Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Landing gear saves my butt! (wing)

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Landing gear saves my butt! (wing)

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 07:58 PM
LT-40
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Landing gear saves my butt! (wing)

I was coming in for a cross-wind landing with my Four Star. Because of the wind, the plane was flying sideways down the runway. Then when the plane hit the ground like that, it turned rapidly and shot strait for the pilot area. It came to an abrupt stop when the plane smacked one of the metal posts in the pilot area. Crap!![:@], I thought but when I looked to see what the damage was, I was surprised to see nothing at first. When I looked closer, I noticed that the landing gear was tweaked a little, but that was it. Then I realized that the landing gear had saved my planes wing and or engine. If it had hit a little more to the right, then I would be piecing my wing back together, and if it were more to the left, then I would have broke my engine off of it's mounts! All I had to do was epoxy the landing gear block back, and get a new prop. Wow I was lucky, lets hope it doesn't happen again.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:28 PM
love those warbirds
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Landing gear saves my butt! (wing)

Thats why I'm a big landing gear person! Saved me too many times.