Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

New Flight Box

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 01:18 PM
01sporty
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Flight Box

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58557.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	1445729  
Old 05-31-2010, 04:35 PM
Patxipt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Flight Box

Now some gold and diamonds for a bit more bling, maybe an air suspension on all corners....

Tell me, that radio control box on the side is a stooge for remote release?[8D]
Old 05-31-2010, 05:41 PM
01sporty

ORIGINAL: Patxipt

Now some gold and diamonds for a bit more bling, maybe an air suspension on all corners....

Tell me, that radio control box on the side is a stooge for remote release?[8D]

The RC stooge was the impetus for the project. I had planned to attach it to my old flight box but that thing weighs enough it should be on a dolly. It's also already pretty dirty and soaked with oil so I decided a new, improved box was in order.

I don't think the bling would stick. The first criteria was to have something that would clean easy so it's made of polyethylene. I like to fly off a ball diamond so it will get a lot of sand mixed with oily prop wash thrown at it.

I'm afraid the air suspension is out as well. The corners already have studs in them to help give it some bite. [8D]

Cheers,
Walt
Old 06-09-2010, 06:51 AM
jetpack

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's wrong, Sporty? You don't like making 12" seams by trying to edge glue 1/8" warped Luan ply? What fun is THAT!

Actually I really LIKE that box. Not only the materials but how it is laid out.

I'll be having to make one myself for control liners I have comming up on the bench. One pic doesn't do it justice that's nice work you must have a mill.

Hope you went all out with stainless fasteners!

Lets see the stooge seperate, I'm kind of a newbie with C/L and just getting back into it after many years...and only 1/2A size.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:23 AM
01sporty

I have a mill but it was just used to drill the holes. Most of it was cut out with a table saw. It's designed to be mass produced on a cnc router and/or laser. Force of habit.

Some of the fasteners are stainless just because that was what was in the drawer. The fasteners along the aluminum backbone are zinc plated because I used screws made for plastic. Shouldn't matter, it gets a nice layer of oil quickly since it doubles as an anchor for the stooge.

The green circuit board (receiver) and the transmitter are 'off the shelf'. The yellow circuit board was added. It's a six second timer. You press the first button and that makes the second button hot for six seconds.

Cheers,
Walt
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92471.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	1450744   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89297.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	1450745