Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

twin throttles

Old 12-11-2008, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twin throttles

hey guys,
i`m looking at the 1/2a f82 twin mustang. the hobby shop list a twin engine throttle kit with this kit? it uses 2 .o49 engines?? i thought you only used throttles on scale birds??can someone enlighten me on the how & when of throttle linkages? i know i don`t need one on this plane but i might need this info in the future.
thanks,
conk
Old 12-12-2008, 12:48 PM
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: twin throttles

Depending upon what .049 motors you plan using the throttle will be difficult. Typically CL models flown in carrier and scale have throttle, but all of my sport models have throttle. I use the JR radios with DSC connection for the throttle control but this requires a servo and a battery on the plane. this is why the .049 throttle control will be difficult due to the extra weight of the 3-line bellcrank and all of the linkages. if you use the electronics you would have to use a very light weight single channel system with a micro servo and battery.

typically the twin engine throttle setups with a 3-line bellcrank is bound to have problems, all of my twins use a servo per engine with an electronic control system to drive both servos.

Also the flying lines for electronic throttle control require nylon coating which increases the drag, this is not a problem on my 90 powered camera plane that weighs 12 lbs, but starts to be come a problem with my .15 powered Grumman Tigercat on 53' lines.

Good Luck...