Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Very Bad Luck

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Very Bad Luck

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 10:35 PM
i live for 3D
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very Bad Luck

Hi, i am 13years old and my passion since I was a baby was airplanes. For some reason i think I have very bad luck I spent the whole summer working and saving up money for an new airplane. I worked everyday and over the whole summer I made about $300. I bought my plane Funstar 3D with 46ax and hitec gear. It took me about a month to put it together slowly. I took it out today for its Maiden and it flew awesome. I locks right in a hover, no wing rock in harrier and just a blast to fly Until I had a Midair collision with it. My plane got destroyed, servos, receiver, batt. got destroyed by other planes prop. Nothing happened to other Plane just mine. Even the engine is gone because the case cracked in half. Im sorry i dont have any pics I wasnt really in the mood to take pics of my plane in a thousand pieces.[&o]
Old 12-28-2006, 10:44 PM
VictoryRoll-91

Default RE: Very Bad Luck

Break the the other guys plane!!!!!! Not really, but very sorry to hear about your loss. Is there really no way you can fix a an engine case?
Old 12-28-2006, 10:45 PM
wingman371

Sorry but that there buddy. I would like to welcome you to the world of RC Modeling. You are now indoctrinated as a true RC Pilot. Now that it is winter time you can break out the snow shovel and start to save up for that next plane. I remeber doing the same to get an RC Car a while back.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:18 PM
alan0899

G'day Mate,
Sorry about your loss, but on the bright side, a 46AX crankcase is $40.00, well worth replacing & then at least you have a good motor again.
We had to do that last year, wrecked stub where carby fits, just that here the crankcase is $65.00 but a new engine costs $150.00, so get saving, & enjoy your next summer, mid-airs are pretty rare, over here, in our club.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:26 PM
jship
My Feedback: (4)

Just think of all the good experience your getting. Life is just this way!
john
Old 12-29-2006, 10:40 AM
ryanofoz

I feel for you. I had a SIG 4* 60 that lasted about 3 weeks until I got mid-air'd on a landing approach. Looked like confetti falling from the sky... Welcome to RC! All the guy could say was "I thought I was far enough away, sorry"
Old 12-29-2006, 01:53 PM
Rcpwnage
Banned

hey.. i got that plane, but i didnt like the way it flew so i striped it of the radio and engine. i would **** it to you but... shipping would be almost 75 dollar. new one is like 113 total w/shipping from tower.
how did your case crack? never heard of a mid air cracking a case.
gl next time
zach
Old 12-29-2006, 06:11 PM
Flak
My Feedback: (1)

3D,
OK, let's hear more of this sad story. You're 13 years young and you were hovering your aircraft, when another plane ran into your plane? First of all, I commend you for being so young and flying at the level you are at. What did the ohter folks present at the time of the crash say? Was the other pilot apologetic and did anyone offer to help replace your plane? In the event no one has offered to make ammends, I hope some LHS owner or company rep who happens to read this may help you get another plane. I am a Warbird pilot and I don't think much of 3D, but I lnow other folks love 3D. When someone hovers at my field, I do my best to avoid them and announce when I intend to make a low pass or landing. This way the 3D guy may get out of harm's way. I sometimes wait to fly my 100 plus MPH P-51 until the other guy is finished. There really are no excuses for a midair collision when there are only two planes in the air. However, this seems to be a common occurance. Come on Tower Hobbies, Hangar 9, Great Planes, help this kid out. Good luck to you and Happy Landings.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:45 PM
jship
My Feedback: (4)

flak; "Come on Tower Hobbies, Hangar 9, Great Planes, help this kid out."

Just what example do we want to send this kid? This is just part of this hobby. " **** happens". We grow by over coming adversity.

When I was learning to fly, I was learning the fine art of rebuilding. I did not much like the lessons I was learning, but I am now Glad I learned them.

"What goes up must come down"

john in missouri
Old 12-30-2006, 09:19 AM
RC MANIAC119
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jship

flak; "Come on Tower Hobbies, Hangar 9, Great Planes, help this kid out."

Just what example do we want to send this kid? This is just part of this hobby. " **** happens". We grow by over coming adversity.

When I was learning to fly, I was learning the fine art of rebuilding. I did not much like the lessons I was learning, but I am now Glad I learned them.

"What goes up must come down"

john in missouri

John........I don't know when you started flying, but like I live for3d....I had the fire at a very early age, and I also busted my hump for money so that I could fullfill my dreams of punching holes in the sky. It seems like I mowed every lawn in my county just to get enough cash to buy those precious airborne beauties.....and when they died I was devastated...but had to mow, and rake leafs, and anything else I could do to realize my dream! I would have gladly sold my little brother for a chance to own and fly airplanes!!!

So what lesson are WE teaching this kid? It is OK to mid-air someone, and then not offer to help him out? "Too bad Junior..you gotta learn how to re-build - STUFF HAPPENS"!

Well I have a lesson for him and you............i live for 3D, send me your address..........I have a used but still in great condition Thunder Tiger Pro 46 you can have...I'll even pay the shipping!!

Look guys........youngsters like this are very rare.........most kids his age have their faces stuck in a video game, their ears plugged with I-pods AND CELL PHONES, and their eyeballs stuck on My-Space.....all with the attitude of."Go Outside and do What?? thats for kids......" and believe me I know this for a fact...I have 3 of em..........15-14-and 12 years old..........

SOMEONE DONATE A PROFILE, AND WE CAN HELP THIS KID GET BACK IN THE AIR!!!!
Old 12-30-2006, 09:29 AM
JGFAN4EVER1
My Feedback: (5)

RCMANIAC Wow, I gotta commend you for that offer to him, I wish I had a plane to donate, I completely agree with you about todays kids, its very sad to see a kid like this who loves flying grounded cause of a midair. ILIVE43D I hope you get back in the air soon and good luck.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:37 PM
Flak

Gentlemen,
Thanks for the support. I'm glad there are folks here that believe in responsibility and the continued growth of this hobby.

RC Maniac 119,
You are to be commended. I raise my glass to you brother. However, I believe it's a shame that the folks at the young man's local flying field, to include the other person involved did not previously take this action. When something goes wrong that I am responsible for, I take action to make things right. No one is perfect, and we all screw up from time to time. This "No Fault" stuff is a bunch of B.S.!
Old 12-30-2006, 04:26 PM
bkdavy

I agree the youngster should be encouraged to get back in the air, but we don't know any of the circumstances surrounding the crash. He simply says he had a mid-air collision. No discussion of who was at fault. It could have been his fault, it might have been the other guy.

I hope he gets the opportunity to repair and learns a valuable lesson - fly with those you can trust. If you're not sure, just wait until the other flyer lands, then have at it. And a spotter is a good thing to have when there is more than one plane in the air.

Brad
Old 12-30-2006, 07:04 PM
i live for 3D
Banned

Hi guys thanks for all the support. I will make it a little more clear for you we both were flying the pattern at our field and I was going slow over the runway at about 100ft and he came a little bit at an angle much faster and his plane flew right through mine with out even needing to change the prop after.[&o] I dont think it was anyones fault because we both were flying the same pattern. also the case cracked because the plane went in at full throttle on our paved runway. Also does a new case include the head? because mine is really torn up.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:53 PM
alan0899

G'day Mate,
No it does not include the head, but if the damage is only on the outside, eg cooling fins, then you can reuse it.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:34 PM
RC MANIAC119
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: i live for 3D

Hi guys thanks for all the support. I will make it a little more clear for you we both were flying the pattern at our field and I was going slow over the runway at about 100ft and he came a little bit at an angle much faster and his plane flew right through mine with out even needing to change the prop after.[&o] I dont think it was anyones fault because we both were flying the same pattern. also the case cracked because the plane went in at full throttle on our paved runway. Also does a new case include the head? because mine is really torn up.
I'm not suggesting that your mid-air was anyone's fault.......BUT, I need to know if there was any conversation between you, and the pilot that smacked you. Did someone say 'I'm sorry Dude"? Did he hit you, or did you hit him?

I'm still going to send you that engine, and I would like for everyone to look in stash......I'm sure someone has an unused ARF they could part with!!!

Come on guys.........It's Christmas!!!!

Old 12-30-2006, 11:41 PM
i live for 3D
Banned

Hey, RC MANIAC119
The other guy did say he was sorry and helped me pick up the billions of pieces on the runway. To answer your other question he was the one that ran in to me. I usually fly on sundays but since It was christmas break I didnt have school. Most of the people that go there on the weekdays i have never met before. Thats probably the reason why no one wanted to help replace my plane.

Happy New year,
Tony
Old 12-31-2006, 12:06 AM
Underaged Pilot

I totally know how you feel, I'm in your same situation, However my fellow club members are the BEST. There is no way I could of ever started in this hobby without them. I had a paper route for 2 years to support my hobby and now I'm getting a job as a ref with the cities basketball league. The main reason why I had to quit my route is so I could do more stuff with the Boy Scouts and Civil Air Patrol. I would so help you if I could, but I do not have any excess stuff around my garage.
Good Luck,
Jerry Jacobs
Old 12-31-2006, 01:03 AM
Rcpwnage
Banned

i got a reciever... no servos. were they in one peice? i know that plane has 2 on the tail and 2 on the wing. so only one should of broke..
what radio gear do you use? i got jr!
Old 12-31-2006, 02:11 AM
76birdman

Dear I_live_for_3D,

What a coincidence. I just happen to be in a giving mood. Please feel free to post pictures of the remains of your Funstar 3D with a 46ax and PM me with proof of purchase and I will send you a check for the purchase price. Personally it sounds like a scam to me so prove me wrong and I'll buy you a new one. In the event that you are actually 13 years old I would not want to let a little thing like this keep you from a hobby as great as aeromodeling. I also had a similar incident when I was younger and if people who were in the club had not helped me out there is a chance that the spark would have been lost forever. If that were to happen in this case and few stepped up it would be a shame.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:28 AM
iglowhead
My Feedback: (192)

ORIGINAL: i live for 3D

"I will make it a little more clear...I was going slow over the runway at about 100ft...the case cracked because the plane went in at full throttle on our paved runway."

You are going to have to make it a little more clear for me to understand that.
I agree birdman. Sounds like a possible scam. The boy might be fishing for suckers.
Pics of the broken case would be nice.
Please understand. I feel like the others about the hobby desperately needing the interest of todays young people and
I am always willing to go out of my way to help this happen. But, I am very cautious on the internet where scams abound.
I am with birdman. Provide a little evidence. If you can fulfill birdman's request for proof and send it to me also
I will kick in some props fuel tanks and other necessities.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:48 AM
Rcpwnage
Banned

I would love to think that theres not people like that in this hobby, but... i guess there almost everywere.
ill still send pic if you do birds request.
"man hes gonna feel like an ass if he shows him proof of purchase and pics"
lol, hope you prove us wrong man.... oh yeah, no camera? u can get a disposable one and take it to wal mart and have it turned into a cd. i will pay for that process if you prove us wrong.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:22 AM
i live for 3D
Banned

Hey 76birdman do you have a cell phone I could send pictures like that? My moms digital camera doesnt work.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:37 AM
i live for 3D
Banned

Also to prove I am a kid you can go to amps-rc.com then go to Amps archive then click on january 2006. Scroll down until you see me with my UCD 46 I got last year for chrismas.

Tony
Old 12-31-2006, 11:43 AM
76birdman

Sorry Tony, I don't have a phone which can accept pictures. Rcpwnage has an excellent suggestion and has even agreed to kick in the cost of processing the pictures for you. iglowhead has offered to help out as well. We all like to see pictures and who knows, you might just pick up some more help in the process.

Eric

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.