Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

STUFFED My Siren.

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

STUFFED My Siren.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 09:21 PM
LarryQ
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STUFFED My Siren.

I went to the field today to maiden my two new birds.

First up was my GP Siren.with an AXI 2645/10 Brushless (2) 1800 MAH "Twenty" series 3S Lopos and an Phoenix 45 speed control.

Took Off with AUTHORITY..and she flew like a bird!!!

Super nice.!!!!

I noticed that when I hit the spoilerons..she droped like a STONE!!!

Fairly level..maybe slightly nose down..but bigtime drop in altitude ..

So I decide to land her without spoilers....

I made one attempt and was too hot and overshot...power on no prob to climbout..

Second try still Hot..but less than last time..

I try to get her on the ground..and she is now 6 INches off the ground perfectly level....and I end up STUFFING THE NOSE IN THE ONLY FRIGGING GULLEY/BUMP ON THE PROPERTY!!!!!

Stuffed the nose..and broke the motor mount..pushed the motor / spinner back and the entire mount gave way.
with the spinner/ motor out ..the fuse is an empty "Tube"...

I guess it is repairable..but it also delaminated the CF on the top of the fuse where the motor mount WAS attached..

I ordered another "Kit" and I'm going to replace the Fuse...that delam is just too big..and CF can be a pain...

I could have just ordered just a replacement fuse..but this way I get a bunch of other spare parts as well...
Judging by the way she flew..I think I'm going to be flying the wings off this one!!!

Despite my mishap..she is a "Keeper"...

I was never able to get a good range check with my Funtana...so I just left the field after the damage to the siren...

I made some changes and will be back out with the funtana tomorrow..

......One FLight ..One Crash....welcome to my world!!!

Larry