Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Ultimate Crash ( pun intended)

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Ultimate Crash ( pun intended)

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2002, 05:02 PM
Doc Halliday

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultimate Crash ( pun intended)

A couple of years ago I bought a CG Ultimate with a YS 120 and good servos at a really good deal.Never owning a big airplane it was my pride and joy.I flew it quite a bit until one day the motor quit in mid-flight never having done so before I was suprised.
Well, being the skilled pilot I am,I decided to try to get it back to the runway slowly circling to the left when it suddenly encountered a tree,feeling bad about the plane I felt even worse
when I turned the prop and it free wheeled .After further inspection when the rod broke it took the liner,piston and bearings with it.Since it was an older 120 I decided to sell it for parts instead of fixing it.Now all I have is a battered set of wings and fuselage to remind me of that great flying airplane.
Old 05-17-2002, 05:57 PM
rcavi8ter
My Feedback: (19)

Default Ultimate

Who did you by the plane off of. When I lived in Tulsa there was a guy that flew an Ultimate with a YS 1.20. He flew at Glue Dobbers Field but I can not remember his name. I was helping him with a MW Extra and gave him plans for a G-202 that I designed. I wanted to find out if he ever got the plane done and flew it.

Chris Puckett
Old 05-17-2002, 06:05 PM
Doc Halliday

Default Ultimate Crash ( pun intended)

I forgot his name but he lives in the Melinda Park addition.It is sky blue and yellow.It also had a female pilot in it but I left it with him.