Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

loved my Ringmaster

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

loved my Ringmaster

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 03:40 PM
rammar
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default loved my Ringmaster

My friend Glen (who's in charge of our field in Wichita - Riverside) small and between a reservoir on the east and a full scale runway on the west - real neat place to be. Anyway Glen gave me a MDS 48 for this plane - so can't get mad at him really. Glen and his brother Jim love to drive their nitro trucks up and down the runway - grass field really. I landed from the north and rolled a few yards and decided to take off again. Upon cracking the throttle open the little ringmaster naturally veered to the left - right into the trucks path. A head on resulted where just a small ding in the leading edge was applied - no damage to the truck, but we had a great laugh about it. I looked the ringmaster over and refuled and took off again. Flew OK until I realized no elevator. By then it's over the water. Shoulda cruised stright but tried to bank back home. Wing scissored and she went straight into the water - middle of the lake. I couldn't get it out til the next day. The airframe is toast - all joints compromised from the water. Engine is gritty and receiver isn't working, but the servos and battery are OK. The elevator link broke at the threads or the wing bolt vibrated out. Probably won't see another RC Ringmaster til I rebuild this one from scratch - Do have a good set of plans and can tell you this is a nice sport plane to fly.
Rick in Wichita