Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

crashed my cub...

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

crashed my cub...

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 02:29 PM
TurboRacer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: crashed my cub...

crash guy - sorry, already gave it to a club member. Should of spoke sooner!

and I wouldn't reccommend it as a first plane anyway. I've been flying for a long time, and consider myself intermediate +, and it was a handful. At least takeing off it was, in the air it was like any other plane.
Old 09-29-2003, 04:10 PM

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-29-2003, 04:50 PM
Montague

Here is a picture of what I mean. Regardless of weither it's wire or a solid piece, or whatever, as you can see, if the gear is backwards, the wheel winds up in the wrong place. And, if it is backwards, and the axels are pre-bent with toe-in, you'd wind up with toe-out which would be bad news, espcially combined with the wheels being too far back.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv66314.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	64533  
Old 09-29-2003, 07:39 PM
busdriver-RCU

The Cub in question here has pre-bent wire landing gear. They are interchangeable (i.e. no correct left or right) I have the very same Cub. Yes, on some mfgs. planes you could put them on backwards, changing the static C.G. but the only problem (merely cosmetic) with this particular plane is the 1/8" ply covers were put on backwards. It would not affect flight.
Old 10-03-2003, 04:13 PM
BankYank
My Feedback: (63)

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I had one and sold it. I hated the way a cub flies and still do. But if you can takeoff and fly a cub you can fly about anything.
Old 10-05-2003, 04:45 AM
watt_the!

Hey, if you like adrenaline sports (as your sig suggests), have you tried kiteboarding? It's what I do in the summer when it gets too hot to fly. Awesome fun and a real adrenaline buzz when you get going properly
MMMPH!...too hot to fly...lolol...

so when you're sick of perfect, near 80-90 F weather year 'round, and it gets occassionally around 100...then it's too hot?!..

oh the pain...

we get temps over 105 several ttimes per year...and as high as 114F.

is that too hot?...
Old 10-08-2003, 07:15 PM
Mudbug1001

Hey Turbo,

I live in Shelton and have a Cub ARF by Kyosho. If you're going to throw you're Cub away, I'd really like to drive up to Ansonia and take it off your hands. If nothing else, maybe I can use it for parts. Let me know - I'd really appreciate it and maybe I could return the favor sometime.
Old 10-08-2003, 07:59 PM
TimC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Montague, after reading this thread, I checked my Cub (Which has been a handfull taking off). The toe-in is factory made by bending the axel. They can be put on backwards. Mine are just bare wire and were on backwards and toed-out.
Old 10-08-2003, 08:06 PM
3d-aholic
My Feedback: (7)

I had one and sold it. I hated the way a cub flies and still do. But if you can takeoff and fly a cub you can fly about anything.
YEP!!!! I concur.
[sm=thumbdown.gif]
Its too much work to fly them and the payoff is real low...unless you like to rebuild them over and over again.

But the angle of the landing gear installation has that gear moved back about an inch/inch and a half from where it should be....and thats gotta make it even harder.
Old 10-15-2003, 03:53 PM
johnnyc

If this ia anything like my Cub, then just the strut covers (balsa for looks) are on backwards. On the Goldberg edition, the actual gear can't go backwards, but the covers can.