Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

DECATHLON crash and BURNED

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

DECATHLON crash and BURNED

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 12:18 AM
wascamp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DECATHLON crash and BURNED

Av8rdavid,
My first aerobatic instructor suggested that I eat bananas before each flight. Not because they stay down but because they taste about the same coming up as they do going down. He was a wise A**, but a heck of an aerobatic pilot. As a Marine aviator he was a member of the Zero-Zero club. Punched out of a Phantom with the wheels on the runway when the plane caught fire. As has been said before, things happen pretty slowly in the Citabria and only a little faster in the SD. You should do fine. Have fun you lucky dog.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:05 AM
av8rdavid

HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! Thats awsome!! I'm gonna have to use the banana suggestion to my flying friends...
I wish i was younger....I'm 30 now and the only shot i have left in aviation should happen now...If i was 10 years younger i'd be in the military.
I took a ride to the local hobby shop yesterday and came very close to getting an extra 300 .60 from seagull models for my .75 TH 2 stroke...We'll see....I'm dead broke, looking for a flying job, with a mortgage and a student loan and thinking of buying more model airplanes....Someone tell me i don't have a serious problem...hahaha!

Dave
Old 07-09-2006, 02:17 PM
alex k

My uncle had skydived at spaceland 2 times, and he has the vids (funny). oh, and i had a question, which 40 size decathlon is the best?
Old 07-10-2006, 07:27 AM
strykernut

all this decathlon talk....resulted in me going for a spin in one!

[link=http://www.geocities.com/birthofanaviator/page3.html]DECATHLON THRILL RIDE![/link]

SPACE CADET
Old 07-10-2006, 07:38 AM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, I don't fly any more. Lost my medical many years ago. Go ahead and instruct as you'll be able to log some cross-country time anyway. You won't get ANY of that flying skydivers. Never get more than 10 miles from the field unless you're flying a DC-3 or something else big like that. BTW - they're fun too. Flew many hours as co-pilot in them too. Big flying truck. Biggest/fastest flown was a CV-580 though from BPT to DFW. My boss let me fly it one day on a ferry flight. He was director of ops for a regional airline in Houston area at the time and we were operating them on that route. Don't worry, full regular crew was also in cockpit with me to coach. He also owned/operated Spacelane dropzone where I flew for him so he knew my qualifications.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:49 PM
Bosch232
My Feedback: (1)

Want me to send you some real gas next time... (100 Octane)

Sukhoi,

Actually, lower octane fuels burn faster with more energy.
Octane content is not a measure of potential energy, it's a measure of a fuel's resistance to preignition and detonation.
You'll actually lose performance if you use a fuel with too high of an octane rating, although in the world of R/C I doubt it'd be perceptable.

It always made me chuckle when I had my Suzuki Hayabusa, and the other guys would brag about having "105 octane racing gas" or some nonesense in their tanks.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:41 PM
av8rdavid

Not to mention adding LEAD to a fuel injection system not designed for it is an instant tragidy....O2 sensors are the first to be affected when 100 LL gets thrown in the mix...
When we burn the fields for the new season, we use DIESEL and it goes up like a match! Stays lit longer too...
How fascinating it is to branch this post to different directions isn't it?