Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Very Bad Luck

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Very Bad Luck

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 03:10 PM
multicasting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Very Bad Luck

ORIGINAL: Trundle

I'm afraid that buy the time you get to be a pilot in the USAF most (if not all) of the F-16 will be rotting away in the Davis-Monthan "storage" facility or being shot at as targets. At least if you do become a pilot you'll be flying the bigger and better F-35 Lightning II.
Not likely. The Air Force has plans for the F-16 through 2025. http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?storyID=123009691

However given his age, he could be piloting for the military in 10 years or less. If all goes as planned, the F 35 is due to begin replacing the F-16s, AV-8s and earlier model F-18s in 2011. I look for Congress to mess this up. If they don't, with these going to each branch, I would imagine the phase in/out will take 10 years.

Bob
Old 01-14-2007, 05:49 PM
rcpilotcd

after reading these posts all i can say is wow, i am 16 and i wish people (parents) would show more support for my hobby. i started out at 14 with a hobbico nexstar. after it suffered from several unplaned impacts i started building spads www.spadworld.net , last year i took an intrest in 3d and as a result destroyed 2 spa3ds. i can now fly 3d with the best pilots in our club. i am no longer interested in 3d and am currently building a giant scale aerobat. in my opinion it doesn't matter what types of planes that they fly, it is just a blessing to see more young people involved in this hobby.

i wish you good maiden flight, and i would like to thank all of you that helped tony out.

rcpilotcd
Old 01-14-2007, 09:25 PM
Trundle

ORIGINAL: multicasting

Not likely. The Air Force has plans for the F-16 through 2025. http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?storyID=123009691

However given his age, he could be piloting for the military in 10 years or less. If all goes as planned, the F 35 is due to begin replacing the F-16s, AV-8s and earlier model F-18s in 2011. I look for Congress to mess this up. If they don't, with these going to each branch, I would imagine the phase in/out will take 10 years.

Bob
Yes that is true but if the phase in/out process takes 10 years and it starts in 2011 and Tony starts flying in 10 years time they will already be half way thorough the phase in/out process so I doubt they will be recruiting any more F-16 pilots. Besides who is gonna be stupid enough to want to fly one of those if you could hop in a F-35 . Even if it doesn't go to plan (which it probably wont) They would be recruiting JSF pilots in ten years from now.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:39 AM
Flak
My Feedback: (1)

Tony,
My oldest son flies F-16's for the USAF. He loves the aircraft. You can send me a PM and I'll get you in touch with him to answer all of your questions. Keep after your private ticket. Your new R/C aircraft looks great. Good Luck.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:40 AM
sowega flyer

I have been watching this thread since the start and I would like to say that those of you that contributed are the true examples of what we all should be like. If you have the means to help someone in need then step up and help them. I salute all of you.
Tony, always remember this when you come across someone in need and you have the means to help them.
I salute you as well for your enthusiasm and gratitude towards flying and the people that have helped you.
I would like to offer you some advice. If flying in the military is what you want, then go for it! I was 16 when I started flying full scale aircraft, but I gave it up after I graduated high school. (I went to military high school and they had a flight program and owned their own airplane) I didn't pursue my dream and now, twenty years later, every time I see an airplane-I wish I had. Just don't lose sight of what you really want, like I did!
Congrats on your new plane, and may God bless all of you.
Jason
Old 01-15-2007, 06:54 PM
i live for 3D
Banned

the maiden was today!!!! It went perfect! I did get a flight video. I will have it up as soon as possible. I was really nervous when I took off. All I was saying was: Dont crash!,Dont crash! because I new all you guys were here waiting to here that all went well. Before my midair I wasnt afraid to fly, But now I am. I will get over soon I hope.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:58 PM
KingCobra2

SWEEEEEEEEEEET !!!! Very nice to hear. Scott
ORIGINAL: i live for 3D

the maiden was today!!!! It went perfect! I did get a flight video. I will have it up as soon as possible. I was really nervous when I took off. All I was saying was: Dont crash!,Dont crash! because I new all you guys were here waiting to here that all went well. Before my midair I wasnt afraid to fly, But now I am. I will get over soon I hope.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:58 PM
i live for 3D
Banned

One thing I forgot to say was that I waited for everyone to land there planes for me to takeoff but when I took off I heared a jet behind me It was a kingcat.[:@] After that 3 other planes took off. so there were 5 planes in the air and I was flying like at 600' trieng to avoid them[sm=lol.gif]
Old 01-15-2007, 07:06 PM
KingCobra2

If you have nuisance flyers>> get a fequency jammer with 5 or THEIR frequencies installed>> When they get too close>> swith to their FREQ and press that button and hold till the problem falls from the sky>(ok, juss kiddin')lol!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,,,,,,, Scott

One thing I forgot to say was that I waited for everyone to land there planes for me to takeoff but when I took off I heared a jet behind me It was a kingcat.[:@] After that 3 other planes took off. so there were 5 planes in the air and I was flying like at 600' trieng to avoid them[sm=lol.gif]
Old 01-15-2007, 07:23 PM
RC MANIAC119
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tony thats great news..I can"t wait to see the video!!![sm=lol.gif]

Don't let that crash you had change the way you fly..........Every RC bird you will EVER own, has a date stamped on it. You might not be able to find, but trust me...it's there!!

What Date you asked??? Simple........The Year,month, day,hour and second that that bird is going to die!!! It's a sad truth, I know.......but thats the way it is...........

So if you really want to enjoy that new bird of yours, you have to........

FLY IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!!!

Good luck my friend, and don't forget that video!!!
Old 01-15-2007, 08:34 PM
stinger40

ORIGINAL: RC MANIAC119

Tony thats great news..I can"t wait to see the video!!![sm=lol.gif]

Don't let that crash you had change the way you fly..........Every RC bird you will EVER own, has a date stamped on it. You might not be able to find, but trust me...it's there!!

What Date you asked??? Simple........The Year,month, day,hour and second that that bird is going to die!!! It's a sad truth, I know.......but thats the way it is...........

So if you really want to enjoy that new bird of yours, you have to........

FLY IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!!!

Good luck my friend, and don't forget that video!!!
Well...... some birds DON'T have dates on them. Don't have dates if they don't fly.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:06 PM
i live for 3D
Banned

I was looking over the video. Its not that great.All you can really see is the take off and the landing. The rest of it the plane looks like a spec. My video camera records it on a tape. can i take that to CVS and they can put it on a cd?
Old 01-15-2007, 10:09 PM
KingCobra2

Yes they can

I was looking over the video. Its not that great.All you can really see is the take off and the landing. The rest of it the plane looks like a spec. My video camera records it on a tape. can i take that to CVS and they can put it on a cd?
Old 01-15-2007, 10:35 PM
Trundle

Great news. After a couple of flights youll probably get your confidence back and be flying better than ever. I know how you feel about flying with so many other people. On sat I was flying my PC-9 along with 8 others! Almost everyone was running out of fuel and whenever someone did land they did it hard killed the engine and we all had to wait until the runway was clear. Eventually my engine died but considering at that time there were still about 6 people flying i couldn't hear it and only noticed when my nose started to drop at full throttle [X(]. At least then I had priority to land and i got it back safely.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:53 PM
76birdman

Congratulations Tony! Enjoy the plane. You have accomplished every goal set out for you and finally, IMHO, you should be able to enjoy the plane without feeling the pressure of posting pictures. Have fun and keep up the good work. One of the many things which can be learned throughout all of this is that there are still good people in the world. Many, many good people. I sincerely wish you luck in your journey towards becoming an Air Force Pilot. Someday, when you are thinking about what a bad day it was, think back on this and remember that it's not always the big things that matter. Sometimes it's the little stuff.

Eric M.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:22 AM
wingman371

Tony if you want to be a real pilot join the Marines and fly the FA-18 A much better plane and in the corps you get a call sign the AirFarce doesn't do that. Great with the plane enjoy it and not to worry about the pics.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:23 AM
Rcpwnage
Banned

Well after following this thread from the begining, i guess ill stay in the hobby for a few more years I ordered a brand new laptop and G3.5 and a guy at my local hobby shop over heard my idea (idea is coming soon be patient lol) and he is going to donate a RTF tower 40 trainer. and im going to start teaching the people who come watch us fly. are feild is in a park and theres constantly people watching, and a few people i see everytime i go out. maybe i can get a few people to join this great hobby of ares, and well if not i got an excuse to buy G3 .
Well Good luck tony, dont worry about crashing it. i promise you one day you will and if your worried about that while you fly it might happen premature. []
zach
Old 01-16-2007, 10:43 PM
76birdman

Rcpwnage,
I am so glad to hear it! Keep recruiting because you can rest assured that at some point, you will have the opportunity to work with a pilot like Tony. Responsible, mature, driven, goal oriented and actually quite a nice young person. By helping to instruct new people and make them feel welcome, you will be doing more than you realize. Once people are bitten by the bug, it will last a lifetime. If you take the time to ask around, you will be suprised how many people wanted to do this when they were younger and actually had or saw an R/C plane or even a C/L plane and were fascinated by it. The spark is there in many younger people. The key is not to let it go out. In our hustle and bustle world we often forget the benifits of being able to relax and forget the stress. This hobby provides all of us, young and old, with an absolute release for stress as well a chance to meet new people. Keep up the good work and let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Eric
ORIGINAL: Rcpwnage

Well after following this thread from the begining, i guess ill stay in the hobby for a few more years I ordered a brand new laptop and G3.5 and a guy at my local hobby shop over heard my idea (idea is coming soon be patient lol) and he is going to donate a RTF tower 40 trainer. and im going to start teaching the people who come watch us fly. are feild is in a park and theres constantly people watching, and a few people i see everytime i go out. maybe i can get a few people to join this great hobby of ares, and well if not i got an excuse to buy G3 .
Well Good luck tony, dont worry about crashing it. i promise you one day you will and if your worried about that while you fly it might happen premature. []
zach
Old 01-16-2007, 11:19 PM
multicasting

I was referring to the part where you said most or all of the F-16s would be on the scrap pile. There will be a need for moe F-16 pilots if the phase process is interrupted as was the A-2, the B-1, the B-70 and so on.

ORIGINAL: Trundle

ORIGINAL: multicasting

Bob
Yes that is true but if the phase in/out process takes 10 years and it starts in 2011 and Tony starts flying in 10 years time they will already be half way thorough the phase in/out process so I doubt they will be recruiting any more F-16 pilots. Besides who is gonna be stupid enough to want to fly one of those if you could hop in a F-35 . Even if it doesn't go to plan (which it probably wont) They would be recruiting JSF pilots in ten years from now.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:57 PM
RC MANIAC119
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 76birdman

Rcpwnage,
I am so glad to hear it! Keep recruiting because you can rest assured that at some point, you will have the opportunity to work with a pilot like Tony. Responsible, mature, driven, goal oriented and actually quite a nice young person. By helping to instruct new people and make them feel welcome, you will be doing more than you realize. Once people are bitten by the bug, it will last a lifetime. If you take the time to ask around, you will be suprised how many people wanted to do this when they were younger and actually had or saw an R/C plane or even a C/L plane and were fascinated by it. The spark is there in many younger people. The key is not to let it go out. In our hustle and bustle world we often forget the benifits of being able to relax and forget the stress. This hobby provides all of us, young and old, with an absolute release for stress as well a chance to meet new people. Keep up the good work and let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Eric

zach

Rcpwnage..........Good for you DUDE... . Go For it. This hobby is in dire need of people willing to take on the massive responsibility of helping new guys get a taste of what we have. Be patient, be humble,....and DON'T FORGET THE BUDDY BOX!!!!

76Birdman.........You took the words right out of my mouth...Well said Sir!!

[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

TONY..........Where's that video? The whole world is waiting to see "My Little Brother"....tearing up the sky's!!![sm=wink_smile.gif]
Old 01-17-2007, 02:39 AM
Rcpwnage
Banned

Thats one thing i forgot about. a buddy box. anyone have a cheap one for sale that will work with a jr radio.
I can cover the gas, as long as rob holds up his end, with the trainer we should be out teaching soon.
ill post pics of my "training station" aka back of my car with a laptop in it. lol
and ill post some pics of the trainer when it gets here.
zach
Old 01-17-2007, 03:09 AM
Flak
My Feedback: (1)

Air Force Fighter Pilots have "Call Signs". I don't believe the F-18 is superior to the F-16, as I know of a couple of occassions where a USAF pilot came out on top with his F-16 over a US Marine/Navy pilot and his F-18. While both aircraft are top notch, each has its role and often the pilot is the determining factor in which aircraft is better. Sea duty can be long and frustrating for USMC/Naval Aviators. USAF pilots are back on Terra Firma after a mission. What one becomes depends on the life style they prefer. No matter which branch one is in, the hours are long and grueling. Flying is just a small part of a day in a fighter pilot's life.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:00 PM
rcpilotcd

an F16 will win eery time because of its almost 2:1 power to weight ratio meaning it can accelerate while giong vertical.[8D]

rcpilotcd
Old 01-17-2007, 07:45 PM
mjfrederick

Hey, let's not forget that the F-15 has a perfect record in air-to-air engagements! (And that's not just for U.S. pilots)
Old 01-17-2007, 09:36 PM
i live for 3D
Banned

Im working on it...lol I want to wait till this saturday if I can get a ride to the field to make a 3D video aswell. This saturday is also going to be great fun because were having a "Flight night" at the field and I will video tape that to.
ORIGINAL: RC MANIAC119

ORIGINAL: 76birdman

Rcpwnage,

Eric

zach

Rcpwnage..........Good for you DUDE... . Go For it. This hobby is in dire need of people willing to take on the massive responsibility of helping new guys get a taste of what we have. Be patient, be humble,....and DON'T FORGET THE BUDDY BOX!!!!

76Birdman.........You took the words right out of my mouth...Well said Sir!!

[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

TONY..........Where's that video? The whole world is waiting to see "My Little Brother"....tearing up the sky's!!![sm=wink_smile.gif]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.