Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Post me your links for CRASH VIDEOS! I CAN HOST ALL!

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Post me your links for CRASH VIDEOS! I CAN HOST ALL!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 04:18 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post me your links for CRASH VIDEOS! I CAN HOST ALL!

I have access to a DS-3 and have unlimited hosting storage. Send me your links to crash videos and I will post all of them together on my site. Right now I have several posted at http://www.flybuder.com/crashvids with more to come!

After I get plenty more I will clean the page up and make it look real nice and easy to use. For now just right mouse click on any of the videos and SAVE AS to view.

THANKS!
Old 10-30-2003, 07:50 PM
gabrielg74
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Post me your links for CRASH VIDEOS! I CAN HOST ALL!

Where can I upload some?

Gabriel
Old 10-30-2003, 08:02 PM
STLPilot

Sorry but I don't have access to give out FTP upload access to our server, it's a violation of our company. If you have the files local somewhere I can get them and upload them myself. Do you have an FTP server program on your local computer? If you could just post a URL I will grab the video and upload it to my server.
Old 10-30-2003, 11:32 PM
CrashPro
My Feedback: (1)

http://home.dc.rr.com/maurie/UltraDeath.wmv
Old 10-31-2003, 04:01 PM
jsonin
My Feedback: (4)

Default As the owner of some of the videos....

You should get permission from the content creators (the filmmakers) before hosting the videos. Most of your quicktime movies housed in your web archive are from our website (created, edited, and produced JeffC and myself).

Please contact me at [email protected] to discuss. Or we can talk by phone.

Yours,
Juhan
Old 10-31-2003, 05:04 PM
STLPilot

Default .

Old 11-01-2003, 02:32 AM
beavertail

Default RE: As the owner of some of the videos....

Doesnt seem like a big deal to me either.
Old 11-01-2003, 10:26 AM
DaveJohansen
My Feedback: (8)

Don't see the problem either. If someone wants credit for their work it should be in the video. Videos and pics get transferred all over the net.

STLpilot thanks for the site and look forward to more videos, if I get any I'll let you know.

Dave
Old 11-01-2003, 10:40 AM
STLPilot

Remember guys ... you don't just need to post actual vidoeos. I am also looking for links to other sites that have crash videos that I can combine all into 1 area.
Old 11-01-2003, 05:55 PM
jsonin

If one hosts content, post the appropriate credits. Crediting authors should be a requirement... and is applied to news articles to artwork to silly RC plane videos.

Feel free to add a link to our site; that's super. If you house our videos on your server, please note our authorship and ownership of those clips.

Yours,
Juhan
Old 11-01-2003, 06:12 PM
STLPilot

ORIGINAL: jsonin
If one hosts content, post the appropriate credits. Crediting authors should be a requirement... and is applied to news articles to artwork to silly RC plane videos.
Feel free to add a link to our site; that's super. If you house our videos on your server, please note our authorship and ownership of those clips.
Yours,
Juhan
True. It is applied to the billion dollar news industry, billion dollar artwork industry. They are all profiting from the use of the copyrighted material in some type of manner. I am just trying to provide a not for profit service.

But legally you could not pursuit action unless I was profiting from the copyright infringement, or you were taking a loss. I know this because I work in the type of industry that deals with copyright laws. Think about it, lets say you want to sue me, the only way to sue me is for money right? Right. As they would not lock me up for it. So you must come up with a dollar amount. Under copyright law that dollar amount can be 1x 2x 3x 4x or whatever times multiplied by your loss, or multiplied by my gain. Since I am not profiting from your copyrighted material, and you are not taking a loss, I have every right to use your material without permission.

Something to compare it to would be ... lets say I wanted to paint a Mickey Mouse in my house. Legally I could. Let's say I wanted to paint one on my car. Legally Disney could do NOTHING about it. But if I wanted to paint one on the walls of my Child Daycare Center ... they would sue the hell out of me. Same thing.

I don't mean like to sound like a jerk, but you should not have publicly asked me to post credits or to ask permission for use, as I need no permission. You could have emailed me.

When I make the page I may or may not post credit to the authors. I will consider requests for credit, however, I will not post links to anyone's site for the credit. If you want to post a link to your site, place it in this thread as it is for public viewing and is seen by the same audience that is looking at it right now or whenever. I believe in a free world and the likes of Napster, Kazaa, IMESH, Grokster etc. Speaking of which I have seen your movies on them as well.
Old 11-01-2003, 08:50 PM
jsonin

This has nothing to do with money, website traffic, or not for profit services. This discussion is about giving credit to content authors as in a note on a webpage. That's it. Why on earth would anyone pursue you for financial losses due to your hosting the videos? That's absurd. These are goofy, RC plane crash videos.

But common courtesy should sway most folks regardless of medium to give the viewership notice of who are the document authors.. whether it's video, text or sound. Take a peek at the websites for Morris Hobbies, The Profile Brotherhood, or several others plane manufacturers and you'll see our videos posted there... with a note roughly saying, "These films were provided by Juhan Sonin." They asked my permission to post the videos and I agreed. A simple, easy, and professional solution.

I'm asking for courtesy: give the authors credit. That's it.

Yours,
Juhan

Note: Giving credit and owning content rights isn't only an issue for billion dollar industries. As someone familiar with the law, you should be aware of IP on all levels, no matter how great or small the idea and funding.

Note 2: My signature contains the link to our website.
Old 11-02-2003, 01:17 AM
Col. K0rn

With regard to the ownership and production of the videos, doesn't the author's name come up in the video viewer? For example, I have seen several videos that have a crawl above the playback/progress bar that have the creator's name, date, etc. shown as the video is playing. At least it does in Windows Media Player.

You do have a point, Juhan, with giving credit where it's due; but I also know that most artists, photographers, et.al. have some sort of watermark, signature on their work. This way, when it's seen outside of it's "house of creation" (namely, your website) you still get credit for it. In my opinion, it's a matter of CYA.[sm=bananahead.gif]

BTW, I have enjoyed viewing some of the old vids off that are on your website.

Frankly, I'm glad someone else is hosting vids. I get a kick out of them! Both of you quit nitpicking. They are crash videos. Sheesh![sm=punching.gif]
Old 11-02-2003, 07:44 AM
STLPilot

Can't help it ... from Philly. You know ... Rocky, The Flyers etc ... afterall I have an image to preserve.

Whose next?

If I don't get much more posted I am just going to take em all down anyhow and keep for myself.
Old 11-05-2003, 11:13 AM
RCHYFLYER

what media program uses .MOV?
Old 11-05-2003, 11:49 AM
photoniq

quicktime is for .mov files
Old 11-05-2003, 11:55 AM
STLPilot

Need more vids! Please add links to other crash vids! Otherwise I think I am going to have to take it down!

THANKS!
Old 11-05-2003, 12:05 PM
beavertail

Disregard
Old 11-07-2003, 02:34 PM
Juice

The best crash video of ALL-TIME has to be the one that starts with the Superman theme song. Juhan, is that yours? Do you think you can give it to STLPilot to host? It would be nice to see that video again.

Juice
Old 11-07-2003, 03:33 PM
jsonin

Default Yup...

Juice,

That was a 25 minute compilation of crash videos from the mid-eighties (when I was in HS). If STLPilot wants to host it, I'll shoot him a file. Give me an email STL at [email protected].

It's a pretty funny video! But there are a ton of good ones out there.

-Juhan