a kits on sshobbies.com. The SkyRay is a fun build, and is a great flyer!
Old 07-08-2008, 05:11 PM

ORIGINAL: mikemack

Thanks, Nice store lots of parts!
No problem, glad to help