Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Control Lines
 Control Line in Kansas City >

Control Line in Kansas City

Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Control Line in Kansas City

Old 02-03-2009, 08:04 PM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Control Line in Kansas City

I belong to a rc club KCRC that a few people have been coming out and flying c/l on our helicopter pad. We decided to have a control line fly-in and the response has been over whelming. People are digging out old control liners, buying new ones (mainly ARFs), we are even having a program at one of our club meetings on control line. The date planned for this is June 6th. Anyone in the area that is interested, hope you can come out.

Duane
Old 02-03-2009, 08:16 PM

Default RE: Control Line in Kansas City

Hey! This is Bob Furr from Omaha. We have a small control line club up here that is alive and well with two flying sites in city parks nearby. We have a myspace page that is most easily found by typing "orbiting eagles" into a google search (use the quotes). Events this year include a learn to fly/funfly at Fremont Days in July another at the Strategic Air and Space Museum about 25 miles west of Omaha on I-80 in August and a funfly/contest in October. Many of our club members fly all kinds of models. Anyway add icerinkdad-at-aol-dot-com to your mail list and send me an email to that address and I will keep you posted on events in Omaha.
Bob
Old 02-03-2009, 10:27 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Duane -

Please keep us up to date on this - a couple of years ago, we came down (From Des Moines, IA) to a small control line contest in KC and I'm sure some of us will make the trip again. If you have a flyer or announcement, please add me to your mailing list - mikeainia 'at' iowatelecom.net I'll pass the word up here.

Do you know if the Minor brothers are flying at your site? They fly combat and we would like to make contact with them to let them know about our contests here in Iowa.

Thanks
Mike A.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:14 AM

You need to contact John E. "DOC" Holiday at < [email protected] > He lives in Shawnee and knows a lot of folks in the KC area.

Hothandle[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]
Old 02-04-2009, 10:48 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Make sure and tell Melvin at MBS models in Topeka about it so you can get it in the Topclass news. Topeka has the most active CL group in our immeadiate area. Then you'd have to go to Wichita, Tulsa, Omaha or St. Louis for the next most active. We've got a grass circle at the Knights field but it's maintained by the CL guys that use it and I don't know how active they will be this year. I'd fly, but I haven't had a chance to build much let alone fly. Barely getting any RC SPAD flying done. Too many projects about done or ready to cover and they've been that way for about 4 years.

I do get to work alot, it just doesn't look like it from my bank account.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:41 PM

Hey Duane my name is Andy Minor and I have flown some control line planes at the helicopter area awhile back but since then I have found a place up north that is actually for control line. I have flown control line for over 25 years and have competed nationally and internationally. I am very excited to hear there is interest and an organized effort to put something together please contact me I would love to help. 816-868-9454
Old 02-15-2009, 10:44 PM

Mike this is Andy Minor and my email address is [email protected] my phone number is 816-868-9454
Old 02-15-2009, 10:46 PM

Hey "Mr. Clean" give me your email address this is Andy Minor let me know about the St. Louis contest and Omaha.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:44 PM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Sure thing Andy, I'll make sure and forward your email to Bob Furr who has the low down on everything in Omaha and pretty much everywhere else. He's on this board to. Anyways, that's where my St Louis and Omaha info comes from.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:50 PM
My Feedback: (7)

The Wichihawks Cl club here in Wichita Kansas area would also be interested, we have paved cirgles here in Wichita
Old 04-19-2009, 09:06 AM

Hey Guys,
Sounds like a great idea!! We also have a Control line club alive and well in Neosho, MO, just about 2 and 1/2 hours from KC.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:57 PM

Omaha will have a stunt contest this fall the first or second weekend in October. Right now we have nothing planned for other events. We also fly at least once a year at the Strategic Air and Space Museum (think USAF Museum west... with a strong leaning towards former SAC airplanes) and at Fremont Days in Fremont NE abou 25 miles NW of Omaha... if any of that sounds interesing drop me a message at [email protected] and I will get you more info.
Bob
Old 04-20-2009, 04:59 PM
My Feedback: (70)

Hey guys Glad to hear control line interest is picking up in midwest. The St Louis annual speed contest is May 15 (practice) May16 and 17. Buder Park. Watch the AMA contest calender for details. I have some videos of control line events at Buder Park on YouTube. Go to youtube and search calmat2.
Keep going around in circles. Lou
Old 04-20-2009, 05:22 PM

To all those near KC or the Midwest in general - the Des Moines, Iowa club (Mid Iowa Control Liners) will host the 12th annual Spring Kickoff at our site in Big Creek State Park, just outside Polk City, Iowa. The dates are May 2,3
Stunt (Classic, Old Time, Profile and PAMPA classes)
Combat (1/2A, Speed Limit, F4b)
Carrier (1-2, Profile, .15, Sport Classes (Skyray, Nostalgia, Sportsman))

If you would like a flyer, I can email one.

You can Paypal your entry fees, and get a discount over registration at the site!

email me at:
mikeainia<at>iowatelecom<dot>net for more info.

Is there any more info on the KC funfly yet?

Mike A
Old 04-20-2009, 10:29 PM

Here is the flyer for our fly-in!!!! KCRC

THANKS Duane
12v
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75325.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	1184364  
Old 04-21-2009, 11:44 AM

Duane,

If I go this this address does that get to the charlie Reed flying site?

22807 Southwest Woods Chapel Road, Uninc Jackson County, Missouriā€ˇ

If my interet search is correct the field is SE of the intersection of I-70 and I-470 (291)...

Old 04-21-2009, 12:08 PM

I found this on the clubs web site on how to get to the field

General Field Information
Our R/C flying field is East of 291 Highway in Fleming Park (Lake Jacomo). Take Woods Chapel Road East from 291 Highway, turn right onto Rennau Drive, then left into the flying Field parking lot. The field opens at 9:00am daily

Old 04-22-2009, 12:09 AM

YES south on 470 (291) same thing from I-70 to woods chapel rd then east to rennau that is your
first right or south then top of next hill on left

Duane
12v
Old 04-24-2009, 08:30 PM

Gee Duane,
Look what you have started! When a couple of us dusted off the old Noblers and the Ringmasters last year,...well, who'da guessed?
Looks like we might have more interest in this than our pylon or the pattern or the warbird events.

KCRC is planning on setting up 4 or 5 "circles" down the lenght of our 500' grass runway and using the parallel asphalt runway for our take off areas. Obviously, the field will be closed to RC flying that day.

Duane, I'm not sure if you had anything in mind concerning noise reduction, but I would like to remind everyone that Charlie Reed field is an RC field in a county park and it does have a noise limit and a muffler requirement for RC airplanes. We do have some near by residents and we want to be good neighbors. That being said, I don't really know if the muffler requirement includes control line. Personally, I don't have mufflers on my .15s but I do have mufflers on my .35s and .40s. So, we would appreciate it if you possibly can, please fly with a muffler.

[img][/img]
Thanks,
Jimmy C, KCRC member
aka
Jim Cianciolo, AMA District VI avp
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80990.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	1186624   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm39006.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	235.2 KB
ID:	1186625  
Old 06-03-2009, 09:04 PM

Will its time   6/6/09 mostly sunny high of 85 wind at 10
  hope you all can come should be great

Duane
Old 06-05-2009, 11:19 AM

I have been packed for 3 days, I am ready to go......

I am bringing 5 models,

Spitfire - Great Planes combat converted to Cl
Corsair - Great planes combat coverted to Cl
Profile scale F7F tigercat - scratch built
Sig Skyray 35
Hanger Nine PIper cub -81" span

land softly...
Old 06-12-2009, 04:01 PM

Hey how did all this turn out?   I had problems with my van ($1300 before I finished) and had to miss the event.
Bob Furr
Omaha
Old 06-12-2009, 05:36 PM

Bob the fun fly turned out great wish you could have made it!! The wind was up a bit but there were lots of people enjoying themselves observing control line stunt, combat, and many other mentionable flights. THANKS DUANE for getting it all together......look for KC to have some control line contests and clubs.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:46 PM

>Bob the fun fly turned out great wish you could have made it!! The wind was up a bit but there were lots of people enjoying themselves >observing control line stunt, combat, and many other mentionable flights. THANKS DUANE for getting it all together......look for KC to have >ome control line contests and clubs.

Andy -

Are you and/or your brother coming up to the Sig contest?
<span class="info"> </span>
Old 06-13-2009, 02:31 PM

Send me some information on the Sig contest....how far is it from KC? Cary and were talking about it but don't have all the info.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.