Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Very Bad Luck

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Very Bad Luck

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 06:14 PM
i live for 3D
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Very Bad Luck

Thats the fill tube. I have got a little bit more work to do such as the rudder servo, Control horns and z bending some rods.

Tony
ORIGINAL: canhos

K, what's left? Good to see it's all coming together so fast. That engine looks like it's made to just run, that's why it started so good. With a new engine, you would have been fiddling with it for an hour at least to get it broke in!

I noticed you have a fuel line dangling next to the muffler. Are you running it without muffler pressure, or is that a fill tube?

Old 01-11-2007, 08:59 PM
RC MANIAC119
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're making us Proud Tony....Real Proud!!!

By the way, I called that engine my "One Flipper", because once you primed it, it would always start with one flip!!!!

Enjoy
Old 01-11-2007, 09:22 PM
i live for 3D
Banned

Same with me I primed it and one hit with the chicken stick and it was running strong!
Tony
ORIGINAL: RC MANIAC119

You're making us Proud Tony....Real Proud!!!

By the way, I called that engine my "One Flipper", because once you primed it, it would always start with one flip!!!!

Enjoy
Old 01-11-2007, 11:50 PM
Trundle

Just fly that thing Tony!!!!!!!!!!
I really do think that it is great what you have done for tony. I was just making a suggestion because I seem to be a clean phreak with my planes. I'm sure that it is a great engine and i just thought it would look better if it were a bit cleaner.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:02 AM
i live for 3D
Banned

Its finished except for the cowl! I will have pics tonight...!

Tony
Old 01-12-2007, 08:08 AM
76birdman

I'm really glad to see the pictures of your progress. It looks like you are really doing a great job putting things together. Keep up the good work buddy!
Old 01-12-2007, 04:55 PM
i live for 3D
Banned

Here it is the final product!!!(except the cowl)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80801.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	596378   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89372.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	596379  
Old 01-12-2007, 05:00 PM
i live for 3D
Banned

a few more

Name:	Qo41545.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	596382   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm37117.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	596383  
Old 01-12-2007, 05:03 PM
i live for 3D
Banned

One more......

Name:	Rp42694.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	596386  
Old 01-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Ofnsve

I've been following this thread from the start and I really must say that you guys all need to be congratulated. To send that stuff to a deserving young RC enthusiast such as Tony who had bad luck befall him is very standuppish.(I know it's not a real word, but I'm adding it to my Wordinary...)

And to Tony who has done a great job and has been very gracious about everything a big kudos to you. I bet that this experience will stick with you for the rest of your life.

Random acts of kindness from strangers is not a thing of the past and it is very heartwarming to see that this kind of behavior is still ongoing in todays' day and age. I just wish that I had something to contribute to this other than my words and thoughts.

Just thought that I would put my .02 cents into this thread and tell everyone to think positive. What goes around comes around.(most of the time)

Take care all,

Blain
Old 01-12-2007, 06:33 PM
stinger40

Tony, you are a great kid. You're passion for this hobby is inspiring. You can obviously build a plane very well........ and quite fast. I hope that this Funstar lasts longer than your old one. Have fun!

To all the guys at RCU who donated to Tony,

You all should be given a pat on the back. It just shows that a little generosity can go a long way. Treat others as you want to be treated. Congrats to the guys at RCU and to Tony. Happy flying!
Old 01-12-2007, 07:43 PM
76birdman

Well Tony, I have to tell you that you have made everyone proud. That is one fine looking 3D machine! I would like to thank RC MANIAC119 for contributing the Thunder Tiger Pro 46 engine. Also wingman371 for pitching in the Futaba flight pack. Without your generosity, Tony probably would have been grounded longer than he was. You guys are the best

Keep us posted with pictures of the maiden Tony. Here's to you and many, many flights with your incredible flying machine.

Eric M.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:49 PM
i live for 3D
Banned

Thank you guys...again. The maiden is probably going to be next sunday the 21st. Do you guys think I should put the cowl on?
Its kind of a hassle to put on but If it makes it more aerodynamic or make it 3D better than I guess I should? Waht do you guys think?

Tony
Old 01-12-2007, 07:53 PM
stinger40

I think it is just there for good looks. I actually like that plane without the cowl.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:08 PM
76birdman

I agree with stinger 40. When doing 3D I think it's effect would be negligible. Most of the 3D guys here dont use them. I can also see an advantage in not having it on for cooling purposes. Not to mention the story factor

One thought, the 1/8 inch flap of monokote wrapped around the firewall will be exposed to fuel as well as prop blast. Perhaps some ideas could come in as how to prevent it from coming loose and flapping in the breeze. A little time spent now might pay off in the future. Does anyone have any tried and true ideas for Tony?

Just my opinion, it's your plane

Eric
Old 01-13-2007, 02:49 AM
RC MANIAC119
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 76birdman

I agree with stinger 40. When doing 3D I think it's effect would be negligible. Most of the 3D guys here dont use them. I can also see an advantage in not having it on for cooling purposes. Not to mention the story factor

One thought, the 1/8 inch flap of monokote wrapped around the firewall will be exposed to fuel as well as prop blast. Perhaps some ideas could come in as how to prevent it from coming loose and flapping in the breeze. A little time spent now might pay off in the future. Does anyone have any tried and true ideas for Tony?

Eric

Tony.........just run some thin CA around that rim on the firewall..........it will hold down the Monocote, seal off the wood from fuel, and it will be a lot easier than taking off the motor at this point!

Any cowl is a pain in the butt to deal with, and the only purpose it serves is overall looks.......3d Guys don't care about looks!!!

I hope you realize that you have one job left unfinished..........you must now, somehow get a video camera, ..because your first flight with this beast MUST be displayed here...for all to see!!!!

GOOD LUCK PILOT..........REMEMBER YOUR FRIENDS ON RCU!!![sm=wink_smile.gif]
Old 01-13-2007, 01:48 PM
i live for 3D
Banned

Yes i do have a video camera and will take a video. The only thing i dont know is how to put it on here. Do any of you guys know how?
Thanks, Tony

ORIGINAL: 76birdman

Eric

Tony.........just run some thin CA around that rim on the firewall..........it will hold down the Monocote, seal off the wood from fuel, and it will be a lot easier than taking off the motor at this point!

Any cowl is a pain in the butt to deal with, and the only purpose it serves is overall looks.......3d Guys don't care about looks!!!

I hope you realize that you have one job left unfinished..........you must now, somehow get a video camera, ..because your first flight with this beast MUST be displayed here...for all to see!!!!

GOOD LUCK PILOT..........REMEMBER YOUR FRIENDS ON RCU!!![sm=wink_smile.gif]
Old 01-13-2007, 02:21 PM
KingCobra2

Tony:

If it is a digital cam, it downloads just like a standard digital photo camera either with a USB cable that just plugs between the camera and the hard drive or it may have a memory card in it. When you connect the usb cable or insert the card from your cam, your computer should instantly ask you what you want to do. The plane looks hot Tony>> Great job and good luck!!!!!!!!..........Scott.
[quote]ORIGINAL: i live for 3D

Yes i do have a video camera and will take a video. The only thing i dont know is how to put it on here. Do any of you guys know how?
Thanks, Tony
[quote]ORIGINAL: RC MANIAC119

[quote]ORIGINAL: 76birdman

Old 01-13-2007, 02:34 PM
76birdman

Tony,

Would you like to see something cool? Google funstar 40

You are officially Googled. Not sure about the 40 part but try it. It's always fun to be indexed.

Eric
Old 01-13-2007, 04:30 PM
VictoryRoll-91

Hope the maiden goes ok. I googled it, and were all on there!!!!!!
Old 01-13-2007, 04:50 PM
wingman371

Hey Tony and everyone else; I am about to go to another FOB here in Iraq and I am unsure of the comunication situation is down there. I will try to keep up with y'all and I really want to see the video. Good luck Tony!!!!!
Old 01-13-2007, 04:53 PM
KingCobra2

"Here in"????? WOW, take care of your self and hope to hear from you>> Sempre fi dude!, Scott
ORIGINAL: wingman371

Hey Tony and everyone else; I am about to go to another FOB here in Iraq and I am unsure of the comunication situation is down there. I will try to keep up with y'all and I really want to see the video. Good luck Tony!!!!!
Old 01-13-2007, 10:16 PM
i live for 3D
Banned

WOW.......I never new you were in the military![X(] are you in the airforce?...lol I want to be a f-16 pilot when I grow up. I have already started I have 6.5hrs In a Piper warrior that my uncle owns.....and guess what.....he is a certified flight instructor....Its so much fun being in the air. last sunday I made my first call to the tower...."Tamiami tower this is Piper 162 sierra tango request taxi to the active departure to the north with oscar". I was so excited!!
ORIGINAL: wingman371

Old 01-13-2007, 10:18 PM
i live for 3D
Banned

I just googled it. That is so cool.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:27 AM
Trundle

I'm afraid that by the time you get to be a pilot in the USAF most (if not all) of the F-16 will be rotting away in the Davis-Monthan "storage" facility or being shot at as targets. At least if you do become a pilot you'll be flying the bigger and better F-35 Lightning II.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.