Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

What causes a Crash

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!
View Poll Results: A poll
Pilot Error
41.99%
Mechanical Malfunction
8.90%
Pilot Error
7.47%
Act of God
4.98%
Pilot Error
3.56%
Electrical Malfunction
5.69%
Wife's Fault
6.05%
Dog's Fault
8.19%
Pilot Error
13.17%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

What causes a Crash

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 11:28 PM
love those warbirds
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What causes a Crash

I say God dose not like me flying airplanes "if he wanted us to fly, he would of given us wings".
Old 12-22-2004, 09:07 AM
Lancair-RCU

If the model stops flying in one piece its a landing, regardless of how it got there, as long as nothing actually came off the model. If you can use the model again immediately after refuelling, its a Brilliant landing.

You must remember "The probabilty of survival is inversely proportional to the angle of arrival"
Old 12-22-2004, 11:58 PM
AQ500

It's a newly discovered natural phenomena........

The GRAVITY SURGE
Old 12-23-2004, 12:01 AM
AQ500

Model airplanes have mass, so they attract one another.........that explains my mid-air crash this last summer........
Old 12-23-2004, 11:09 PM
steamer401

I dont think it should be called flying ...more like a control crash!!! and in my case how does a discruntal seagull sound .....there i was minding my own busness when out of nowear this dumb seagull flu right into my plane ....needless to say they both came tumbleing down to earth my palne did better then the bird did ...its flying again and little birdy aint
Old 12-28-2004, 06:49 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

It's funny that 65% of pilots responding said pilot error. When I see one go in at the field the guy always yells "I got hit". I would estimate if pilot and setup error were grouped together. It would be at fault 90% of the time. Either that or the longer I fly the less radio hits I get.

David
Old 12-30-2004, 02:39 PM
rcs1313

Well you guys are all overlooking the obvious cause of all CRASHES.

Do any of you remember Model Builder Magazine? In this magazine there was a "Dear Jake" column, kind of like an Ann Landers, you write me a question and I will give you an answer. Anyway his therory was that EVERY plane is created ( born ) with a certain amount of a thing called "aireons". Aireons are what gives the plane the ability to fly and stay airborne. The problem is that all planes are not created with the same or equal amount of "aireons" and therefore you never know just when all the aireons are used up. This is because you use up aireons on every flight and you don't know just how many.

Aireons will be used up more quickly when flying closer to the ground, near trees, buildings,weather related conditions, etc, etc..... Dear Jake's therory went on and on and on with weight,power,size,experience etc, but all related to the initial amount of aireons that the model was blessed with at creation, which of course was an unknown.

I wish this guy was still around--it was great reading.

Now that you know, what else could it possibly be but a LACK of "AIREONS" because they ran out at just the wrong time????

Rod
Old 12-30-2004, 03:36 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I blamed my last one on all of my so-called friends who forgot to remind me to install my transmitter antenna. Following a very brief in-flight range check, I knew exactly how far I could control the A/C prior to losing control. Next A/C please, I'll try again. Furtunately nothing important (except pride) was damaged, except for totalled A/C.

Bruce
Old 12-30-2004, 05:29 PM
rcs1313

Dear Jake said that a failure to provide the proper amount of antenna would result in the immediate loss of 100% of your available "aireons".!!!!