Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

So rude

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 05:26 PM
Pit-Viper 1
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: So rude

I was actually thinking of trying the feild up in Loveland, have to be a member to fly there though or acompanied by someone who is. Things get a little crazy with too many people flying at one time. I'm not sure who the new President of the club is, but Tom was last year and he did a wonderful job of keeping people where they needed to be (pilot station not the runway) and not more than the allowed 5 in the air at once. He still does a great job. People just really need to learn to fly the pattern over the runway and not back and forth across it both directions, too dangerous.

Shane
Old 02-21-2007, 01:33 AM
gilbertfh
My Feedback: (5)

Hehe Tom had a head on with James a couple months back. Confetti all over the place. I wish I could have been there. I bet if you looked hard you could still find bits.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:58 AM
Pit-Viper 1
My Feedback: (12)

I think i picked a piece of it up while we were looking for a exhaust tip Sunday...lol
Old 02-21-2007, 02:58 AM
Rcpwnage
Banned

gil, i have been flying in NC for the last 10 years of my life. and have always flown at are local church. lol
if you look in the forums for I HIT A CHURCH!!! you can find my thread i actually ran my uproar 60 into the side of the church. wut side of town do you live on? know were college lakes is?
zach
Old 02-21-2007, 12:05 PM
gilbertfh

I remember reading that post. Shortly before I read that post I had purchased an Uproar 60 and have since completed it. It flies great if it is up to me I will always have one. The hard part for me was figuring out how I wanted to cover it. I live in between Raeford and Fayetteville. Attached is a pic and a link to the unedited maiden flight of my uproar. It has a Saito 91 and hovers nicely with a 14x4W prop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wO5eekLN6M
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv66075.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	626534   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89313.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	626535  
Old 02-21-2007, 07:21 PM
Rcpwnage
Banned

Yeah i loved my uproar(s), i built another and ended up selling it to a new guy at ur field cause he was a jeff gordon fan and had to have that plane. *i did it up like jeff gordons flame car* heres a few pics of what was left of my first uproar...
i never liked knife edges with it. dosnt handle those to well. but it can handle some wind!
my uproar was over 6 years old when i found its expo date.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55677.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	626809   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75124.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	626810  
Old 02-21-2007, 09:58 PM
gilbertfh

Terrible shame about those expiration dates. My uproar has no idea what a knife edge is. All the rudder does is keep it from falling so fast when it is on it's side. Six years though is darn good I am hoping to get as much use out of mine. I have only been flying for a year so wish me luck. If you go back to the other thread I actually posted on it... Last one it seems I can really kill them. 5 days or so to build and 7 months to think about covering it. I see you are going under a different name now so I didn't recognize ya.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:06 AM
Rcpwnage
Banned

That was actually my older bro's accnt. i didnt have one of my own at the time.
i really like the monokote dsgn you choose for uproar. looks pretty cool in the air.
im flying a tribute 36, and a seagull models harrier 90 ,harmon rocket, nitro models long ez.
tribute is one of the best planes i have ever flown.
it will do anything you want. and its small enough to fit in my magnum w/o takin the wing off.
if your lookin for a good plane motor combo. heres my sugestion hanger 9 tribute 36 4d w/saito 56!
best package i have flown in a while.
zach
Old 02-22-2007, 09:56 AM
gilbertfh

I like the scheme, it was one of those that I didn't know where it was going to end up when I started. I agree that the tribute with the saito 56 is a great combo. Saito 56 engines are pricy for 40 size acft but you get what you pay for.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:43 AM
Rcpwnage
Banned

Yea, saito's do get a bit pricey. but after running os la motors. a saito is a good break from tuning.
ill get some pics of my tribute soon. i have alot of um were its just siing there. but weres the fun in that?
zach
Old 02-23-2007, 01:01 PM
gilbertfh

LOL somwhere I have a video of mine flying but it was the maiden so it was somewhat booorrrinnnngggg.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:51 PM
mountainflyer

Interesting take on Colorado flying.. I fly @ cherry creek so far so good, however i don't get out near enough.. we're hoping to move back to the west of end of town soon, so hopefully i'll join you guys @ Chatfield..
Old 03-08-2007, 06:36 PM
cougar347

ORIGINAL: Rcpwnage

Yeah i loved my uproar(s), i built another and ended up selling it to a new guy at ur field cause he was a jeff gordon fan and had to have that plane. *i did it up like jeff gordons flame car* heres a few pics of what was left of my first uproar...
i never liked knife edges with it. dosnt handle those to well. but it can handle some wind!
my uproar was over 6 years old when i found its expo date.
You guys have the skills, now you need an airplane that will allow you to fine tune them. Get yourself a good 40 sized profile such as a Mojo or OMP Edge if you really want to have some fun. You won't believe how much easier they are to fly. You can knife edge them in your sleep. Plus they're fun to build, nice and light, and easy to repair when you mess up.

Check out the profile and fun flying section here on RCU and ask questions. When you're ready for the hardcore information, check out the profile brotherhood site. Good stuff.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:17 PM
jak stoll

hey I live in NC near asheville
Id really like to hook up with some other pilots :-)
Ive never flown at a field or been with other pilots & Im sure Id learn allot from being with others
take care
JAK
Old 03-14-2007, 01:17 AM
redskytattoo

Hey guys.....I happen to live in Castle Rock too...in the meadows.....I started flying at Cherry creek as well.....I thought a bunch of the guys were real rude too.....I now fly at Chatfield and everyone seems much nicer....huge runways too......love it there....Im the guy with all the tattoos...say hi sometime......Im usually there on Wednesdays....