RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Control Lines (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/control-lines-231/)
-   -   Stuka Stunt (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/control-lines-231/11683675-stuka-stunt.html)

Eddie H 10-14-2020 07:32 AM

Stuka Stunt

This will be my first post here. I know many U-Controllers here use the Stunt Hanger site, I just have never signed up to it. I have used for years the Stuka Site, but it seams to have closed or something. I can't get into it anymore. I wanted to read up on the Fox .15 X and the differences with the XX and the XXX engines that were discussed in depth there. I'm just asking where to search for this information. Thank you all in advance for any help. Eddy H

gene6029 10-14-2020 08:21 AM

Im sure you can find some guys here that can offer you assistance on the Fox .15X. Another site that has good information on it is Stunthanger.com. I use both sites and both have their plus sides. You dont have to join there , just wont be able to post. I think Stuka Stunt along with Brotherhood of the ring are not around anymore.....Gene

6a22a30b7c 05-05-2021 07:56 AM

So I'm very new to piloting and trying desperately to level up the planes and start getting kills, one thing I try to do is maintain a general loop of strafing infantry, resupply and climb.

However I'm just curious as to when people generally accelerate and decelerate? I tend to decelerate when strafing to allow more time to spotting enemies and accelerating almost all other times

H5606 05-05-2021 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by 6a22a30b7c (Post 12676440)
So I'm very new to piloting and trying desperately to level up the planes and start getting kills, one thing I try to do is maintain a general loop of strafing infantry, resupply and climb.

However I'm just curious as to when people generally accelerate and decelerate? I tend to decelerate when strafing to allow more time to spotting enemies and accelerating almost all other times

I thought C/L combat consisted only of shortening the streamer of your opponent as I never heard of strafing infantry -

As far as resupply, the rat racing guys working as pit crew have fuel cans and batteries strapped to their wrists as I recall from pictures and videos.

You have no choice but to accelerate in dives and decelerate in climbs and can only strive for constant speed using the 4-2-4 break (engine leans out going uphill & richens up going downhill) as far as I know.

6a22a30b7c 10-02-2021 12:31 AM

I'm just curious as to when people generally accelerate and decelerate? I tend to decelerate when strafing to allow more time to spotting enemies and accelerating almost all other times

qazimoto 10-03-2021 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by 6a22a30b7c (Post 12696806)
I'm just curious as to when people generally accelerate and decelerate? I tend to decelerate when strafing to allow more time to spotting enemies and accelerating almost all other times

If you decelerate when strafing the AAA is a gonna get you. See it happen all the time. Also the golden rule is never strafe the same position twice, for the same reason.

Bob Mears 10-04-2021 06:26 AM

I rely on heavy deceleration when I hit my opponents bell crank.