Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Balsa post hole digger?

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Balsa post hole digger?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 06:25 AM
supersport396

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Balsa post hole digger?

Thats what it looked like [&o]

First time flying,made it a whole 3 minutes then got inverted over my head ,got disoriented and pile drived it to about 7ft over my right back shoulder.

It was a ball though,loved every second of it,literally[:-]

DAMAGE:Plane is toast,muffler broke a mounting ,some engine damage (still usable) prop,fuel tank (accordian) radio+servos still good and working.

My mistakes: Flying in a restricted area having to turn often instead of taking my time a learning to fly in a bigger area. Once i got airborn i was concentrating on flying so much i never moved into a bigger area,duhh,to scared to move

Javelin pattern plane,MDS 40,Hitec 7.
Old 07-09-2004, 07:24 AM
ghee-grose

Default RE: Balsa post hole digger?

Balsa post hole digger???? Ha Ha...I've never heard it put that way, but I couldn't think of a better description! I've dug a post hole before too...only mine was because I let the receiver battery go too low.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:57 PM
Spaceclam

wait wait wait. you used a javelin pattern plane as a 1st plane!!?? i would say the crash is not your fault. for your first flight and a little while after, you should be using something called a trainer. it is a high wing plane, lots of dihedral, and does not like to go inverted. it wants to fly straight and level so it allows you to learn the basic dynamics of flying before you have to worry about throttle management, staying on the sticks, bad stalling habbits, high speed etc. i would highly reccomend buying one, they dont cost that much. they are not a lot to look at either, but they look a lot better than a bashed up pattern plane. buy one and fly it around until you are comfortable, then if you try the pattern again (or something like it) you will notice how much easier and more enjoyable it is.
Old 07-12-2004, 01:25 AM
KFalcon
My Feedback: (18)

You had my attention with the title!