Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Searchin' for some booty

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Searchin' for some booty

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 02:06 PM
randall1959
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Searchin' for some booty

Finding a wallet with cash and credit cards and not trying to find the owner is just wrong. You could have called the CC company and they would have either given you the guy's address or had him contact you. No wonder this country is in such a state. Greed overcomes even the simplest courtesies. My father lost a wallet once and if it hadn't have been for at least one honest person he would have lost everything. Tsk tsk.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:13 PM
cadconversions
My Feedback: (21)

addison, you got any pics of the jet gear?
Old 01-29-2005, 06:29 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

ORIGINAL: randall1959

Finding a wallet with cash and credit cards and not trying to find the owner is just wrong. You could have called the CC company and they would have either given you the guy's address or had him contact you. No wonder this country is in such a state. Greed overcomes even the simplest courtesies. My father lost a wallet once and if it hadn't have been for at least one honest person he would have lost everything. Tsk tsk.

ya and then have him press charges against me for theft.
I had a similair sitation where I found somones rolex at my local golf club, I was heading back to the club house to give it back and the jerk who it belonged to grabbed it out of my hand and wanted to call the police and have me arrested.[:@]

lesson learned, finders keepers.
Old 01-29-2005, 01:53 PM
litebipe

Let me revise my initial post to:

"How hard would you try to find the rightful owner of a near-perfect F-15 complete with turbine?"

Now that's a hell of a find, Addison. Who would fly such an investment without ID?
Old 01-31-2005, 12:46 PM
jschenck
My Feedback: (23)

I have to admin that when I first read the title to this thread, I had to check to make sure I hadn't wandered off to a dark recess of the internet :-) Pirates and lost R/C equipment was not the first thing that came to mind.

btw- anyone who finds lost equipment (and wallets!) and does not try to find the rightful owner - SHAME! I have retured a Futaba 7C to the rightful owner and, conversly had my RD-8000 handed back to me for no more than a thanks! (those instances were over 6 months apart and did not involve the same people.)

I also had lost and aircraft and had other club members hand it back to me, complete with mice droppings - 4 months later.

If I found a $5000 jet, I would search for the rightful owner rather than try to pawn it for a T-MAXX. Hey, the owner might buy you a Savage if you were honest about it.

Integrity
Old 01-31-2005, 01:01 PM
cadconversions
My Feedback: (21)

Agreed, but if the jet is found at an closed runway without id how do you find the owner? If you post that you found a Jet airplane and looking for the owner you'll have 30 people claiming it. Of course, you could have them people describe it and go that route but I doubt you would find anyone. I do agree that you should try.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:43 AM
MormonMike
My Feedback: (2)

Be thankful you don't live in Utah. Anything found and not claimed within 90 days automatically becomes property of the state. MM[&o]
Old 02-01-2005, 09:44 AM
Joe Ortiz
My Feedback: (75)

I found a complete 4Star .60 while serching for my plane, it was left out in the field by the owner, too lazy or too chicken to go and recover it, the fuse was trashed, but I ended up with a new Magnum 61, 6 fully funtional servos, landing gear, lots of harware, I got enough parts to build a new plane on the cheap, his loss, my gain.
Joe
Old 02-01-2005, 12:44 PM
randall1959

ORIGINAL: Alkaline

I had a similair sitation where I found somones rolex at my local golf club, I was heading back to the club house to give it back and the jerk who it belonged to grabbed it out of my hand and wanted to call the police and have me arrested.[:@]

Sounds like a rather lame excuse to me. I doubt you would have been arrested, had you contacted the authorities and properly handed the wallet over to them. I'm sure glad you aren't my neighbor. I might leave my lawnmower out in the yard or something. The situation with the Rolex is not the same as finding a wallet with cash and CCs. In the latter, it appears you were the only one that knew you had it and you didn't even bother trying to do the right thing. Sometimes doing the right thing isn't always the easiest but keeping it all to yourself is definately wrong, no matter what the excuse. Excuses are like you know what's. Everyone has one these days. And believe me, I know what it's like to be in that Rolex situation. One time I was driving around back of a store and found a purse lying on the ground. It still had all the CC's bank cards, driver's license, the whole shmear, but no cash. I called the owner and arranged to drop it off at their house. When I got there the driveway had two Highway Patrol cars in it and I was questioned at length because I was suspected of stealing the purse.
I wasn't arrested but my name and address were kept until store security tapes could be viewed and it was found that I wasn't even in the store that day Seeing as the lady had turned her back while shopping and someone pinched her purse it was established that I could not possibly have been the theif. Yea, I had to go through some hassles, but in the end it was worth it anyway. I slept better knowing I had done the right thing even if it did cost me a little embarrassment. No wonder our kids are so screwed up these days. We tell them to do the right thing and lecture them but then we don't practice what we preach. I guess it's a sign of the times. []
Old 02-01-2005, 02:53 PM
Crashem

No wonder our kids are so screwed up these days. We tell them to do the right thing and lecture them but then we don't practice what we preach. I guess it's a sign of the times.
Don't blame it entirely on the today's kids. Dirtbags can be found in every generation[X(]
Old 02-01-2005, 09:02 PM
cstewa

I would just like to simply ask those of you reading this forum that if you find R/C equipment to please try and find the owner (or anything else for that matter). And when you return something found thank the owner. Yea thats right...thank the owner. Look at it as a privilege to do the right thing. You are doing something that should and will make you feel better about yourself. And the next time something is returned to you that you lost, you will understand and appreciate it all the more.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:32 AM
manks

Karma will come back to kick these people in the *****.

There have been many times in my life that I have been given too much change back, an extra $20 at the bank, or been undercharged for items at a store. I always tell the cashier, Teller, ect to recheck how much I have been given. I am an honest man who will always try to return what is not mine. If I had found a crashed Jet in perfect condition, I would have talked to every member of the club to se who it belonged to. If there is no chance to find the owner, fine, but you have to make every effort.

No person is ever charged with theft when they return something that does not belong to them.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:35 AM
manks

I love that rationalization, I am afraid to turn in a wallet I found, so I am just going to steal the money and forget about it. Nice.

Remember that "thou shall not steal" comandment? If it is not yours turn it in.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:00 AM
randall1959

I firmly believe in karma. Remember there is no honor among thiefs. You usually get back what you put out in life.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:59 PM
powertoys

Hey guys,

We definitely need to keep this thread alive. I'm going to use it to check on who I'm buying from. If (not to mention names in this thread) is selling something I wouldn't want to buy it. It might not be as advertised or even worse, "hot". If you guys don't want to take the time to do what is right, then do nothing at all and let someone else find it.

On the same note, if we did what AMA tells us to by putting our name, address and AMA# inside the plane, we wouldn't have any excuse. Although a wallet is a totally different thing, any credit card company will notify the card holder their stuff is found. Not to mention first, middle initial, and last name on the card can usually be found in a local phone book. Have a good day fellas.

Mike
Old 02-02-2005, 06:24 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

ORIGINAL: Alkaline

Sounds like a rather lame excuse to me. I doubt you would have been arrested, had you contacted the authorities and properly handed the wallet over to them. I'm sure glad you aren't my neighbor. I might leave my lawnmower out in the yard or something. The situation with the Rolex is not the same as finding a wallet with cash and CCs. In the latter, it appears you were the only one that knew you had it and you didn't even bother trying to do the right thing. Sometimes doing the right thing isn't always the easiest but keeping it all to yourself is definately wrong, no matter what the excuse. Excuses are like you know what's. Everyone has one these days. And believe me, I know what it's like to be in that Rolex situation. One time I was driving around back of a store and found a purse lying on the ground. It still had all the CC's bank cards, driver's license, the whole shmear, but no cash. I called the owner and arranged to drop it off at their house. When I got there the driveway had two Highway Patrol cars in it and I was questioned at length because I was suspected of stealing the purse.
I wasn't arrested but my name and address were kept until store security tapes could be viewed and it was found that I wasn't even in the store that day Seeing as the lady had turned her back while shopping and someone pinched her purse it was established that I could not possibly have been the theif. Yea, I had to go through some hassles, but in the end it was worth it anyway. I slept better knowing I had done the right thing even if it did cost me a little embarrassment. No wonder our kids are so screwed up these days. We tell them to do the right thing and lecture them but then we don't practice what we preach. I guess it's a sign of the times. []
Great, now go fight our wars and find a cure for cancer
I rather not deal with it and just walk away for something.
Sh*t happens, move on and forget, look at it this way, the person who lost it will be more carefull,

Thier is nothing right or wrong, its all the way you look at it, and I'm not chaning the way I think just because you have a problem.

Also kids are not screwed up these days, they are smatter, faster, more intelligent, and know more about human nature then ever before.
You can live in denial saying it was "the right thing to do" when in fact, thier is no right and wrong. Its all random occurances, and you can walk out either way.

Once you have seen both sides, you'll realize, the Hell with it, his loss my gain, sometimes its gonna be the opposite, but I'm sure as heck not going to loose sleep over it. Chasing around based on principle is counter-intuative.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:44 PM
Flyjets
My Feedback: (51)

OK Boyz

We have exhausted this topic and it's time to move on to something else.............................................. .............

Old 02-03-2005, 03:56 AM
bobo_54501
My Feedback: (19)

Shoot I was just going to ream this guy . Evil Brings Evil . And in the words of a wise man ... Stupid Is as Stupid Does ...
Old 02-03-2005, 10:10 AM
manks

This guy is clearly a kid who does not get it yet. Hopefully he will grow and learn that integrity is the true measure of a man, not the money in his wallet. The "finders keepers" arguement is a weak arguement by a young mind.

BTW - the youth of today may think they are smarter, faster ect - all of the things my generation thought 20 years ago, the truth is you only get smarter through experience, once you have a family of your own you will start to understand things much better. I am almost 40 and I know that I have a lot to learn, but I also know how much I have learned since I was 18.

cheers.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:31 AM
randall1959

I'm with the mod on this one. Better to keep silent and let the world think you a fool than to open your mouth and erase all doubt
ORIGINAL: Flyjets

OK Boyz

We have exhausted this topic and it's time to move on to something else.............................................. .............

Old 02-08-2005, 11:26 AM
t1nk

Good point Alkaline... Kids are faster these days... ??? [sm=confused.gif]
Old 02-08-2005, 01:52 PM
bobo_54501
My Feedback: (19)

I wish mine and most of there friends were faster at getting a JOB , learning to be gentlemen , and learning what being a man REALLY is .
Old 02-17-2005, 10:38 AM
Giles300-72

I have found pitts style mufflers and other od and inn things. But about 3 years ago I was teaching one of my friends how to fly his new trainer. Well I couldn't go one sunday and he went any way believing he could fly on his own. Well he lost the plane out over the trees. We spent a week looking for that plane. We would get out there at about 4 pm and start walking the woods in a big line (about 6 of us) with no luck. then about 6 months ago I was riding my 4 wheeler w/ some friends down a powerline that was prob. a good 1/2-1 mile away from the field, and just happend to look up and see his plane in the tree! But of course it was ruined by then, and the bad part was the only damage was some broken monekote and the tail feathers had come off the plane.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:12 PM
drunkenbushman

ORIGINAL: bobo_54501

I wish mine and most of there friends were faster at getting a JOB , learning to be gentlemen , and learning what being a man REALLY is .

geez i hope my dad never thoguht of me like that!
Old 02-18-2005, 11:20 AM
airbatic

Good name drunkenbushman. I like drunk.

Kraus

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.