Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Patching punctures

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Patching punctures

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 07:50 AM
JMCHASE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Patching punctures

I am rebuilding a sailplane that was powered by a Goldberg 550. Changing it over to brushless. Its been sitting for a while and has picked up a few minor holes. I spoke with a friend at my local hobby shop that is in the know about repairing it he suggested just to clean the area around the ding rub a little windex on the area and lay down the patch over the hole. The windex is supposed to react with the chemistry in the covering making it stick to the surface. Has anyone tried this and what do you do with dings?
Old 03-02-2015, 09:19 AM
funnotcrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did not work for me. just used the old covering iron, no problem.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:16 AM
spaceworm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by funnotcrazy
did not work for me. just used the old covering iron, no problem.
Make a patch about 1/2 inch bigger all around than the hole. Round the corners to make it neater and so it doesn't peel up as easily. Seal around the edges with your iron first and then shrink it tight. Done it many times. I prefer Monokote, but I guess match the covering that is on it.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:02 PM
NEW222

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's what stickers are for!